Craftsman ¾ HPS* Ultra-Quiet Belt Drive Garage Door Opener with DieHard® Battery Backup, two Multi-Function Remotes and KeypadItem# 00954918000 | Model# 54918
Specifications & Dimensions
|Door Opener Type:||Belt Drive|
|Battery Backup Function:||Yes|
|Motor Power Type:||DC|
|Number of Lights:||2|
|Number of Remotes Included:||2|
|Safety Sensor Type:||Contact and non-contact|
|Has Emergency Release:||Yes|
|Safety Sensor Beam Technology:||Yes|
|Wall Control Type:||Motion detecting wall control|
|Rolling Code Protection:||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
The NEW Craftsman ¾ HPS Garage Door Opener operates the door during a power failure with the integrated DieHard Battery, is ultra-quiet with steel reinforced belt and DC motor with soft start and stop. Easy to install and maintain with a simple user interface and quick install rail system this model also has many safety, security, and convenience features built in.
The Craftsman ¾ HPS 54918 also features a Tri-Frequency Radio System, Anti-Burglary Coding Technology, and Timer-to-Close providing convenient and secure operation of your garage door.
** HPS is horsepower strength with same lifting force specifications as 3/4HP
Convenience and Reliability
- Tri-Frequency Radio System with multiple frequency system virtually eliminates the effects of interference caused by products in and around the home, helping to make sure you can access the garage every time and from the greatest distance.
- DieHard® Battery Backup system provides up to 20 open/close cycles in the first 24 hours of a power outage. Always charged to allow door control, safety sensors, and remotes to operate on stored power.
- Wireless keyless entry pad, allows entry into garage without a key or remote using a secure 4-digit programmable PIN.
- Timer-to-Close feature can automatically close the door after a set period of time.
- Smart Motion LCD Wall Control displays time, temperature and system diagnostics in one convenient location.
- Program remotes and keypads from the wall control, no need to get on a ladder to access the “learn” button.
- Quick Install Rail System provides faster and easier installation, assembles in 60 seconds.
- Simple user interface with Electronic Limits and Automatic Force Settings that automatically monitors, sets and adjusts the force required to open and close the garage door during temperature fluctuations.
- Energy Efficient sleep mode uses less than one (1) watt of power.
Safety and Security
- Motion Detecting Wall Control turns opener lights on in the garage when motion is sensed.
- Protector System® safety reversing sensors with Rapid-Snap® brackets automatically reverses the door if anything interrupts the beam while the door is going down.
- Sensing technology will stop the door from closing if contact is made with a person or object.
- PosiLock® System theft protection system securely locks door when it is down preventing intruders from entering garage.
- Anti-burglary Coding Technology assures that a new code is sent every time the remote control is used.
- Monitor and control your garage door and home lighting from anywhere* with Assurelink™ Connectivity.
*Assurelink connectivity hub and internet connection required for app control (#54900 sold separately).
- Compatible with HomeLink® in-vehicle remote control system (may require an external adapter depending on the make, model, and year of your vehicle; visit www.homelink.com for additional information).
Included in the box:
- Power unit with two (2) Light Lenses
- Two (2) 3-function Security+ 2.0 Remotes
- One (1) Wireless Keyless Entry Pad
- Smart Motion Detecting LCD Multi-function Wall Console
- DieHard Battery
- Safety Sensors
- Rail, Hardware, and Owner’s Manual
Professional installation available
Extension kits to complete installation for up to 8’ high doors (9-53728) and 10’ high doors (9-53729) are available and sold separately.
3-year Limited Warranty
1-year Limited Accessories Warranty
10-year Limited Motor Warranty*HPS is horsepower strength with the same lifting force specification as ¾ HP AC Craftsman garage door openers.
Added on June 07, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Installed it myself, great instructions made it easy. Very quiet, belt driven opener. I have a single, two car door and opted for the 3/4 HP opener. Seems to handle the big door w/o issues. One small issue: the master chain link was missing a part, which I found at a bicycle store.
The garage door tucks under the 2nd floor bedroom., and the noise from the old GDO would wake everyone up. This new belt drive is so quite, sometimes the dog doesn't even hear it! Love it!
It works great. If I still sit in the car and close the garage door, I have to look up to check if it is really closing. It is that quiet. So far it is working great and I am very happy with it. I hope it will last a long time. Our other garage door opener lasted 16 years.
After installing the garage door opener, I was truly amazed at how quiet it actually was. Works fantastic. Well worth the price and a great product! Just wished the Assure link had a longer period of use time.
Des Moines, IA
Very quiet and love the extra features. Motion detecter turns on lights when I open the door from the house. Temp and time are added features as is the battery backup.
We replaced an old model chain drive garage opener which still worked and didn't necessarily need to be replaced. We decided it was time to get with the modern times and purchase a new model opener. We chose the belt drive opener. What a HUGE difference from the old one! It is so quiet when it opens and we love the added features that come along with it! Never had the keypad for outside so now we can actually open our garage from outside! yeah! And like the idea of a battery backup for the opener. NICE! I would highly recommend this model to everyone looking. WELL WORTH the purchase!