Craftsman 208CC* Dual Rotating Rear Tine TillerOnline only | Item# 07129932000 | Model# 29932
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.58|
|Maximum Till Depth (in.):||7.5|
|Maximum Till Width (in.):||18|
|Tine Height (in.):||13|
|Wheel Diameter (In.):||16|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||262|
|Number of Tilling Blades:||4|
|Tine Rotation:||Dual Rotating Tines|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Coverage Area (Sq. Ft.):||1000|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||1|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Tiller Type:||Rear Tine|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Tear Up Some New Ground with the Craftsman Rear Tine Tiller
Every avid gardener's dream tool, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller is designed to make light work out of heavy labor. Whether you're breaking ground for new garden plots, planting trees or shrubs, power composting, or plowing furrows for plants, this tiller will give you the muscle and strategy to get the job done. Its rear-tine design makes tilling jobs more efficient, while the four self-sharpening 13 inch tines are crafted from heat-treated steel for superior strength. Combine that strength with their counter rotation and you have enough power to pulverize uncultivated soil, sod, compacted soil and even clay along with small roots that still maybe underground. You might even say tackling hard ground will now seem like a bed of roses.
The easy-to-use Craftsman rear tine tiller is equipped with a powerful 208cc OHV engine that runs cooler and more efficiently while designed to last longer. The foam grip adjustable handles make tilling or transporting more comfortable by allowing you to choose the most suitable height and maintaining the right tilling depth. Its chain-drive transmission ensures flexible maneuverability in varied conditions by letting you easily move forward and in reverse and helps provide the ground-piercing power you absolutely need. Ideal for larger areas, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller will have you effectively covering more ground in less time with its 18 inch tilling width. The 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires on the front provide greater traction and optimal balance letting you navigate in both cultivated and muddy soil. The steel serrated trail shields protect your feet and vegetation reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the tines' rotating action.
- With cutting-edge features and a smart design, the Craftsman 208cc Dual Rotating Rear Tine Tiller puts performance, control and ease of use in your hands
- 208cc* OHV Craftsman® engine is designed for reliability and performance; OHV runs cooler and assures years of reliable performance
- Heavy duty chain drive transmission offers forward and reverse operation. The powerful, long lasting design drives tines in forward mode and makes transport effortless in reverse mode
- 18 in. tilling width saves time and is ideal for tilling larger areas
- Four 13 in. heat treated steel, dual rotating tines; great for cultivating as well as for breaking hard ground
- Dual rotating, rear tine design is easy to operate for small or large jobs; wheels pull the tiller forward against the dual rotating tines, providing the power to break up heavy uncultivated soil
- Adjustable padded loop and bail handle with foam grips provide comfort and control while tilling or transporting
- Steel serrated rear tine shield and adjustable side tine shields cover tines, protecting feet, vegetation, and reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the rotating action
- Heavy-duty front counter weight increases weight on the wheels, improve balance, and enhance tilling
- Spring-loaded adjustable depth stake controls a range of tilling depths with ease
- 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires with free-wheel and locked-wheel positions create greater traction in cultivated and muddy soil, and provide easy transport
- 2-year warranty protects your investment
Added on January 28, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
AFTER BUYING THIS TILLER AND EXPERIENCING A FEW WEEKS OF RAIN I WAS ABLE TO FINALLY USE IT. SHIFTING IS HORRIBLE, SO MUCH THAT YOU PRATICALLY HAVE TO JERK THE LEVER TO CHANGE SELECTIONS. I USED IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND WENT TO CHANGE THE OIL. FOR THE LIFE OF ME AND AN AUTO MECHANIC WE COULD NOT REMOVE THE OIL DRAIN PLUG. I ALSO ABOUT THIS TIME HAVE THE PULL CORD HANGING ABOUT 6" OUT OF THE SPOOLER. IT WILL NOT WIND IN COMPLETLEY.
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT BUY THISD MACHINE. I HAVE HAD IT OVER THE ONE MONTH WARRANTY RETURN PERIOD AND AM NOW STUCK WITH IT. I ALSO RETURNED A MOWER THAT I JUST PURCHASED FROM SEARS BECAUSE OF THIS.
love love this tiller. my brother borrowed my tiller and liked it so much he bought it from me. that is why I am getting another does the work and is great for any job you have!!
I am putting a vegetable garden in my backyard for the first time. It is compacted grass area with some Georgia clay. This tiller churns it up with ease. Will haul in some rich topsoil/compost and till again. Very easy on the user also. Sale price I paid ($701.99) makes this a great deal! plus Shopping Points.
After about an hour's use the transmission broke. Still under warranty so OK, right? Well, maybe. Took Sears about a month to replace the transmission. We're now ready to till. Unfortunately after about 10 minutes use the motor died. Still under warranty, but it was the end of the gardening season by the time the motor was replaced. (took over six weeks for the replacement to be received/installed) Used it a couple of times just to test it out and all seemed good. Next spring, ready to garden. Tilled my small garden twice and the transmission went out again. Still under warranty but I'd had enough of this tiller. Demanded they replace the tiller which they did. Was a very wet year and was only able to use the new one about four times. It ran fine until two weeks after the warranty expired when the motor died again. In slightly over two years this model tiller went through two transmissions and two motors. Absolute trash. I have a 1994 front tine Sears tiller that still runs like a top. This tiller is junk. Take your money, bury it in the garden, that would be a better use of your cash. Seriously, the metal castings of this tiller are of extremely poor quality. They will not hold up over the long haul. One of the techs who worked on the tiller told me the motors went out on them all the time, though he was a bit surprised by the transmission problems. My garden spot has been farmed for over sixty years. It is soft soil. There are not roots, rocks, absolutely no vaild reasons for this tiller to fail. Used to buy nothing but Sears small engine garden equipment. No more. This was my final purchase. They've cut too many corners. Buyer beware.
Love this tiller. It has worked better than I thought it would at tilling up a part of my land to put in a garden. I cut through the ground with ease and I love the fact that the height is adjustable and that I can reverse the blades when I need to. Very durable and seems to be easy to maintain.
South Jordan, UT
What a beast...Good luck holding on to it. I have not had any of the issues reported by other customers, however having been a mechanic for decades "sometimes" certain issues are because people did not read the instructions. Now; The Tiller: This is a wonderful machine !!! It is a beast and the reversing rotation of the tines is a necessity in a rototiller (that's my honest opinion). I have rocky and extremely hard soil here in South Jordan, Utah. I watered a day or two ahead of tilling the ground and then went to work. Over the course of the week to 10 days I went from soil that has never been worked to almost ready to plant. From start to 8" deep. I dug up many large rocks that would be about the size of two fists held together. The machine stalled but I never broke the shear pins on the tines. This really is a beast of a machine. My only tip would be to not tighten the gas cap to tight and do not over fill the tank. This will be all...Happy Gardening and read the instructions...P.S. use a good grade of gasoline 88 octane or higher, personally I have been using premium because ****** only has a crappy grade of 85, and 92 octane...enough said, use good and fresh fuel, always !!!
Tiller is quick to start on the first pull and very easy to maneuver. We needed a big tiller and after looking at most all the brands settled on this unit for the most bang for buck. I have tilled several very large areas one being over 1/2 acre and it worked perfectly.
El Reno, OK
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Tilers items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.