Craftsman ¾ HPS* Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Backup, two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadItem# 00954918000 | Model# 54918
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HPS Garage Door Opener operates the door during a power failure with the integrated DieHard Battery, is ultra-quiet with steel reinforced belt and DC motor with soft start and stop. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in.
The Craftsman ¾ HPS 54918 also features a Tri-Frequency Radio System, Anti-Burglary Coding Technology, and Timer-to-Close providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
** HPS is horsepower strength with same lifting force specifications as 3/4HP
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- DieHard® Battery Backup system provides up to 20 open/close cycles in the first 24 hours of a power outage. Always charged to allow door control, safety sensors, and remotes to operate on stored power.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Smart Motion LCD Wall Control displays time, temperature and system diagnostics in one convenient location.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Smart Motion Detecting LCD Multi-function Wall Console
- DieHard Battery
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53728) and 10’ high doors (9-53729) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
10-year Limited Motor Warranty*HPS is horsepower strength with the same lifting force specification as ¾ HP AC Craftsman garage door openers.
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this, and used Sears installation service. This is produced by Chamberlain/Liftmaster, so any accessory from Chamberlain/Liftmaster will work with it. It has the YELLOW learn button, so I purchased a Liftmaster 855LM Homelink repeater to get it to work with older car's built-in universal opener. Installation service was top notch. Much cheaper total cost then using a garage company and buying their basic chain liftmaster unit. The unit is incredibly quiet, it blows your mind if you have been used to chain units. Its hard to hear it in the bedrooms above garage. I really like the motion sensor switch for light. I have a fridge in garage, I frequently go in there to get stuff with my hands full. The Time To Close feature is great to, the opener will auto close if you forget to close it. Have not used the battery feature yet, but Im sure I will like it when the time comes. I have not hooked it up via smarthphone yet.
I purchased this belt drive garage door opener to replace a 13.5 year old 1/2 HP chain drive Craftsman. Belt drive is amazingly quiet compared to the old chain unit. My family is no longer awakened from my early morning garage door operation. It was an easy replacement for the Old Craftsman because of similar dimensions, mounting location, etc. I was able to re-use old mounting hardware to ceiling, and even reused the mounting bracket above garage door. This really minimized replacement time. Battery back-up is a nice feature, but I haven't had to use it yet. Garage opener lights can be activated by a motion sensor in wall control, which is also a nice feature when walking into dark garage from house. Only disappointment (why I'm not rating it 5 stars) is that it won't pair with older car home-link transmitters, but paired easily with the one in our 2014 model year Toyota. Manual states you may need to buy a separate adapter to work with older home link transmitters. For now, I'll just use the hand held transmitters (clickers) that came with this garage door opener in my older cars. There may have been a recent upgrade in encryption technology, which probably affects all new garage door openers. For info, the replaced Craftsman garage door opener was still working strong, but had a permanently burned out light socket that probably occurred from house power surge. Installing a surge protector at outlet this time.
Was a great deal. Seems very easy to put up. I have not installed it yet but looked at directions it seems easily done. I have always bought chain driven wanted to check out the quietness of the belt driven.Can't wait for it to get warm enough to put it up. The quickest shipping ever it was awesome. I ordered one day here the next!! Thank you sears!!
New Iberia, LA
This garage door closes so quietly that my wife Debra says she have to open the back door to see if the garage door is close . I would recommend this 3/4 ultra-quiet belt garage door to anyone and everyone
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Lawrence Township, NJ
Based upon prior purchase experience of your Ultra- Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener, decided to purchase another one for the second door.
Santa Clara, CA
Smooth installation, extremely quiet operation, clear instructions, everything needed in the package. I saw another review saying this item broke in 3 years of service, but this appears to be a brand new product so I think that's not likely. Only downside is that the AssureLink openers like this one are not compatible with standard door openers and the old mechanical door bell type switches. You HAVE to use AssureLink accessories. That point should have been included on the item specifications, but if it was, I missed it until reading the manual AFTER I installed it. But everything we needed came in the package, so not a big issue for us.