Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||5.0 lbs.|
Ratings & Reviews
Sand, Cut, Buff and Do Much More With the 2-Amp Multi-tool From Craftsman
With a powerful 2.0 Amp motor and a compact frame, theCraftsman 1-Amp Compact Multi-Tool is the perfect tool for heavy duty jobs and adding finishing touches. This tool is very easy to use with its ergonomically designed frame that makes it lightweight and eases fatigue with a soft grip handle. Another user-friendly feature is the LED work light that aids your work in low-visibility areas. Keep the work area clean and free of debris with the vacuum attachment.
The2 Amp Multi-Tool motor is paired with the variable speeds of 11,000-19,000 oscillations per minute. This wide range allows you to adjust speeds for cutting through different materials like wood and drywall. The speed dial is located conventionally on the back to change speeds as you work. Choose this compact powerhouse to complete a variety of cutting, sanding and buffing jobs with one tool.
- The Craftsman 2-Amp Compact Multi-Tool is a versatile item for professional and household jobs.
- Ergonomic design keeps tool compact and lightweight.
- Includes Multi-Tool, 1 Sanding Base Plate, 1 Straight Edge Cutting Blade, 1 Circular Cutting Blade, 1 Circular Grout Disc, 1 Triangular Grout Disc, 1 Scraping Blade, 3 sheets of 60, 20 and 180 Grit Sandpaper, Hex Wrench, VacAdapter, and Storage Case for a wide range of applications.
- The unique oscillating arbor system swings the tool attachment at a 1.4 angle and a radius of 2.8 of oscillation for precision.
- Motor Type: 2.0 AMP AC/DC Motor.
- 1 year limited warranty from Craftsman.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We are building a new deck and we needed to cut back some of the vinyl siding. If you've ever had to cust siding you know how tough that stuff is! We tried a hack saw and a reciprocating saw but none worked like I thought it should so I went to Sears to see what I could find and this was it.
Like a hot knife through soft butter this thing went through the siding! We had our cuts done in no time and were back on track! While this is just one use for this tool I'm sure we will come up with a lot more in the near future!
I bought this to be able to clean up excess concrete on the porch stoop of the house I purchased. It had excess that ran down from the top moulding of it. It worked great to do this! I went through 2 blades, but it worked as expected. What else can i get into with this now? :)
Worked great for 13 months, then the motor went out. Contact brushes in the motor basically exploded. 12 month warranty & replacement motor is $40 plus shipping for a $65 tool!! I am not at all happy with Craftsman. Will definitely be looking at other tools before Craftsman next time
Junk, Had receipt for the first one and it was replaced. No receipt for the second as none was issued due to returning the 1st one. Seems as though the Craftsman name is all over it and so many of these broke. They would replace with no problem, but no deal. Again "Junk"
Bought during a Sears liquidation. Great tool, for a little while. Used probably a total of less that 3-4 hours all together over a course of 8 months or so. Power lights still work, but motor is DEAD. Since Sears out of business in my area now, and I don't have the receipt. it's a lesson learned. When looking for the model number to research troubleshootinng, I noticed "Made In China" on it. I guess Craftsman isn't the quality it used to be. In reading other peoples reviews, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue. Will replace with Ryobi or Dremel.
After less than six months of very light use it died. Took it back to Sears Hardware for a no-hassle warranty replacement. And the replacement died today, just 14 months later. Apparently "warranty" means "expiration date". Sears tool quality declined many years ago when everything they sell started being made in China. I used to be a diehard (pun intended) Craftsman fan, and now I find myself looking elsewhere when I think of quality tools. I rarely write reviews. But when the quality of something is so low (or high) I feel obligated to let others know. And you are fool if you buy this product.
I have several tools that brand and have no complaints, all tools are of great quality for the appropriate service.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Tools Online Only Deals! While Supplies Last. Items Sold by Sears Offer ends 21-Dec-2013 See details.