Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.58|
|Maximum Till Depth (in.):||7.5|
|Maximum Till Width (in.):||18|
|Tine Height (in.):||13|
|Wheel Diameter (In.):||16|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||262|
|Number of Tilling Blades:||4|
|Tine Rotation:||Dual Rotating Tines|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Coverage Area (Sq. Ft.):||1000|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||1|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Tiller Type:||Rear Tine|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Tear Up Some New Ground with the Craftsman Rear Tine Tiller
Every avid gardener's dream tool, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller is designed to make light work out of heavy labor. Whether you're breaking ground for new garden plots, planting trees or shrubs, power composting, or plowing furrows for plants, this tiller will give you the muscle and strategy to get the job done. Its rear-tine design makes tilling jobs more efficient, while the four self-sharpening 13 inch tines are crafted from heat-treated steel for superior strength. Combine that strength with their counter rotation and you have enough power to pulverize uncultivated soil, sod, compacted soil and even clay along with small roots that still maybe underground. You might even say tackling hard ground will now seem like a bed of roses.
The easy-to-use Craftsman rear tine tiller is equipped with a powerful 208cc OHV engine that runs cooler and more efficiently while designed to last longer. The foam grip adjustable handles make tilling or transporting more comfortable by allowing you to choose the most suitable height and maintaining the right tilling depth. Its chain-drive transmission ensures flexible maneuverability in varied conditions by letting you easily move forward and in reverse and helps provide the ground-piercing power you absolutely need. Ideal for larger areas, the Craftsman 208cc dual rotating rear tine tiller will have you effectively covering more ground in less time with its 18 inch tilling width. The 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires on the front provide greater traction and optimal balance letting you navigate in both cultivated and muddy soil. The steel serrated trail shields protect your feet and vegetation reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the tines' rotating action.
- With cutting-edge features and a smart design, the Craftsman 208cc Dual Rotating Rear Tine Tiller puts performance, control and ease of use in your hands
- 208cc* OHV Craftsman® engine is designed for reliability and performance; OHV runs cooler and assures years of reliable performance
- Heavy duty chain drive transmission offers forward and reverse operation. The powerful, long lasting design drives tines in forward mode and makes transport effortless in reverse mode
- 18 in. tilling width saves time and is ideal for tilling larger areas
- Four 13 in. heat treated steel, dual rotating tines; great for cultivating as well as for breaking hard ground
- Dual rotating, rear tine design is easy to operate for small or large jobs; wheels pull the tiller forward against the dual rotating tines, providing the power to break up heavy uncultivated soil
- Adjustable padded loop and bail handle with foam grips provide comfort and control while tilling or transporting
- Steel serrated rear tine shield and adjustable side tine shields cover tines, protecting feet, vegetation, and reducing the amount of dust and debris thrown by the rotating action
- Heavy-duty front counter weight increases weight on the wheels, improve balance, and enhance tilling
- Spring-loaded adjustable depth stake controls a range of tilling depths with ease
- 16 in. pneumatic agricultural tires with free-wheel and locked-wheel positions create greater traction in cultivated and muddy soil, and provide easy transport
- 2-year warranty protects your investment
Added on January 28, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought this to keep a sandy area clean of weeds and growth. Previously rented tillers to do this but schedules and weather have increasingly pointed to making a purcase. The area had been tilled before and I was not breaking new ground. There were a few small rocks in this area and a couple of them bent the sheet metal on the sides of the tine shield. Second time out, I smoked the belt. Store said to bring it in as I hadn't had it that long and he would send it in to see why. They had it a week then called me up saying it was to big for the repair center. He offered to have the tech come to the store to look at it. Two weeks later the tech called me up and said that the belt is not a warranty issue, and would cost $165 and another two weeks for the belt to come in. I told him that I could change a belt on my own and picked it up.
When I picked it up, the belt shield wasn't on tight, they had lost the pin for the debth adjutsment and the cable tension had been loosened to the point of not taking up slack. They actually had to go looking for the debth control bar. They loaded it for me and really wasn't going to help with the missing parts (provided a pin 1/4 diameter of what is required).
On my way home, I swung into my local Wheel Horse dealer. He got the belt from Sears in two days (missed the next day order cut-off). One-half hour later, I was tilling again.
Chraftsman used to mean something that's why you paid for the name, now it's just junk. This is made by MTD. If you want one they're cheaper with the MTD name on them elsewhere. This and the last few craftsman power equipement pruchases will make it my last Sears purchase.
Cherry Hill, NJ
I rented a front tine tiller and then purchased this rear tine tiller. The difference is night and day. I have used it for two summers and it still works great. Starts on the first pull and has all kinds of power.
Priced great and works wonderful. Excellent value and Craftsman is a good name. We looked and a bunch of brands and this one had the best features and nicest quality features. Highly recommend this unit.
This is a tiller that will till for you in the toughest of situation. Ruggedly built, plenty of horsepower, and both front and reverse gears. This tiller is a 'must' if time and the quality of the tilled ground matters to you.
Had been tilling the yard to strip out grass with a front tine tiller with the same horsepower engine. The front tine tiller was difficult to operate and barely scratched the surface of our fairly hard and compact soil. This Sears tiller was easy to operate and dug down very deep with little effort on our part. This tiller worked 4 to 5 times faster than the front tine tiller with less effort on my part
Bought this as a gift for hubby! He was out tilling my front lawn with it on the first day. Easy to maneuver and great in the garden. It makes the soil so fluffy.
I have had this tiller for 13 months now in it's 2nd season of tilling. Works great. Plenty of power. One thing i see people saying about changing gears on this tiller is it is hard to do. All you have to do is release the bar and then change the gear. Don't try doing it while you have the bar handle squeeze down . Let off the bar, tiller will stop, then change it. Easy.
Tills good but the handle is not designed for anyone over 6 feet tall, to low. Depth adjustment cumbersome. Throttle control would be nice on handle. I have an OLD Troy Bilt, tills as well but the controls are not as easy to use.
- Get an EXTRA 5% OR No Interest for 12mos on Lawn & Garden items over $299 w/ Sears card Offer ends 05-Apr-2014 See details.