Craftsman ¾ HPS* Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Backup, two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadItem# 00954918000 | Model# 54918
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HPS Garage Door Opener operates the door during a power failure with the integrated DieHard Battery, is ultra-quiet with steel reinforced belt and DC motor with soft start and stop. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in.
The Craftsman ¾ HPS 54918 also features a Tri-Frequency Radio System, Anti-Burglary Coding Technology, and Timer-to-Close providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
** HPS is horsepower strength with same lifting force specifications as 3/4HP
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- DieHard® Battery Backup system provides up to 20 open/close cycles in the first 24 hours of a power outage. Always charged to allow door control, safety sensors, and remotes to operate on stored power.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Smart Motion LCD Wall Control displays time, temperature and system diagnostics in one convenient location.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Smart Motion Detecting LCD Multi-function Wall Console
- DieHard Battery
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53728) and 10’ high doors (9-53729) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
10-year Limited Motor Warranty*HPS is horsepower strength with the same lifting force specification as ¾ HP AC Craftsman garage door openers.
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
We had an old garage door opener that was loud and would walk up our baby, so we did the research and this was a high rated model, and it has lived up to the hype. Very quiet and smooth, we love it.
Great Cacapon, WV
We installed this garage door opener about two weeks ago. It replaces a one half horsepower unit that was beginning to struggle lifting a double Wayne Dalton insulated steel door. The new opener has more power, a DC motor, a battery backup, etc. - you can read the specs. The door opens much quieter but a little more slowly - not a problem. We really appreciate the motion sensor on the wall switch. It turns on the lights the minute we walk into the garage. I did not realize what a great convenience this would be. Because this was the third unit we've installed, the installation went quite quickly since some of the wiring was already in place - we did have to re-install the safety sensors and wiring since they are basically one piece - the wires are permanently attached to the sensors. Very happy with this unit.
This was a simple install. Removal of the old Craftsman opener took about 10 minutes. New fit right in. Since I already had an opener, the wiring was already existing, so the time for wiring is not part of my review. I had no difficulty following the instructions, followed step-by step. The only difficult area was getting the spring to release tension to the belt, using a screw driver as suggested in the instructions would not work, so I used channel locks to hold it while turning the nut. Door operates very quiet. Time will tell if this opener holds up like the old Craftsman (12 years old), it didn't die, we just wanted a new one that operates if power goes out. This door does have soft open/close and is very easy to adjust the open/close to get just the right amount. Remotes were preprogrammed and batteries already installed. Has lots of useful features and is already equipped to upgrade to the AssureLink if you add the network hub (sold separately). The only thing I would change is minor - the outside keypad battery compartment can be opened by just pressing down and sliding off the cover. The old opener has a screw holding the battery compartment in place. I would have preferred this design. Also, since most cars now come with built in remotes, the portable remotes that you get with this should be smaller and maybe able to fit in your pocket.
El Paso, TX
I am rating 5 stars as of now.Today I finished the install myself. Never done a garage door opener ,but wasn't too difficult.Set the travel limits,program the panel and works good. Lifts no faster than my previous genie with 1/2 hp,but it is quiter of course since it is belt driven. I like the automated lights when entering and the lcd control panel,in which notifies of temp and current time. Sensor brackets are useful too as they mount right on the track without any bolts or screws.So as said,5 stars. I hope it stays like this and doesn't fail like the assurelink models logic board. If that happens,I'll make sure to whine like no tomorrow .
Lynn Haven, FL
Las Cruces, NM
I love my new garage door opener. Not only is it quieter than the old one, it has a motion detector so that when I enter the garage from the house, the lights turn on. It also has a thermometer which tells me how hot it is in my garage, and I look forward to being able to open my garage door even during a power outage. Also, the technician was prompt, courteous, and efficient.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.