Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||70|
|Lift & Jack Type:||Floor jacks|
|Maximum Height (in.):||18|
|Lift Capacity:||2-1/4 ton|
Ratings & Reviews
2-1/4 Ton Floor Jack Set is Lightweight Leverage With Lift
Get the Craftsman 2-1/4 ton floor jack with jack stands and you'll soon be patting yourself on the back. Perfect for medium and light duty garages, this set hoists up to 4,500 pounds and holds it stock-still, so from fast oil changes to swapping brake pads, tire rotation to coolant flushes, you can get your work done fast and safe. Featuring a lift range from 5-15 inches, everything from minivans, sedans and light trucks are quickly and easily serviced, while the stamped steel, flange reinforced bodies of both jack and stands deliver a stable base you can count on.
Light enough to keep in your truck, van or car; this 2-1/4 ton floor jack set is the perfect set for roadside service. The powerful jack cranks up fast and high, while the jack set slips in place fast, providing that extra level of stability you need for a worry-free job that's as safe as it is easy.
- This Craftsman 2-1/4 ton floor jack with jack stands is a solid addition to your tool kit for wrenching at home, or helping others out on the side of the road; the Craftsman Jack Set delivers strength, durability and a portable design you can trust. Go ahead and outfit your garage with movable muscle that delivers
- Kit includes a steel floor jack and two steel jack stands and manual
- Jack has a lifting capacity of 2-1/4 tons (4,500 lbs.) and a lifting range from 5' to 15' to handle a wide range of vehicles, while the included pair of jack stands combined support up to 2-1/4 tons so you can work with confidence
- Comes with a one-year warranty
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this for my husband just to have and he loves it its bot to small or too big and for the price its great plus I used my rewards when I bought it so it was $15 less!
This jack was purchased to replace another that finally failed. It is a basic hydraulic jack with stands. It is made in China, however seems fairly sturdy, and does the job well. I have used Craftsman tools for decades, and they have generally been dependable, but quality lately has been variable on some items.
Had one of these jacks for years. kept it in the truck tool box for emergencies. Apparently someone thought they needed it worse than I did. The new one didn't come in a carry case like the other one, but still the same great jack. Lifts my dodge Ram 4 x 4 just fine, front or back. The jack stands are a great bonus because I needed another set anyway.They are well made and heavy duty.
Laguna Woods, CA
This small jack lifted my Mustang Convertible high enough to insert a jack stand underneath. Had to strain a bit due to short handle and small lifting increments. The Jack came with two stands and the whole package was easy to lift and fitted into the small trunk of my car. I plan to store my auto for several months at a time and bought two additional floor stands to set all four wheels on and take the weight off. Haven't done this yet but I don't anticipate any problems. The whole package, floor jack and four jack stands. cost $65.00. Not bad at all.
Its a great set for the DIY the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the height it provides. I have been using it for a while and love it for oil changes and suspension work.
Arlington Heights, IL
I have purged it several times per manual. Will jack up a car but slowly drop it. Even with no load it drops with a few hours. Do not buy! Took 2 years to happen.Sears is saving money by manufacturing in China but slowly losing customers.The only thing made in the USA are the tools and guaranteed for life which I buy. Once that is made in China I am done with Sears. I had a sears jack that lasted 20 years or more but that is when it was made in good old USA.
Salt Lake City, UT
I purchased the whole jack set when it was on sale. I lifted a Ford Taurus off the ground and the pivot bolt bent. I took it back to Sears for a warranty replacement. My second jack had similar problem with the pivot bot but remained functional. I used my second jack once and after 1 year of storage, the jack couldn't hold any weight for more than 10 minutes before the arm dropped back down to the floor. The warranty expired in 1 year. I determined it really wasn't worth to send it back for repairing so I tossed the jack in the garage and went out to buy a heavy duty one from HF. Don't waste your money in this little jack, spend $20 more on a solid one somewhere else.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.