|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Cutting Width (In.):||21|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||.2|
|Recommended Oil & Capacity:||SAE 30|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||73|
|Included with Item:|
|Engine Oil Included:||Yes|
|Package Contents:||Lawn Mower|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Handle Height Positions:||1 Fixed Position|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Blade Stop Feature:||No|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Splash|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Drive Control:||Front wheel drive|
|Front Tire Size:||8|
|Front Wheel Type:||Fixed Forward|
|Rear Tire Size:||8|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Dual Lever|
|Cutting Height Range:||1.25 to 3.75|
|Disposal by Bagging:||Yes - included|
|Disposal by Rear Discharge:||No|
|Disposal by Side Discharge:||Yes - installed|
|Power and Performance:|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.5|
|High Rear Wheels:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
This Craftsman Mower Moves Fast
Agile and quick, this Craftsman mower delivers the balance of a portable 140cc engine with the economy of single speed drive, to get the grass cut wherever you need it done. A solid machine, it features rugged steel construction and the dependable firing of the MRS spark plug for a long, hassle-free service life. To make starting easy, this lawn mower even features the Smooth Start™ system, a specially designed recoil mechanism that multiples your force during pull starts, so even when there’s a chill in the air, it’s up and running in no time at all. A solid mower that’s agile enough for small yards, while packing the power to take on vast fields, give this Craftsman a pull, and get that lawn in shape.
- Smooth Start™ uses recoil for faster, easier starting with less effort
- Most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug fires fast
- Single speed propelled front wheel drive means more control and less fatigue
- Precision Plus™ delivers accurate, even cutting with a durable blade
- 21 in. 3-in-1 deck lets’ you choose between bagging, mulching and side discharge
- Deck design extends cutting area beyond wheels for more precise trimming and edging
- Dual-point deck height adjusters with 6 positions
- Flexible cutting heights ranging from 1.25 to 3.75 in. for any lawn or grass type
- EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings
- 8 in. front and 8 in. rear wheels increase maneuverability
- Unit comes fully assembled
- Warranty: 2 years
- Available in 50 states
- Engine size rated by engine manufacturer
Added on January 19, 2013
Overall, others give this:
I'm a 70 y.o. woman and this lawnmower's not too heavy to use when cutting in & under bushes without the added fr. wheel drive. I find it to be about as heavy to push as a supermkt. cart filled with groceries. It starts with one good pull.
First time using a gas mower, I am glad I got this front wheel drive model instead of push model. It is not much weight difference between this one and the push model, so that is a plus. it comes with bag, which won't come with many push models. start on first pull after adding gas and engine oil. The engine stop couple of times when I am using it, due to grass stuck on the blade. Which made me wonder if I should pick the 190cc model instead. Over all, a basic good mower, and I got it on sales for 199 with *************, What a deal!!
Just picked up this mower today, Memorial Day sale for $199. Added gas and oil, primed it 3 times (as instructed for cold starts) and it started on the FIRST pull (always had Briggs and Stratton engines). Never had a self-propelled mower, didn't know what I was missing, it's great! The single speed is fine, as it's just your regular walking speed (2.5 mph). Also used the mulching mode and cut is so fine, you don't know you didn't use the catch bag (which I normally do). It's light in weight like my old push gas mower, but not the extra weight (up to 20 pounds) like other self-propelled bigger mowers. It's a nice light-weight self-propelled mower at a great price!
I'm a 60 year old woman, and I love to work in the yard. Today I bought this model, and now my lawn looks beautiful. I need frequent breaks, and this mower does great on hot starts. Out of the box, the mower is set on a 2 inch cutting height. Immediately change that height to 3 inches, and you will do fine with your mowing. It's a a great value for the price!
- Qualifying Orders $59 SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.
- FREE BUCKET with any Lawn & Garden purchase over $49. 1 bucket per customer. Must pick up in store Offer ends 29-Jun-2013 See details.
- Online Only, Extra 5% off Mowers and Trimmers Sold by Sears. Valid thru 7/6. Offer ends 06-Jul-2013 See details.