Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||1" x 12" x 8.5"|
|Auto Tool Type:||Engine|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.4|
|Number of Pieces:||1|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Material:||High Alloy Steel|
|Included with Item:|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|User Guide Included:||No|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Craftsman Lifetime warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 2-jaw Large Gear Puller Delivers Strong Reversible Grip
Craftsman 2-jaw large gear puller gets jobs done quickly with the reversible grips that give the custom hold eliminating slip that could easily damage equipment. Put the end tip in or out and swap the two arms end-to-end to easily to remove gears, pull auto axles, replace damaged shaft bearings and more.
The heavy-duty 2-jaw large gear puller is smooth to use with its adjustable reach, completing jobs faster and with less damage than a hammer and pry-bar. It's a time and energy saver for repair work, whether at home or at the shop. A 12 inch width and 8.5 inch depth give you an expansive grip area, ensuring that from pulley to sprocket, you get the power you need to get the job done.
- Craftsman 2-jaw large gear puller features reversible grips of two identical arms
- Use the one-piece tool to remove gears, pull auto axles and more
- Swap the two arms end-to-end and put the tip end in or out, for the custom hold you desire
- Made of high alloy steel, strong and rust-resistant
- Overall dimensions: 1" x 12" x 8.5"
- Includes Craftsman Lifetime Warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this to help pull a front hub assembly on a 1998 Chevrolet blazer S10. It was overkill. I could have used a 4 inch . But, this 8 inch gear puller was outstanding! It pulled the hub assembly apart with ease! I have now added another 2 jaw gear puller to my list to put inside my professional tools!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Pompton Plains, NJ
Item is made in the USA and is very sturdy. The one side has very shallow hooks which are very useful on bearings or hubs that dont have a lot of clearance between them
I used this gear puller for more than what it is. As I was changing out the front end of a ford explorer I had to take the torsion bars out. to get them back in and in the right place I had to twist the bars so I used the gear puller to do the work for me. Worked great.
This product appears to be of excellent quality. However, the devil is in the details. First off, the description is misleading, or at least inadequate. Although it specifies a 12" width, the thickness of the gear or pulley is a significant factor, and this puller cannot quite grab an 8" gear that is 3" thick. Also, there are no detailed instructions and the downloadable user guide is not much help. Although I consider myself a competent mechanic, I could use a little more info. Even though it's guaranteed for life, I would like to know exactly how much torque I can safely apply without exceeding the 7-ton rating. Finally, like another reviewer, I discovered one of the connecting links missing due to inadequate packaging when I picked it up at a store. Fortunately. they had a second (complete) one in stock. Once I had all the parts, I had no problems with the need for assembly, since you have to reassemble it for the specific application each time you use it anyway. However, if they shipped it assembled, they would not lose parts.
Mount Laurel, NJ
I had a stuck axle and wheel hub that I hammered on for an hour with out moving a mm, bought this, put it on and a couple zips with an impact wrench and it was off. Just be sure to check and make sure all the links are there,the packaging allows a gap for them to slip out.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.