Specifications & Dimensions
|Blade Length (in.):||62|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||11-1/2" x 11-1/2"|
|Adjustable Height of Cut:||3.5|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||44|
|Lock On Switch:||No|
|Maximum Blade Width (in.):||.375|
|Maximum Width of Cut (in.):||8.75|
|Minimum Blade Width (in.):||.125|
|Number of Speeds:||1|
|Number of Wheels:||2|
|Package Contents:||Bandsaw w/ blade installed. Table, Upper Table Trunnion Assembly, Bag of Loose Parts, Miter Gauge, Bi Lingual Manual|
|Quick Release Blade:||No|
|Resaw Capacity (in.):||3.5|
|Saw Type:||Bench Top Band Saw|
|Circuit Amp Rating:||15 amps|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Blade Size (in.):||62|
|Blade Speed (SFPM):||2460|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Table Height From Floor (in.):||12.625|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Table Tilt (Right and Left):||Left 0-45 deg.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 9" Band Saw Has 3 5/8" Height Adjustment
The Craftsman 2.5 amp 9" band saw makes easy work out of complex cuts with a roomy 9" throat. Easily adjust the height up to 3 5/8" for the perfect cut to your chosen piece of soft or hard wood. A powerful 1/4 HP 2.5 amp motor works consistently at 2460 RPM, so you get the job done quickly. For professional or DIY projects, this band saw is the way to go.
The gray Craftsman 9" band saw is built to give you a spacious feel as you work. It has a square work table that can tilt up to 45 degrees. The rack and pinion table is controlled and sturdy. Change blades quickly with a quick release after you cut precisely using the bearing blade guides and sliding miter guide. Getting traction is never an issue with the built-in tire cleaning brush, and you can see your work clearly at all times with the upper blade tracking window. Blades that are 1/8" to 3/8" wide by 62" diameter fit the new benchtop saw. Assembly is required and a 1-year general warranty is included.
- Craftsman 2.5 amp 9" band saw has a 3 5/8" height adjustment to cut through soft or hard wood cleanly and easily
- Wide 9" throat, built-in tire cleaning brush and upper blade tracking window
- Powerful 1/4 HP 2.5 Amp motor, with 2460 RPM rate
- Features square table that tilts 45 degrees, with rack and pinion control
- Change blades fast with quick release design
- Bearing blade guides and sliding miter guide
- Fits blades 1/8"-3/8" wide by 62" diameter
- Gray saw is benchtop style with single speed and vertical blade action
- Assembly required
- 1-Year general warranty protection
Added on May 30, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
bought as a present for my son - size is nice fits on a tabletop. Able to do small to med projects. Perfect for what he uses it for (making model airplane parts)
Mount Vernon, OH
I purchased this for my husband to make adirondack chaired and he said it has worked great. It cuts great and he can't wait to keep using it to make more and more things.
For the average woodworker, this is a great saw. It doesn't take up much space, and comes nearly assembled (just have to put on the table), including the blade already installed. I pulled it out of the box, put the table top on, and began using.
I have has this saw for 4 months. I have had no problems. My blade has not broke. Take your time cutting and you wont break blades, I have cut 4x4 2x4 and more. I have had no problems. let the machine do the work don't force it to fast. Motor is 1/4 hp. It has never stop or slowed down during a cut. If you bend a blade .im sure it would break but wouldn't all of them. Its a small machine for doing small work. if you want to force it then buy a table saw. Good saw
Nice small workshop saw. Cuts nice with the blade that comes with it. Needs to be bolted down or it will wall away from you light weight. So not really portable. Very quit operation.
I have had my band saw for about a month and have had no problems. I've used it to cut almost 400 feet of mostly hard wood. It could use more power, but with the correct blades for the job and it will do just fine.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.