Craftsman 140cc* Briggs & Stratton, 21'' Rear Bag Push MowerOnline only | Item# 07137430000 | Model# 37430
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.2|
|Overall Dimensions:||36.56 x 23.87 x 17.5|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Included with Item:|
|Engine Oil Included:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Package Contents:||Lawn Mower|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Handle Height Positions:||1 Fixed Position|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Material:||Alloy Steel|
|Blade Stop Feature:||No|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Air Filter Type:||Foam|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Splash|
|Engine Series:||500e Silver Series OHV|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Has Remote Choke:||No|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.0|
|Recommended Oil & Capacity:||SAE 30|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||33430|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||7 in.|
|Front Wheel Type:||Fixed Forward|
|High Rear Wheels:||Yes|
|Rear Tire Size:||11 in.|
|Cutting Deck Type:||Precision cut|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Dual lever|
|Cutting Height Range:||1.25 to 3.75 in.|
|Cutting Width (In.):||21|
|Disposal by Bagging:||Yes - included|
|Disposal by Rear Discharge:||No|
|Disposal by Side Discharge:||Yes - installed|
|Bag Capacity (CuFt):||1.9|
|EZ Bagging Access:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Get Dependable Starting, Durability and Long Life from the Craftsman Rear Bag Mower
The Craftsman 21inch Rear Bag Push Moweris powered by a Briggs & Stratton® Silver Series 140cc* OHV engine (5.0 torque) for high-performance mowing. Smooth Start™ recoil starter produces lower speed with less effort during pulling. The most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug provides easier, longer-lasting starting. Precision Plus™ cutting system delivers high-performance bagging, mulching with a durable blade, giving your lawn a manicured appearance. The 21 inch 3-in-1 deck gives you options of side discharge, mulch to put nutrients back into the lawn, or bag clippings for quick, no-hassle disposal.
Power through anything with this Craftsman Rear Bag Mower. Dual-point deck height adjusters with six positions provides quick, easy height adjustments. Flexible cutting heights ranging from 1-1/4 in. to 3-3/4 in. provides exceptional versatility for all lawn or grass types. EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings. Low 7 inch front wheels and high 11 inch rear wheels provide improved turning and sure-grip traction over all types of terrain.
- Powered by a Briggs & Stratton Silver Series 140cc OHV engine (5.0 torque), the Craftsman 21inch Rear Bag Push Mower delivers dependable starting performance, durability and long life
- MRS spark plug provides easier starting
- 21-in. 3-in-1 deck offers side discharge, mulching or bag clippings for convenience
- Dual-point deck height adjusters with six positions for quick height adjustments
- Precision Plus™ cutting system for high-performance bagging and mulching
- Comes with a 2-year warranty to protect your investment
- Unit comes fully assembled without requiring tools for no-hassle mowing as soon as you bring it home
- Available in 50 states
*As rated by the engine manufacturer
Added on January 19, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
North Las Vegas, NV
After assembling, adding oil ( I don't think I there is a more inconvenient spot to put the oil intake ), filling with gas and priming, I pulled the starter cord and nothing. Pulled again and and the cord came all the way out and would not re-track back into the mower. After calling Craftsman they said to take it back to Sears for a replacement rather then trying to have it repaired. I asked and Sears agreed to give me a refund instead. The one star is for Craftsman and Sears for being so accommodating.
1. The oil port is not as in the instructions. The instructions had a much better and easier location in which to add oil. I spilled as much oil as got into the engine. Had to buy more. 2. Could not pull the pull rope out far enough to loop it onto the handle as indicated in the instructions. 3. I attempted to turn the engine over manually (no fuel in it yet) and there was a rubbing/grinding sound and it would not turn past a certain point. 4. Scratched my hand on the blade (REALLY SHARP - THAT'S A GOOD THING) and bled a little. My bad. From other reviews - the product looks like a good one & I just got a lemon. Check it out in the store before you take it home. I generally love Craftsman products.
Scotts Valley, CA
Got this mower home and got it assembled and loaded with oil and gas and proceeded to try to start it... no luck 1st time, 2nd time, 3rd time and 4th time... Let it sit overnight and went through the process and on the 2nd time blew out my shoulder... I can hardly raise my right arm and am going to the doctor to see if I tore my rotator cuff... what a joke! I have another Craftsman mower that starts without priming on the 2nd pull without fail... What ever happened to "quality assurance"????? Good luck!
I have always bought craftsman landscaping products. The reason for that is because I know when I'm about to use them, they will start and complete the job they were meant to do with ease . I can't see buying another name product that more then likely will leave me very displeased with the job performance , when I know that the craftsman product will do the job with ease. Craftsman has been around for a long time and they stand behind everything they sell which I have the knowledge of knowing but not having experienced. The lawnmower I just recently replaced with another craftsman lawnmower was 30+ years old, and the reason for replacing the older unit was that I wanted one that would bag the clippings or mulch cause the older one would just discharge out the side. Now I can cut my grass and have more time for relaxation and beverages . So if your up in the air yet to which name lawnmower to buy, just look at the line up that craftsman has and I'm sure you'll get the best bang for your money besides getting the best product for the job .
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Pleased with the help with the purchase and the price. The preparation instructions were a little off for adding the oil to this model. Excellent that is started on first pull and has run great.
The lawn mower was a great price and works very well. The rear bag that is attached is great for less clean up once the grass has been cut. This has been a life saver!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 30-Apr-2014 See details.
- MAX Member Exclusive. Choose FREE Store Pickup and Get 5% back in points! Offer ends 30-Jun-2014 See details.
- MEMBERS-15% back in points on accessories with any lawn mower & $25 in mower accessories purchase. Offer ends 02-May-2014 See details.