Specifications & Dimensions
|Blade Length (in.):||62|
|Table Dimensions (LxW):||11-1/2" x 11-1/2"|
|Adjustable Height of Cut:||3.5|
|ENERGY STAR Compliant:||No|
|General Warranty:||1 Year|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||44|
|Lock On Switch:||No|
|Maximum Blade Width (in.):||.375|
|Maximum Width of Cut (in.):||8.75|
|Minimum Blade Width (in.):||.125|
|Number of Speeds:||1|
|Number of Wheels:||2|
|Package Contents:||Bandsaw w/ blade installed. Table, Upper Table Trunnion Assembly, Bag of Loose Parts, Miter Gauge, Bi Lingual Manual|
|Quick Release Blade:||No|
|Resaw Capacity (in.):||3.5|
|Saw Type:||Bench Top Band Saw|
|Circuit Amp Rating:||15 amps|
|Cord Length (ft.):||6|
|Cord Management:||Manual Wrap|
|Cord Type:||18 gauge|
|Blade Size (in.):||62|
|Blade Speed (SFPM):||2460|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|Table Height From Floor (in.):||12.625|
|Table Material:||Die cast aluminum|
|Table Tilt (Right and Left):||Left 0-45 deg.|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 9" Band Saw Has 3 5/8" Height Adjustment
The Craftsman 2.5 amp 9" band saw makes easy work out of complex cuts with a roomy 9" throat. Easily adjust the height up to 3 5/8" for the perfect cut to your chosen piece of soft or hard wood. A powerful 1/4 HP 2.5 amp motor works consistently at 2460 RPM, so you get the job done quickly. For professional or DIY projects, this band saw is the way to go.
The gray Craftsman 9" band saw is built to give you a spacious feel as you work. It has a square work table that can tilt up to 45 degrees. The rack and pinion table is controlled and sturdy. Change blades quickly with a quick release after you cut precisely using the bearing blade guides and sliding miter guide. Getting traction is never an issue with the built-in tire cleaning brush, and you can see your work clearly at all times with the upper blade tracking window. Blades that are 1/8" to 3/8" wide by 62" diameter fit the new benchtop saw. Assembly is required and a 1-year general warranty is included.
- Craftsman 2.5 amp 9" band saw has a 3 5/8" height adjustment to cut through soft or hard wood cleanly and easily
- Wide 9" throat, built-in tire cleaning brush and upper blade tracking window
- Powerful 1/4 HP 2.5 Amp motor, with 2460 RPM rate
- Features square table that tilts 45 degrees, with rack and pinion control
- Change blades fast with quick release design
- Bearing blade guides and sliding miter guide
- Fits blades 1/8"-3/8" wide by 62" diameter
- Gray saw is benchtop style with single speed and vertical blade action
- Assembly required
- 1-Year general warranty protection
Added on May 30, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this saw to add to my hobby shop. I found it extremely easy to set up although the instructions were a little misleading. I have found the saw to be very easy to use, and other than arriving with a more coarse blade than I prefer to use, it has served its purpose well with me.
Used it for one night of cutting wood for my wife's projects and the next day when I turned it on the motor was exhibiting a bad knocking sound. I ended up returning it the next day after showing the Sears employee a video recording of it. While it was cutting it was effective overall, however when I took it back I traded up for the 10" Band Saw (21400) which frankly is a far better saw that allows me to make much tighter more precise cuts than this one is capable of doing. This one has pins that keep the blade stable on the left and right side and rollers in the back. It works but in the process of cutting you'll see occasional sparking as the blade makes contact w/the guide pins. Overall I would say this is what it is.. a cheap but effective bandsaw but there are much better ones on the market. Consider the 10" one instead.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
bought as a present for my son - size is nice fits on a tabletop. Able to do small to med projects. Perfect for what he uses it for (making model airplane parts)
Mount Vernon, OH
I purchased this for my husband to make adirondack chaired and he said it has worked great. It cuts great and he can't wait to keep using it to make more and more things.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.