Craftsman 208CC* Dual Rotating Rear Tine TillerOnline only | Item# 07129932000 | Model# 29932
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.58|
|Maximum Till Depth (in.):||7.5|
|Maximum Till Width (in.):||18|
|Tine Height (in.):||13|
|Wheel Diameter (In.):||16|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||262|
|Number of Tilling Blades:||4|
|Tine Rotation:||Dual Rotating Tines|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Coverage Area (Sq. Ft.):||1000|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||1|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Tiller Type:||Rear Tine|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Tear Up Some New Ground with the Craftsman Rear Tine Tiller
Every avid gardener's dream tool, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller is designed to make light work out of heavy labor. Whether you're breaking ground for new garden plots, planting trees or shrubs, power composting, or plowing furrows for plants, this tiller will give you the muscle and strategy to get the job done. Its rear-tine design makes tilling jobs more efficient, while the four self-sharpening 13 inch tines are crafted from heat-treated steel for superior strength. Combine that strength with their counter rotation and you have enough power to pulverize uncultivated soil, sod, compacted soil and even clay along with small roots that still maybe underground. You might even say tackling hard ground will now seem like a bed of roses.
The easy-to-use Craftsman rear tine tiller is equipped with a powerful 208cc OHV engine that runs cooler and more efficiently while designed to last longer. The foam grip adjustable handles make tilling or transporting more comfortable by allowing you to choose the most suitable height and maintaining the right tilling depth. Its chain-drive transmission ensures flexible maneuverability in varied conditions by letting you easily move forward and in reverse and helps provide the ground-piercing power you absolutely need. Ideal for larger areas, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller will have you effectively covering more ground in less time with its 18 inch tilling width. The 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires on the front provide greater traction and optimal balance letting you navigate in both cultivated and muddy soil. The steel serrated trail shields protect your feet and vegetation reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the tines' rotating action.
- With cutting-edge features and a smart design, the Craftsman 208cc Dual Rotating Rear Tine Tiller puts performance, control and ease of use in your hands
- 208cc* OHV Craftsman® engine is designed for reliability and performance; OHV runs cooler and assures years of reliable performance
- Heavy duty chain drive transmission offers forward and reverse operation. The powerful, long lasting design drives tines in forward mode and makes transport effortless in reverse mode
- 18 in. tilling width saves time and is ideal for tilling larger areas
- Four 13 in. heat treated steel, dual rotating tines; great for cultivating as well as for breaking hard ground
- Dual rotating, rear tine design is easy to operate for small or large jobs; wheels pull the tiller forward against the dual rotating tines, providing the power to break up heavy uncultivated soil
- Adjustable padded loop and bail handle with foam grips provide comfort and control while tilling or transporting
- Steel serrated rear tine shield and adjustable side tine shields cover tines, protecting feet, vegetation, and reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the rotating action
- Heavy-duty front counter weight increases weight on the wheels, improve balance, and enhance tilling
- Spring-loaded adjustable depth stake controls a range of tilling depths with ease
- 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires with free-wheel and locked-wheel positions create greater traction in cultivated and muddy soil, and provide easy transport
- 2-year warranty protects your investment
Added on January 28, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My wife and I bought this last spring (2011) to put in grapes and get ready to garden in our new home. We had a much smaller version of this but felt we would "upgrade" as we were greatly enlarging our garden. We read and followed the instructions, filled with oil supplied in the carton and off we went.
Initially, we were thrilled and it worked as advertised. After tilling a strip as wide as the tiller tines 96 feet long, we were done in about an hour and a half and put it away in anticipation of preparing our garlic and saffron beds this fall. When we got it our of our garage to till the beds, it started on the third pull, spewing and burning large quantities of oil and would only run for about 10 seconds before it would stop. We are very disapointed and sorry we bought this item. The earliest service appointment available was 10/31, which meant now I would have to dig in and prepare a virgin area for planting by hand. Since I used this for about an hour and a half and put it away, the warranty period for return has passed, which is really infuriating as it has not been used much at all. Lessons learned on my last several "Craftsman" or Kenmore purchases are that this is not the company it used to be, as all of our purchases in the last year or so have been returned for refund, replaced, or service was required right off the bat. I recently cancelled my Sears card due to the interest escalation they felt needed to be at 25%
I will be updating this review and placing a You tube video up dependent on the response I get from service. I will not be shopping at Sears any longer.
El Reno, OK
Las Cruces, NM
This is a very large, heavy duty tiller. We used it right after we got it home and it was wonderful. I would recommend getting this tiller. This is our 3rd tiller in the last 20 years. These are some of the best tillers you can buy.
Had to return first one before even used due to oil leaking from the seal between the tines. Second one used right away and tilled up lawn into garden use real easy and quick. Then the next day see oil on the floor to then see oil coming from where the axles protrude from the body. Will keep and eye on this and see what comes of this. Other than RTV gasket seals this tiller works great.
Eau Claire, WI
it started on it's first pull, ran it for about 45 min and let it cool down and it started on the first pull again. the gear box was a little tight on the shifter but was able to shift fine after using it a bit. but all in all I like it... and as long as I don't have trouble with the shifter this will be a good machine.. I would have liked to see some extra pins for the tines... why did you not ship an extra pair???
Eau Claire, WI
She does the job just fine and I like the look of it too. This has the largest tires I have seen on a tiller and that gives it great traction. After using this tiller just one time I will never use a front tine tiller again, rear tine is the way to go. Shifting takes a little getting used to when new like other have said but that is only due to it not being broke in yet.
West Union, OH
The power and tilling ability is exceptional. Just be careful in forward tine and forward drive you are likely to end up over in the next field. The rear tine tiller is powerful enough to break the clay ground. the craftsman model is better than the club cadet. The only difference in the two is the color of the paint and of course the price.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 04-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.