Craftsman Craftsman Compound Action Hedge ShearItem# 07183553000 | Model# CR 4220
Specifications & Dimensions
|Gardening Tool Type:||Pruners & Loppers|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.4|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Compound Action Hedge Shear
- 9" High-carbon steel blades are fully heat treated for strength
- Compound action multiplies cutting, making cutting easier
- Limb notch cuts branches up to 5/8 inch in diameter Bottom blade is PTFE coated for easy clean cutting
- Lightweight, strong aluminum handles with an ergonomic grip
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
These Craftsman shears work wonders when you need to trim bushes in your yard. I was able to do the work in about half the time because they are sharp, require less pressure, and are rather lightweight. The blades are 8 inches long and extremely sharp (which is what you want). The handle grips are comfortable and keep a good grip when pruning or trimming.
The arm stoppers on this unit are plastic so I question their durability long-term, but with the Craftsman lifetime warranty that is a non-issue. Everything else is metal and should last.
I am cleaning up the backyard of a house I once rented. I got tired of borrowing the shears my dad has been using for like 30 years. I drove to Sears for new shears.
I saw the "Craftsman" name and thought "These are the shears to buy."
After one weekend of use the blades have bent and now no longer make full contact. These shears are useless. I will now go back to using my dad's American-made 30 year-old shears.
Its really sad, but it seems the Craftsman label my dad new and that I knew as a kid is NOT THE SAME. Why must companies like Sears sell low quality junk from China? Why can't we manufacture quality tools in the USA like we once did?
Have used it to trim down some bushes and also to cut small branches. Has worked great so far. The product looks steady and looks like will last a long time. I haven't used these shears before so don't know how long the sharpness would be there.
I needed something to quickly attack some bushes, some weeds, and even do some tree pruning. This tool did the job. Easy to use. Sharp. Hope to get more years of use out of it.
North Las Vegas, NV
Purchased these shears to clean up an overgrown backyard, and they did the trick. They easily and smoothly cut through bush branches and thick, tall, overgrown weeds, and they seem to be well made.
I decided to use these instead of the electric trimmers and they do a great job. I was surprised how easily they closed and opened and feel like the shrubs look better than with the electric trimmers. This was a good purchase.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.