Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.25|
|Capacity:||4 in.; 6-3/8 in.|
|Strap or Chain Width (in.):||16|
|Handle Material:||cushioned plastic handle|
|Quantity in Set:||2|
|Strap or Chain Material:||Strong reinforced rubber strap|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman 2-piece Strap Wrench Set Is a Must-Have Tool at Home and at Work
The Craftsman 2-piece strap wrench set is a must-have tool set that no home owner, do-it-yourselfer, or professional should be without. These handy strap wrenches are ideal for taking off an oil filter, installing a hard-to-reach drain pipe, or just opening and closing bottles and jars. The applications are endless.
The 2-piece strap wrench set includes one large- and one small-handled 16-inch strap wrench. The large-handled wrench manages items up to 6 3/8 inches in diameter. The small-handled wrench manages items up to 4 inches in diameter. Made of cushioned plastic, the handles are comfortable to hold. The straps are made of strong, reinforced rubber that grips most anything and will not break. Just slip the strap around the item, tighten it until it grips securely, and turn. Friction keeps it from slipping. The set is lightweight: just 1.25 pounds.
- The Craftsman 2-piece strap wrench set won't loosen and will not break
- Endless applications for jobs at home or at work
- Set includes two 16-inch strap wrenches
- The large wrench manages items up to 6 3/8 inches in diameter
- The small wrench manages items up to 4 inches in diameter
- Straps are made of strong, reinforced rubber
- Cushioned plastic handles are comfortable to hold
- Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Lifetime warranty
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These are not the same quality I expect with the Craftsman label but they work okay. I added these to my tool set in my workshop and they fit well in one of the drawers in my tool chest. The small one is used when I change the oil on small engines with spin-on oil filters. I haven't tried using it on an 18 HP Onan. These old garden tractor engines have a blower housing that covers most of the oil filter body. It might work but I question if the strap might get cut on the blower housing.
My husband and I purchased these for some small jobs around the house and they work well. The different sizes are handy depending on the job at hand.
Bowling Green, KY
Good tool for home owner. Will do the job for plumbing or jars in the kitchen, both big and small. I don't know if it would hold up in an industrial application due to the plastic, but for at home it's just find. The rubber strap is good and thick and seams like to won't snap like the cheap dollar store item I had before this one. Recommended for at home use.
I've owned these wrenches for 15+ years. I use the large (red) one weekly to remove a pool filter (similar size to an oil filter) and it does the job excellently. Good grip - no marring. I've not used the small (blue) one very often, but the strap on that one does have a tendency fall out before you can tighten the wrench on whatever you're trying to grip. Some minor engineering should be done to secure the straps better, I ended up squirting a bit of silicone caulk in the housing and that seems to keep the straps in place. Of course this would not work if you had an application where you needed to thread the strap independently of the handle - but I've not found such a situation.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.