Craftsman 208CC* Dual Rotating Rear Tine TillerOnline only | Item# 07129932000 | Model# 29932
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.58|
|Maximum Till Depth (in.):||7.5|
|Maximum Till Width (in.):||18|
|Tine Height (in.):||13|
|Wheel Diameter (In.):||16|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||262|
|Number of Tilling Blades:||4|
|Tine Rotation:||Dual Rotating Tines|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Coverage Area (Sq. Ft.):||1000|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||1|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Tiller Type:||Rear Tine|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Tear Up Some New Ground with the Craftsman Rear Tine Tiller
Every avid gardener's dream tool, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller is designed to make light work out of heavy labor. Whether you're breaking ground for new garden plots, planting trees or shrubs, power composting, or plowing furrows for plants, this tiller will give you the muscle and strategy to get the job done. Its rear-tine design makes tilling jobs more efficient, while the four self-sharpening 13 inch tines are crafted from heat-treated steel for superior strength. Combine that strength with their counter rotation and you have enough power to pulverize uncultivated soil, sod, compacted soil and even clay along with small roots that still maybe underground. You might even say tackling hard ground will now seem like a bed of roses.
The easy-to-use Craftsman rear tine tiller is equipped with a powerful 208cc OHV engine that runs cooler and more efficiently while designed to last longer. The foam grip adjustable handles make tilling or transporting more comfortable by allowing you to choose the most suitable height and maintaining the right tilling depth. Its chain-drive transmission ensures flexible maneuverability in varied conditions by letting you easily move forward and in reverse and helps provide the ground-piercing power you absolutely need. Ideal for larger areas, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller will have you effectively covering more ground in less time with its 18 inch tilling width. The 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires on the front provide greater traction and optimal balance letting you navigate in both cultivated and muddy soil. The steel serrated trail shields protect your feet and vegetation reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the tines' rotating action.
- With cutting-edge features and a smart design, the Craftsman 208cc Dual Rotating Rear Tine Tiller puts performance, control and ease of use in your hands
- 208cc* OHV Craftsman® engine is designed for reliability and performance; OHV runs cooler and assures years of reliable performance
- Heavy duty chain drive transmission offers forward and reverse operation. The powerful, long lasting design drives tines in forward mode and makes transport effortless in reverse mode
- 18 in. tilling width saves time and is ideal for tilling larger areas
- Four 13 in. heat treated steel, dual rotating tines; great for cultivating as well as for breaking hard ground
- Dual rotating, rear tine design is easy to operate for small or large jobs; wheels pull the tiller forward against the dual rotating tines, providing the power to break up heavy uncultivated soil
- Adjustable padded loop and bail handle with foam grips provide comfort and control while tilling or transporting
- Steel serrated rear tine shield and adjustable side tine shields cover tines, protecting feet, vegetation, and reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the rotating action
- Heavy-duty front counter weight increases weight on the wheels, improve balance, and enhance tilling
- Spring-loaded adjustable depth stake controls a range of tilling depths with ease
- 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires with free-wheel and locked-wheel positions create greater traction in cultivated and muddy soil, and provide easy transport
- 2-year warranty protects your investment
Added on January 28, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
AFTER BUYING THIS TILLER AND EXPERIENCING A FEW WEEKS OF RAIN I WAS ABLE TO FINALLY USE IT. SHIFTING IS HORRIBLE, SO MUCH THAT YOU PRATICALLY HAVE TO JERK THE LEVER TO CHANGE SELECTIONS. I USED IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND WENT TO CHANGE THE OIL. FOR THE LIFE OF ME AND AN AUTO MECHANIC WE COULD NOT REMOVE THE OIL DRAIN PLUG. I ALSO ABOUT THIS TIME HAVE THE PULL CORD HANGING ABOUT 6" OUT OF THE SPOOLER. IT WILL NOT WIND IN COMPLETLEY.
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT BUY THISD MACHINE. I HAVE HAD IT OVER THE ONE MONTH WARRANTY RETURN PERIOD AND AM NOW STUCK WITH IT. I ALSO RETURNED A MOWER THAT I JUST PURCHASED FROM SEARS BECAUSE OF THIS.
Reasonably easy to assemble. Started easily. I like the balance of the machine for ease of handling when turning around.
We have a rather large vegetable garden and the tiller we had just wasn't cutting it. Had this bad boy delivered this afternoon and by dinner time we had the entire plot tilled the way we wanted it. We are fortunate to have nice rich dark soil that anything we plant will grow in and this machine made short work of it. As other folks before me have already said, before starting out read the manual and then read it again. Doing so will make for stress free tilling.
Hard to start, too fast with forward tines no matter what the depth, too slow in reverse. Does a nice job when it's working but it's like holding back a bull. Impossible to start every spring even though I follow prescribed winter storage. Finally this spring the tines stopped turning with the slightest resistance from soil and the engine struggled. Tried to check the belt, but belt cover nuts are cheap and frozen. After four years, putting this into the junk heap and will look for another brand. I have lots of equipment and nothing has given me as much touble as this tiller.
North Bend, OR
I just bought this tiller hoping it was as tough as our old 70's troybuilt model and it has exceeded expectations, its smooth, heavy and gets the job done with ease. I weed wacked down as low as possible and then ripped through about 5 inches of tough sod using the rear spin tine and the tiller pretty much did it on its own while I walked beside it holding the bars gently with one hand. Some complain about shifting on this tiller but if you have the drive bar released "as said in owners manual" mine seems to shift fine. If it does not want engage just push it forward or backwards a little and it seems to shift fine. All in all this thing kicks A$$, very happy with it. Also running ethanol free fuel
I have had this rototiller now for over 20 years and it still works fine. You can't beat it, it is a great piece of equipment
purchased on 4-19-2015. on order 813441115. Used about 10 minutes. store put together. I picked up. I paid someone to go get it..
love love this tiller. my brother borrowed my tiller and liked it so much he bought it from me. that is why I am getting another does the work and is great for any job you have!!
I am putting a vegetable garden in my backyard for the first time. It is compacted grass area with some Georgia clay. This tiller churns it up with ease. Will haul in some rich topsoil/compost and till again. Very easy on the user also. Sale price I paid ($701.99) makes this a great deal! plus Shopping Points.
After about an hour's use the transmission broke. Still under warranty so OK, right? Well, maybe. Took Sears about a month to replace the transmission. We're now ready to till. Unfortunately after about 10 minutes use the motor died. Still under warranty, but it was the end of the gardening season by the time the motor was replaced. (took over six weeks for the replacement to be received/installed) Used it a couple of times just to test it out and all seemed good. Next spring, ready to garden. Tilled my small garden twice and the transmission went out again. Still under warranty but I'd had enough of this tiller. Demanded they replace the tiller which they did. Was a very wet year and was only able to use the new one about four times. It ran fine until two weeks after the warranty expired when the motor died again. In slightly over two years this model tiller went through two transmissions and two motors. Absolute trash. I have a 1994 front tine Sears tiller that still runs like a top. This tiller is junk. Take your money, bury it in the garden, that would be a better use of your cash. Seriously, the metal castings of this tiller are of extremely poor quality. They will not hold up over the long haul. One of the techs who worked on the tiller told me the motors went out on them all the time, though he was a bit surprised by the transmission problems. My garden spot has been farmed for over sixty years. It is soft soil. There are not roots, rocks, absolutely no vaild reasons for this tiller to fail. Used to buy nothing but Sears small engine garden equipment. No more. This was my final purchase. They've cut too many corners. Buyer beware.
Love this tiller. It has worked better than I thought it would at tilling up a part of my land to put in a garden. I cut through the ground with ease and I love the fact that the height is adjustable and that I can reverse the blades when I need to. Very durable and seems to be easy to maintain.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 04-Jul-2015 See details.
- Online Only! EXTRA 5% off Tillers Sold by Sears. Discount reflected in price shown. Offer ends 21-Jun-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with lawn & garden purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase! Offer ends 01-Jul-2015 See details.
- Get 8-pack Washcloths for $2.99, with any purchase. Applies to items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.