Specifications & Dimensions
|Bevel Capacity:||0-45 deg.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||10.3 lbs.|
|Included with Item:|
|Handle Type:||D grip Ergonomic|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||5|
|Toolless Blade Change:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Ergonomic 2-in-1 Position Handle with Soft Grip and 2 Position Trigger Switch with Constant ON Button Innovative design converts the traditional D grip handle to the Barrel Grip position for enhanced performance. Both upper and lower handles have soft grip to reduce vibration and user fatigue. Extended trigger switch allows for one or two finger placement on the trigger. 6.0 AMP, 800-3000 SPM, Variable Speed Craftsman Motor Powerful 6.0 AMP, permanently sealed 100% ball bearing motor provides 800-3000 SPM. Variable speed dial allows for proper selection of the motor speed for the material being cut. Ample power to cut or plunge through soft and hard woods a like. 5 Position Orbital Blade Selection with 360 Blade Rotation. A flip of the switch allows for quick adjustment of the pitch to the blade, to control the amount of orbiting action, detents securely lock the selection in position. Choose from fast, medium, low or smooth for variety of wood or metal surfaces to cut. Select the scrolling mode to allow the blade to rotate from 0-360 or any angle in between. 1 Year / 90 Day Warranty.
- Electric Powered On Demand LaserTrac®Guide Line: Quick push of the button emits a thin Red laser guideline out from the tool on to the work surface.
- Cast Aluminum Shoe, Resin Shoe and Blade Support Roller and Dual Beveling: Robust design and over-sized cast aluminum shoe is light weight, yet strong. Plastic resin sole resists from scratching the work surface. Blade support roller keeps the blade straight, free from twisting and extends blade life. Dual beveling table tilts 0-45 to the left and right of the blade. The shoes over-sized work surface is 27% larger and provides increased stability over steel.
- Large 15/16-Inch Blade Stroke: Extended blade stroke enhances cutting capacity and allows more teeth per inch to pass through the material to provides a smoother, more refined finished cut.
- Die Cast Aluminum Lower Gear Box Housing with Machined Gear Box: Redesigned cast aluminum lower gear box housing is lightweight and powerful. Machined gear box provides efficient power transfer to the blade.
- Integrated Dust Blower with Vac Adapter: Select either the integrated vacuum or blower mode to quickly remove debris from the work surface.
- Quick Release Tool-Less Blade Change: Bayonet blade clamp allows for quick change of either U or T shank blades.
- On board Tool Storage: Alan key holder keeps the alan stored on the cord for quick blade support or table bevel adjustments.
- Includes: Hex Key, 1 1/4 VacAdapter and Storage Case
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Barrel switch is VERY sticky, to the point it could be a safety factor!!!
Very poor instructions on how to move blade guide back for scrolling function. The light should
shine on the blade where it's cutting, not so far in front for scroll pattern cutting.
Jig saw gets a Four, As a Scroll saw Two and a half
De Pere, WI
Biggest pile of **** I have ever bought from sears. Might be ok if you cut wood and don't mine if you can't cut a straight line, but on thin aluminum with a bosch aluminum blade no one in my shop could cut a straight line. Does NOT hold the blade securely, it walks all over the place. If you want a real jig saw buy a high end Bosch.
The jig saw works well enough, the light and laser are decent included features. However, I am having a tough time getting the blade to release. Invest in a good set of blades and the saw works well.
Had to invest in some decent blades for this thing but it does get the job done. Have used on some 3/4 stock and some detail work with no real issues. 4/5 for the slightly awkward handle and use.
I bought this for my husband to replace an antique one he had. It is absolutely awesome. He has already created a bench for me. And he is making plans for more creations.
San Francisco, CA
Front Royal, VA
Forget about the blades in the case. My suggestion is don't even try to use them or you will get wrong impression for the tool. I have tried and was really disappointed, but decided to give it another try went to ********** and found a set of Bosch jigsaw blades. It was a completely different tool.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select Portable Power Specialty Tools! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 15-Mar-2014 See details.