Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||10.3 lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Type:||D grip Ergonomic|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||5|
|Toolless Blade Change:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Ergonomic 2-in-1 Position Handle with Soft Grip and 2 Position Trigger Switch with Constant ON Button Innovative design converts the traditional D grip handle to the Barrel Grip position for enhanced performance. Both upper and lower handles have soft grip to reduce vibration and user fatigue. Extended trigger switch allows for one or two finger placement on the trigger. 6.0 AMP, 800-3000 SPM, Variable Speed Craftsman Motor Powerful 6.0 AMP, permanently sealed 100% ball bearing motor provides 800-3000 SPM. Variable speed dial allows for proper selection of the motor speed for the material being cut. Ample power to cut or plunge through soft and hard woods a like. 5 Position Orbital Blade Selection with 360 Blade Rotation. A flip of the switch allows for quick adjustment of the pitch to the blade, to control the amount of orbiting action, detents securely lock the selection in position. Choose from fast, medium, low or smooth for variety of wood or metal surfaces to cut. Select the scrolling mode to allow the blade to rotate from 0-360 or any angle in between. 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty.
- Electric Powered On Demand LaserTrac®Guide Line: Quick push of the button emits a thin Red laser guideline out from the tool on to the work surface.
- Cast Aluminum Shoe, Resin Shoe and Blade Support Roller and Dual Beveling: Robust design and over-sized cast aluminum shoe is light weight, yet strong. Plastic resin sole resists from scratching the work surface. Blade support roller keeps the blade straight, free from twisting and extends blade life. Dual beveling table tilts 0-45 to the left and right of the blade. The shoes over-sized work surface is 27% larger and provides increased stability over steel.
- Large 15/16-Inch Blade Stroke: Extended blade stroke enhances cutting capacity and allows more teeth per inch to pass through the material to provides a smoother, more refined finished cut.
- Die Cast Aluminum Lower Gear Box Housing with Machined Gear Box: Redesigned cast aluminum lower gear box housing is lightweight and powerful. Machined gear box provides efficient power transfer to the blade.
- Integrated Dust Blower with Vac Adapter: Select either the integrated vacuum or blower mode to quickly remove debris from the work surface.
- Quick Release Tool-Less Blade Change: Bayonet blade clamp allows for quick change of either U or T shank blades.
- On board Tool Storage: Alan key holder keeps the alan stored on the cord for quick blade support or table bevel adjustments.
- Includes: Hex Key, 1 1/4 VacAdapter and Storage Case
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I was in the market for a new jig saw, when I saw this one in sears blak friday add. I have had my eye on it for a bit and did not find any good non biased reviews. So here is my thoughts. Now keep in mind. These are my thoughts so it may or maynot work for you.
Ok so I took the saw home and took it out of the box. This guy is BIG! a really hefty jig saw, but keep in mind most of the time the user will not be supporting the weight of the saw the workpeiece will so its more or less irelevant. I powered the guy up and checked it out. very smooth a wide range of speeds from slow to ultra fast. The fast speed is almost scary.
The tool does have a kind of cheep feel to it. But hey find one small craftsman power tool these days that doesent. Buy the extended warantee and you will be just fine. I do like the removable handle and deffinately love the laser and light (the light is a huge pluss why havent other manufactures caught onto this idea yet?) The dust collection doesent seem to work so well but the dust blower definately clears out chips.
The bevel adjustment takes some getting used to. To adjust the bevel, remove the dust collector. and back out the alen bolt on the bottom of the shoe. Push the shoe forward and tilt it to a 45 left or right. Then slide it back into the detent. I have not yet found if there is a way to adjust it in angles other than 45 but Its a jig saw not a scroll saw or band saw. So if precision is that important to you then skip the jig saw.
It does have a very solid feel despite the cheep feeling of the tool casing, I deffinately think if your are in the market for a new jig saw that you should give this one a look.
One more thing, Other users have had a hard time with the push switch, Especialy while turning it off. Its not your typical switch guys. Dont try to force the front of the switch backwards. when you slide the switch forward you will notice the back end seems to kick out a little. This then becomes the off. When you are ready to stop the tool press down on the back end of the switch. This will cause the switch to release from the detent and then stop the tool.
Hope this review was helpfull. Good luck and keep this saw in mind
My jig saw was dying. Per my research this Craftsman jigsaw had more desired features than any other jigsaw in my price range of $60 to $80. Tool-less blade change; accepts T & U shank blades; LaserTrac light; LED worklight; 2-way sawdust removal; 5 position orbital action; 6 amp motor; variable speed range; 360 degree scroll action and D-handle and scroll handle. Still a couple of reviews criticized the blade clamp as having a short life. I handled this concern by waiting until the jigsaw went on sale; then buying the Sears "Purchase-Protect" 3 year replacement plan so that my total cost was still within my budget. Another review criticized blade performance but said Bosch blades were best. My test confirmed that. I first cut a 2X4 using an old 12 tooth blade with the control lever shifted to "Smooth" and the variable speed dial at 6. After only cutting 1" into the 2x4 with the laser continuously on my cut line the blade had floated to the left 1/16". Next was a Sears blade, the 6 tooth blade that came with the jigsaw. After 1" it had floated off the cut line to the left by 1/32". Next was a Bosch wood 6 tooth blade. After 1" it was right on my cut line. Next was a Bosch wood 10 tooth blade. It also stayed right on the cut line. I was impressed. A jigsaw is really not intended to be used to cut through 2x 4s. I believe this jigsaw will get the job done for me and I'll stick with Bosch blades.
Highland Park, NJ
This has to be the one of the Power Tool's I've purchased really like the 2 in 1 handle feature. The versatility of this saw is another great feature. I looked at alot of different Sabre Saw's before I purchased this one and the number one thing I wanted was the ability to Scroll and this saw is 1 of 3 I found would do that and the final decision was the price which for the money is well worth purchasing this saw.
Baton Rouge, LA
De Pere, WI
Biggest pile of **** I have ever bought from sears. Might be ok if you cut wood and don't mine if you can't cut a straight line, but on thin aluminum with a bosch aluminum blade no one in my shop could cut a straight line. Does NOT hold the blade securely, it walks all over the place. If you want a real jig saw buy a high end Bosch.
The jig saw works well enough, the light and laser are decent included features. However, I am having a tough time getting the blade to release. Invest in a good set of blades and the saw works well.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.