Craftsman 20 Gallon Portable Vertical Air Compressor with Hose and 9PC Accessory KitItem# 00916642000 | Model# 16642
Specifications & Dimensions
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Operating Noise Level (dB.):||82|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||150|
|SCFM Delivery At 40 psi:||5.1|
|SCFM Delivery At 90 psi:||3.8|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||20|
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||90|
Ratings & Reviews
An Air Compressor with Hose Combo that Gets the Job Done
Perfect for medium duty applications like spot blasting, light spraying and for powering an army of air tools, this 20 gallon air compressor swaps between dozens of household and jobsite needs quickly and easily. Whether you’re tacking on trim with a finishing nailer, chewing up metal with pneumatic snips or busting loose tough rusty bolts with an impact wrench, this compressor delivers the punch you need for countless jobs.
Lighter than larger machines, this 20 gallon is easy to toss into a truck when duty calls. Coated with a rust resistant layer of paint and fitted with OSHA approved hardware, it’s the perfect install for the jobsite. A solid machine with a high capacity and quick recharge rate, this Air Compressor with Hose combo is powered by a 1-1/2 horsepower motor that compresses whole cubic feet of air in less than a second. Powerful, portable and built Craftsman tough, so you’re confident of its reliability, this machine makes a solid addition to your home, jobsite and anywhere else you need some pneumatic muscle. Wheel it up, plug it in, and get to work with air power you can count on.
- Full kit includes: 25 Ft. PVC air hose, blow gun, blow gun adapter, OSHA safety nozzle, 1/4 in. male plug, 1/4 in. female quick connect, 1.4 in. female plug, inflation needle, 6 in. dual tire chuck, thread tape
- The 20 gallon air compressor is perfect for medium duty projects around the home and in the garage
- Powerful 1-1/2 HP running engine cranks out pressurized air
- Convenient 120 volt power plugs into any standard outlet
- Heavy duty, maintenance free, oil-free motor and pump stay working for years without wasting a bit of your time
- Control panel includes 2 quick connect couplers that allows 2 tools to work off the compressor at the same time
- Integrated control panel delivers clear access and accurate adjustment when you need it
- Large 7 in. wheels deliver jobsite portability, rolling over debris fast
- ASME certified 20 gallon tank is designed for strength and durability
- Dimensions: 20-1/3" W x 43-3/4" H x 20" L
Added on May 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Purchased new! Got it home and began using it with few issues. Unit was extremely loud. Much louder than my other compressor which is much larger! Front feet were not level cousing the unit to wobble, (bent) The big problem didn't present it's self until using the compressor a couple of times. I began to notice black pieces of plastic all over the garage after use of the compressor. Investigation revealed that the fan had been apparantly installed inproperly and was contacting the shroud which was making the mess. The fan had been installed using th wrong hole of two that were available. It allowed the fan to contact the outer shroud which quickly destroyed the shroud and didn't do the fan any good either! I am now trying to find replacement parts for the thing so I can salvage the compressor! Sears does not recognize and model or parts numbers which are on the product. Frustrating!!!!
Nothing but problems. Purchased this compressor in 2011, died on second use. Figured it was a dud, exchanged it in for a new one. This one lasted a few months before having issues. Two years now of taking it back and forth to repair, still overheats and shuts down regularly. Now the insides have melted and hoses are beyond repair.
East Stroudsburg, PA
great buy must have and real easy to use.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product. The reviewer indicated they received a sample of this product.
Too bad most of the negative reviews were written after I bought this, otherwise I might not have bought mine. After two years of ownership and maybe 15-20 light duty uses, it no longer works. It still looks brand new because I keep all my tools in immaculate condition and dust free- so I don't understand why this broke in such a short period of time. Read reviews of all the affordable, non-"professional" air compressors from Sears- they are all terrible! you shouldn't have to spend a thousand dollars just to get a product that doesn't break.
I was able to pick this up on sale and i have had it work very well for me. I read all the reviews on here and I have to admit at first I was afraid to buy it because of all the bad reviews. But it turns out I got one heck of a deal with a good warranty to back it up because the item is discontinued. Looking at this compressor you might think that 3.8scfm is not alot (which I did at first) but I have come to find out that this compressor can handle all my tools when I am working on my jeep. It also is able to break nuts/ bolts lose on my jeep that I wouldn't have thought it could with a 3.8 scfm rating- which really surprised me. The compressor started up fine with no issues at all. The time that it took to fill the tank was very fast and had to recharge very few times while I would use it. It also has worked very well in the cold because my garage is not heated. Overall good working compressor with a great name to back it up.
Fort Wainwright, AK
Hood River, OR
i but this compressor in black friday not a good buy it leaks and it takes a long time to fill up it is 12-9-12 took it out of the box 5 day ago it wood go on in the night or ever 5 hours without the hose hook up to it..... taking it back tomorro
It appears, although I have not had this item long that it is well constructed, looks good, and appears to function well. I have not used it extensively but I am hopeful.. I will mention that this, like any other compressor needs to be prepped so the seals with hold..... I recommend strongly that you do this!!!!
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 15% off select tools Sold by Sears. Valid thru 12/5 1159pm CT Offer ends 05-Dec-2013 See details.