Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||1665|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||4.5|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Keep Your Tools Secure in This 20-Inch Hand Tool Box
The Craftsman 20-inch hand tool box is the most convenient way to keep your tools safe and easy to find when you need them. The comfort grip handle makes your equipment easy to carry, and the removable tote tray puts your most commonly used tools right on top, where you can grab them fast. All the hand tools you need for the job fit neatly in this strong, large-capacity carrier built with well-known Craftsman quality.
The 20-inch hand tool box has a sturdy lightweight construction of a rugged molded plastic that will not scratch surfaces, wherever you put it down. The two reliable eyebolt latches close the box tightly, and the padlock eye works with your own lock to keep your expensive tools secure. This tough, well-made black and red tool case lets you get right to work with the tools in good shape and close at hand.
- Craftsman 20-inch hand tool box for convenient and secure tool storage
- 1,665 cubic inch tool capacity
- Durable, long-lasting plastic shell won't scratch surfaces
- Removable tote tray puts your most used tools where you can see them
- Heavy duty luggage-style draw bolt eye latches close securely
- Padlock eye to fit your own keyed or combination lock (sold separately)
- Comfort-grip top handle for portability
- Dimensions: 20" W x 9 1/4" D x 9" H
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- Fully assembled
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Normally I am not a big fan of plastic toolboxes. Let's just say that I have had more that my share of dissappointments from them. I wanted a box to store some tools in for my 5th Wheel RV. Weight is always a consideration when you are packing an RV for a trip, and my old Dodge is a lot like me (getting old).
The biggest problems I have encountered in the past with plastic toolboxes are:
1. The lid always seems to warp under the weight of the tools making it difficult to close the box.
2. The handles don't last.
3. The latches are flimsey allowing unintended openings.
The price on this unit captured my attention though. At $12.99 I thought I could afford to give it a try.
Wow, was I surprized! The molded box has a very heavy-weight tub and lid which so far haven't deformed under the weight of my travel tool kit. The latches are much stronger than normal too.
If you are in the market for an inexpensive toolbox, I don't think you'll be dissappointed with this Craftsman.
I bought 2 of these toolboxes on sale, to replace a couple others that were not as long. The length is great as it easily holds my longer tools like framing hammer. The plastic is good because its thick enough not to flex, and of course won't rust like 2 of my metal tool boxes did on the bottom, saves you leaving rust marks all over. Next time I see them on sale, I'll buy more for my other tools.
I bought one of these for each of my three sons. I then added some Craftsman tools and am planning on giving them as Christmas gifts to them. The tool boxes are very sturdy and roomy.
this box is well built & if left out & was to get rain on it the handle does not leak BECAUSE the hole for the handle does not go all the way though to the inside the lip of the top over laps the box a levy good value!
Some days, you don't need that one particular tool. Other days, you need the tool that you NEVER use. How do you keep them organized? These boxes are great for everything. I use several, one for each specific job--auto, woodworking, plumbing, etc. The boxes stack and allow me quick access to the tools I need for the job at hand. And if my stack falls over? Not a problem! These boxes handle it all!
Porter Ranch, CA
Picked this up for $6 and all I can say is one cannot find a better quality toolbox for price. Of course the tool box is plastic but seems to have quality clasps. So far it has worked well and I look forward to using it more often.
When you need a great gift for a male family member a Craftsman tool box is the answer. You know with this name you are getting good quality and great prices. Thanks Craftsman for your continued product quality.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.