Craftsman 21'' Advanced Dethatching and Bagging BladeItem# 07133057000 | Model# 490-100-S083
Specifications & Dimensions
|Item Weight (lbs.):||2.2 lbs.|
|Mower Application:||Walk Behind Mower|
Ratings & Reviews
21" Advanced Dethatching and Bagging Blade
- Performs six different yard tasks: Dethatches, Rakes, Bags, Scalps, Mulches and Cuts
- Fits most Sears/Craftsman walk-behind mowers with 21" and 22" decks
- Detaches and bags simultaneously to cut down on clean up time
- Contains blade, 6 nylon lines, bracket, hardware pack, and installation instructions
Added on April 22, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
San Antonio, TX
Great Blade even if the thatching inserts are hard to find and currently DISCOUNTINUED at sears. I only thatch once a year so one set is sufficient and the blade stays on my mower all year.
Cle Elum, WA
I was skeptical when I bought this due to some other reviews. This exceeded my expectations and will do the same for you, provided you use your head. This type of thatcher needs to be used with some common (uncommon?) sense. You need to install the plastic thatcher's on both ends (they are installed on one side), if you do not, you could cause engine damage as noted in other reviews. 1- install the blade and raise your cutting height slightly (so you do not scalp) 2- be prepared, depending on how much thatch you have; you may pull up 4 to 10 times your usual number of bags 3- go slow - lots of pull on the motor. 4- I did an initial pass, a second pass at a lower level and a third pass at the same level to pull up any remaining thatch. This blade worked better with less scalping than any thing I have used over the years. PS - if you have a lumpy or uneven yard, you may not want to use a thatcher blade... Good luck
This blade doesn't dethatch the lawn since the plastic prongs aren't long enough to reach the thatch layer without totally scalping your grass. I didn't want to ruin my lawn, so with the mower as low as it could be to save some grass, the prongs still didn't reach the thatch layer. Also, one of the prongs fell out and was lost. I'll keep the blade only to cut the grass, not dethatch.
I had a situation of moss taking over my lawn. I installed the power rake per instructions, then lowered the deck so as to scalp and with the rear bag attached to my Craftsman 3 in 1 mower was able to strip off all of the moss and bag it at the same time. It did the job perfectly. It's a great tool and I will be using it later in the fall to power rake and bag fallen leaves. Bob D
[????Why can't reviews be formatted with paragraphs????] * * * * * I bought this last year to try to boost the miserable performance of my "Craftsman Professional 190cc* Variable-Speed Rear-Wheel Drive Mower." Well, I'm not sure anything could help that mower produce really good results. This certainly didn't. * * * * * The idea is neat - the stiff plastic strands 'rake' the lawn as you mow, sort of like a lite-duty power rake. However, the plastic tines fall out almost immediately. I cut a couple of swaths with good - I wouldn't say 'great' - results, then noticed lower performance for a few more passes, then checked. 2 out of 3 plastic tines on each side were missing. Same results after replacing them all twice. The replacement plastic tines can get expensive, too: each replacement pack costs about %25 as much as the blade originally. * * * * * The problem is that nothing really holds the plastic pieces in - they just get bent in half and forced through holes in the blade, and come out just as easily. If I decide to use it this year, I'll try to rig up some way to keep the plastic wires in, then it might be worth it. Of course, the plastic parts wear out, too, so spending a lot of effort to keep them in just means re-doing that effort at each frequent replacement. * * * * * In all, I suggest getting a metal-tined power rake attachment.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Family & Friends! Get an Extra 10% Off OR Members choose 20% back in points on items in Checkout. Offer ends 05-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with lawn & garden purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.