Specifications & Dimensions
|Gardening Tool Type:||Pruners & Loppers|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.4|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman Compound Action Hedge Shear
- 9" High-carbon steel blades are fully heat treated for strength
- Compound action multiplies cutting, making cutting easier
- Limb notch cuts branches up to 5/8 inch in diameter Bottom blade is PTFE coated for easy clean cutting
- Lightweight, strong aluminum handles with an ergonomic grip
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I am cleaning up the backyard of a house I once rented. I got tired of borrowing the shears my dad has been using for like 30 years. I drove to Sears for new shears.
I saw the "Craftsman" name and thought "These are the shears to buy."
After one weekend of use the blades have bent and now no longer make full contact. These shears are useless. I will now go back to using my dad's American-made 30 year-old shears.
Its really sad, but it seems the Craftsman label my dad new and that I knew as a kid is NOT THE SAME. Why must companies like Sears sell low quality junk from China? Why can't we manufacture quality tools in the USA like we once did?
Have used it to trim down some bushes and also to cut small branches. Has worked great so far. The product looks steady and looks like will last a long time. I haven't used these shears before so don't know how long the sharpness would be there.
I needed something to quickly attack some bushes, some weeds, and even do some tree pruning. This tool did the job. Easy to use. Sharp. Hope to get more years of use out of it.
North Las Vegas, NV
Purchased these shears to clean up an overgrown backyard, and they did the trick. They easily and smoothly cut through bush branches and thick, tall, overgrown weeds, and they seem to be well made.
I decided to use these instead of the electric trimmers and they do a great job. I was surprised how easily they closed and opened and feel like the shrubs look better than with the electric trimmers. This was a good purchase.
This is something to have on hand for keeping the yard looking well kept. I have used it everyday since I purchased it. I am very pleases with the quality, the price, and the "Craftsman" name that is always backed up by Sears.
This item works very well. I had high expectations from a craftsman piece of equipment, and so far so good. It was able to cut through thick and thin branches, and feels good in my hands. I would definitely recommend it to a friend.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.