Craftsman 140cc* Briggs & Stratton, 21'' Rear Bag Push MowerOnline only | Item# 07137430000 | Model# 37430
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||0.2|
|Overall Dimensions:||36.56 x 23.87 x 17.5|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Included with Item:|
|Engine Oil Included:||Yes|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Package Contents:||Lawn Mower|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Handle Height Positions:||1 Fixed Position|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Material:||Alloy Steel|
|Blade Stop Feature:||No|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||6|
|Air Filter Type:||Foam|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Lubrication System:||Splash|
|Engine Series:||500e Silver Series OHV|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||140|
|Has Remote Choke:||No|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||5.0|
|Recommended Oil & Capacity:||SAE 30|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||33430|
|Starter Type:||Pull Start|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||7 in.|
|Front Wheel Type:||Fixed Forward|
|High Rear Wheels:||Yes|
|Rear Tire Size:||11 in.|
|Cutting Deck Type:||Precision cut|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Dual lever|
|Cutting Height Range:||1.25 to 3.75 in.|
|Cutting Width (In.):||21|
|Disposal by Bagging:||Yes - included|
|Disposal by Rear Discharge:||No|
|Disposal by Side Discharge:||Yes - installed|
|Bag Capacity (CuFt):||1.9|
|EZ Bagging Access:||No|
Ratings & Reviews
Get Dependable Starting, Durability and Long Life from the Craftsman Rear Bag Mower
The Craftsman 21inch Rear Bag Push Moweris powered by a Briggs & Stratton® Silver Series 140cc* OHV engine (5.0 torque) for high-performance mowing. Smooth Start™ recoil starter produces lower speed with less effort during pulling. The most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug provides easier, longer-lasting starting. Precision Plus™ cutting system delivers high-performance bagging, mulching with a durable blade, giving your lawn a manicured appearance. The 21 inch 3-in-1 deck gives you options of side discharge, mulch to put nutrients back into the lawn, or bag clippings for quick, no-hassle disposal.
Power through anything with this Craftsman Rear Bag Mower. Dual-point deck height adjusters with six positions provides quick, easy height adjustments. Flexible cutting heights ranging from 1-1/4 in. to 3-3/4 in. provides exceptional versatility for all lawn or grass types. EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings. Low 7 inch front wheels and high 11 inch rear wheels provide improved turning and sure-grip traction over all types of terrain.
- Powered by a Briggs & Stratton Silver Series 140cc OHV engine (5.0 torque), the Craftsman 21inch Rear Bag Push Mower delivers dependable starting performance, durability and long life
- MRS spark plug provides easier starting
- 21-in. 3-in-1 deck offers side discharge, mulching or bag clippings for convenience
- Dual-point deck height adjusters with six positions for quick height adjustments
- Precision Plus™ cutting system for high-performance bagging and mulching
- Comes with a 2-year warranty to protect your investment
- Unit comes fully assembled without requiring tools for no-hassle mowing as soon as you bring it home
- Available in 50 states
*As rated by the engine manufacturer
Added on January 19, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This lawnmower simply will not start. I have had it serviced twice. First time, it didn't start the day after service. The second time, it would not start at all. I have owned this mower for two years and it has only started 3 times. I've paid the neighborhood kids enough the past two seasons to buy two new mowers. But what am I to do with this 65-pound paperweight? Never again will I buy anything with the Briggs and Stratton label on it. I only had to replace my previously working Craftsman mower because my Wife ran over a Texas Yucca bush; bent the shaft. Don't waste your money or time on this mower.
Red Oak, TX
My family has used Craftsman for years. I bought this lawnmower in late 2012 and only used it about five times. Took it in for repair because if would not start. I paid the Sears store in Waxahachie $50 to look at it. They cleaned out the carburetor and I got one more use. I then threw it away. Very disappointing.
MY NEW LAWN MOWER WAS REASONABLY PRICED. IT HAS LOTS OF VERY GOOD TIME SAVING FEATURES. IT IS VERY EASY TO START AND RUNS VERY SMOOTHLY. I PURCHASED THIS LAWN MOWER FOR MY DAUGHTER. I AM SURE THAT SHE WILL ENJOY MOWING HER LAWN WITH IT.
San Dimas, CA
Fort Wayne, IN
I plan to use this lawn mower as a spare unit, or for a quick light clean-up around the edges and mulch beds. The 140 cc engine is a little small and under powered for use a primary lawn mower. Do not expect it to cut down a long shaggy yard. The high rear wheels make it an excellent choice to steer around curving mulch beds, trees, and along the perimeter of my yard features. The optional rear bag is good for these quick clean up trimming events, and is easy to remove to empty or set aside for use without the bag being attached. I will change the blade to a mulcher blade for my use, the factory blade does not circulate the clippings under the mower to chop them up fine enough to leave on the yard. The factory blade is totally fine, if you are going to always use the rear bag with the mower.
We got a pretty good deal on a 5hp mower and have already used it twice, even though it's still winter. We have had pretty good luck with these mowers lasting more than five years, so have continued to purchase them from Sears. That's what it's all about, reliability and being able to find what you want and purchase it immediately.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Buy a Lawnmower get a Briggs & Stratton Enviro-Flo Plus Gas Can for $14.99 Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Lawn Mowers items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.