Craftsman ¾ HPS* Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Backup, two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadItem# 00954918000 | Model# 54918
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HPS Garage Door Opener operates the door during a power failure with the integrated DieHard Battery, is ultra-quiet with steel reinforced belt and DC motor with soft start and stop. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in.
The Craftsman ¾ HPS 54918 also features a Tri-Frequency Radio System, Anti-Burglary Coding Technology, and Timer-to-Close providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
** HPS is horsepower strength with same lifting force specifications as 3/4HP
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- DieHard® Battery Backup system provides up to 20 open/close cycles in the first 24 hours of a power outage. Always charged to allow door control, safety sensors, and remotes to operate on stored power.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Smart Motion LCD Wall Control displays time, temperature and system diagnostics in one convenient location.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Smart Motion Detecting LCD Multi-function Wall Console
- DieHard Battery
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53728) and 10’ high doors (9-53729) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
10-year Limited Motor Warranty*HPS is horsepower strength with the same lifting force specification as ¾ HP AC Craftsman garage door openers.
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Unit was easy to install and program. Lifts door easily and is extremely quiet. Only bad thing is that it wii not operate with Homelink systems that are older. I read reviews from others that mentioned hard installation, however if you follow the directions you shouldn't have any problems.
Very quiet opening and closing. Wall unit has time/temperature - not a feature I would pay anything extra for - not really a necessity. Motion sensor good feature, but lights up in daytime as well - not needed.
Virginia Beach, VA
Sorry about the title but this page is not Android tablet friendly - i can't type letters in the subject. My last Sears opener lasted 19 years so when it died I replaced it with this model. It is truly quiet as advertised, installation instructions were clear and it was easy to program the external key pad and the 2 clickers. The unit has 2 lights which turn on by motion sensor we have mounted by the door into the garage. Nice to not have to fumble for the light switch. It also has the temp displayed. Any error codes will also display on the unit. We went to the store to purchase the unit and we're happy to see that Sears would price match the price on the Web which was $30 less than in the store (go figure). The only reason I won't give the unit 5 stars is the compatibility with Homelink. If your car is older than 2011 go to the Homelink site to make sure you don't need to purchase an additional piece of hardware to make the unit work. Sears does not make this obvious in their store material but Homelink has changed their technology and you may be required to have a repeater to bridge the technology. To Homelink's credit they offered me the repeater for only the shipping costs. But for Sears not to state the this opener is only compatible with Homelink 4.0 - shame on them. Also t he repeater must be plugged in - there is no battery backup so the advantage of having a battery backup opener is somewhat diminished. I must still have the opener somewhere in the car in case of an outage. Hopefully the repeater will work as advertised.
Glen Burnie, MD
This item is outstanding, effective and will give you the ultimate satisfaction that all consumers are looking for. It's features are impeccable and easy to use. It comes with a remote control that can be set in your car or take along with you as you wishes. It has a keypad that needs a 4 digit code and can be installed outside your garage for easy access in case you misplaced your house keys. It also has 4 lightning bulbs that will illuminate your garage for about 4.5 minutes but the time can be adjusted for as low as 1 min to minimize electrical consumption. The ease at which it opens with less audibility is fascinating. I will recommend it to all who are looking for quality and effective garage door opener to invest in this simple but sophisticated machine.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Morris Plains, NJ
The opener is very quiet as advertised. My difficulty was with the installation and setup. Read the instructions very carefully. The instructions are out of date and not clear. Also many people indicated they had trouble with programming their cars to work with this opener. Ditto. Called the 800# and all they offered was to sell me an upgrade to allow my car to work with the opener. Garbage. Went to HomeLink website and watch video. Light Bulb!! I had to program my car to the remote first and then the car to the opener. 800# should have supplied this information.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.