Craftsman 190cc* Briggs & Stratton Engine, High Wheel Rear Bag Push Mower 50 StatesItem# 07137037000 | Model# 37037
|Color and Styling:|
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.25|
|Overall Dimensions:||34.8 x 23.9 x 17.5|
|General Warranty:||2 Year|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Included with Item:|
|Engine Oil Included:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||70|
|Package Contents:||Lawn Mower|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Handle Height Positions:||3-position|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Material:||Alloy Steel|
|Blade Stop Feature:||No|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Air Filter Type:||Auto-type paper|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Splash|
|Engine Series:||725ex Platinum Engine Series|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||190|
|Has Remote Choke:||No|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||7.25|
|Recommended Oil & Capacity:||SAE 30|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||33459|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Throttle Adjustment:||Auto choke|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||7 in.|
|Front Wheel Type:||Fixed Forward|
|High Rear Wheels:||Yes|
|Rear Tire Size:||11 in.|
|Cutting Deck Type:||Precision cut|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Dual lever|
|Cutting Height Range:||1.25 to 3.75 in.|
|Cutting Width (In.):||21|
|Disposal by Bagging:||Yes - included|
|Disposal by Rear Discharge:||No|
|Disposal by Side Discharge:||Yes - installed|
|Bag Capacity (CuFt):||1.9|
|EZ Bagging Access:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
This Yard Mower is Built for Fast Pace Cutting
Built for a precise trim, this Craftsman yard mower features an extended cutting area that reaches beyond the wheels, so whether you’re trimming along a side walk, garden path or flower bed, you have the reach you need to snip every blade exactly. Designed to suit your cutting style, it swaps between bagging, mulching and side discharge, while the simple height adjustments go from 1.25 to 3.75 inches with ease. Built to make getting the grass cut easier and more comfortable, this lawn mower features an EZ empty Dust Blocker™ rear bag, three position ergonomic handle and the dependability of a fast-firing Briggs and Stratton 190cc engine, for sure starts and solid performance at a fast pace. Pull the cord, and get cutting with Craftsman.
- Briggs & Stratton® Platinum Engine Series 190cc* engine (7.25 ft-lbs gross torque) for dependable starting performance, durability and long life
- Smooth Start™ Plus combines a recoil starter with Ready Start and MRS to get you up and running fast
- Ready Start™ means no prime, no choke, just pull starter rope
- Most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug fires fast from starting to cutting
- Precision Plus™ cutting system delivers high-performance bagging and mulching with a durable blade, giving your lawn a manicured appearance
- 21 in. 3-in-1 deck bags, mulches and discharges
- Deck design extends beyond wheels for more precise trimming and edging
- Dual point height adjustments range from 1.25 to 3.75 in. for any lawn or grass type
- EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings
- 3-position ergo handle is more ergonomic & adjustable to user for more comfort
- 7 in. front and 11 in. rear wheels offer improved maneuverability and stability over rough and uneven terrain
- Craftsman exclusive front deck handle makes adjustments and deck protection easy
- EZ Deck Wash system connects to your garden hose for fast cleanup and better performance
- Mulch plug built into the deck
- Side discharge chute included
- Unit comes fully assembled
- 2-year full warranty
- Available in 50 states
- *As rated by engine manufacturer
Added on November 04, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
After research, this seemed to be the best fit for our needs. Really impressed with the starting on the first pull. The lighter weight was nice to handle in the yard, enjoyed the deck washout adaptor, etc. Everything just seemed great--then one summer evening, about the 10-12 th time I tried to use the mower, it decided it would not start, not on one pull or 20, So, we took it to the Sears repair shop, since we had also purchased additional warranty. Surprised to learn that the folks in the repair shop said they had experienced a lot of this type problem "because the gas is bad, you have to use higher grade fuel, or add stabilizer to your gas". Well, I had never heard of such in the 50 years I have used power mowers. Left the mower to be repaired and after 2 weeks and many phone calls have now learned my "new" mower is ready to come back home--with a charge attached!! I questioned ANY charge since the mower was about 6 weeks old and was told they had to replace the spark plug and filter "and that is not covered by any warranty".
I will retrieve this mower from the shop and will sell it this weekend at a garage sale--I have had my last Craftsman mower, which is a shame, this one is probably the 8-10th one I have owned with no problems EVER until now. Disappointed in Briggs and Stratton and Sears. My final stop is back to the salesman who sold it to me with all the promises about how great it was!!!
Disappointed in Texas.
Grand Junction, CO
I echo the other reviewers comments. The starter on this thing is a joke. Worked okay (not great) the first summer but now, 12 months later, we can't get it to start to save our lives. Replaced the spark plug, took the entire thing apart, and still can't get it to start. Save yourself the money and headache and buy a different mower.
Los Alamos, NM
Same exact story as another reviewer offered: Craftsman 190cc High Wheel Rear Bag Front Wheel Drive Mower. After research, this seemed to be the best fit for our needs. Really impressed with the starting on the first pull. The lighter weight was nice to handle in the yard, enjoyed the deck washout adapter, etc. Everything just seemed great--then one summer evening, about the 10-12th time I tried to use the mower, it decided it would not start, not on one pull or 20, I did not purchase an additional warranty, and I have not taken it to the Sears repair shop, but this WILL NOT buy another Craftsman mower. I AM shopping for another brand and it won't come from Sears.
Saint Paul, MN
When I got this out of the box and completed the light assembly (it was easy) I added the oil, put gas into the tank, and not seeing an on/off switch or motor speed control or cabled/manual choke, figured I'd have to pull it until it primed and ran. But ... on the first pull, she fired and ran perfectly. It is light and easy to push. Wheels look a bit flimsy, but the operation was great.
Falls Church, VA
Bought this as a returned/used item. The front wheel height adjustment was not working when I picked it up at SEARS for $154.00. This exact problem was described by others in the reviews. Took it home & took off the front portion of the deck. (five or seven? bolts). Removed the wheel assembly (two plastic tabs). Cut through the top of the inadequate metal nub which is supposed to fit into the notches to adjust the height - using a 3 inch cutting tool (could use a dremel also). I bent the nub/tab out, towards the notches on the deck with pliers and it now works like new. Spent 30 minutes and saved $100. If you see one that has been returned to Sears for this reason - pick it up and fix it yourself. Use your head & save some money. I don't like the plastic front wheel assembly, but this thing cuts way better than the 13 year old Craftsman it is replacing.
My husband actually made the purchase. He's used the lawn mower several times since the purchase and "Loves It" ! It does everything it's supposed to do, with ease!
- Qualifying Orders $59 SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- FREE BUCKET with any Lawn & Garden purchase over $49. 1 bucket per customer. Must pick up in store Offer ends 29-Jun-2013 See details.
- Online Only, Extra 5% off Mowers and Trimmers Sold by Sears. Valid thru 7/6. Offer ends 06-Jul-2013 See details.