Craftsman 24HP 48” Hydrostatic Transmission Turn Tight® Garden Tractor - CA OnlyItem# 07120402000 | Model# C48GTCA
|Item Weight (lbs.):||564|
|Overall Item Dimensions:||72.75 x 49.5 x 46|
|Cutting Deck & Blade:|
|Blade Type:||3 and 1|
|Blade Width (in.):||2|
|Cutting Deck Material:||Steel|
|Cutting Deck Nose Roller:||No|
|Cutting Height Adjustment Type:||Hand Lever|
|Cutting Height Maximum (in.):||4|
|Cutting Height Minimum (in.):||1|
|Cutting Width (In.):||48|
|Number of Cutting Blades:||3|
|Controls and Features:|
|Blade Engagement Type:||Electric|
|General Warranty:||2 Year|
|Terrain Type:||Flat, Hilly|
|Frame Type:||Stamped steel|
|Front Axle Material:||Cast iron|
|Maximum Forward Speed (mph):||5.5|
|Maximum Reverse Speed (mph):||2.9|
|Mow in Reverse:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||Infinite|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||Infinite|
|Transmission Type:||Hydrostatic Automatic|
|Turning Radius (in.):||6|
|Cooling System Type:||Air Cooled|
|Engine Brand:||Briggs & Stratton(r)|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||724|
|Number of Cylinders:||2|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Front Tire Size:||16" x 6.5" - 8"|
|Rear Tire Size:||22" x 9.5" - 12"|
|Accessory or Attachment:|
|3 Bin Bagger Part Number:||#24916|
|Hauling Equipment:||Heavy Hauling, Light Hauling|
|Mulch Kit Part Number:||#24148|
|Snow Blade or Thrower Capable:||Snow thrower, Snow blade|
|Fuel Capacity (gal.):||4.0|
|Fuel Gauge Location:||On Tank|
|Speed Control:||Fender Control|
|CARB Compliant:||Not Compliant with Cali. Air Resource Board|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 48 in. Turn Tight® Garden Tractor Is Big Enough For Any Job
Whether you're prepping a garden space, clearing a blizzard or keeping the yard putting-green pretty, the Craftsman 48 in. hydrostatic riding mower has the power and finesse to do the job. Its hefty 4-cycle, 24 HP engine has an automatic transmission that makes even hilly terrain easy to navigate. The 48 in. mowing deck means fewer passes to finish the yard, while speeds of up to 5.5 mph get it done even faster.
The Craftsman 48 in. Turn Tight® garden tractor is flexible enough to adapt to whatever you need it to do. The mower can pull a tiller in the spring or a snow blower in the winter. In between, the adjustable deck will let the three blades chew through heights of one to 4 in. It will accept a bagger for mulching or pull a roller for a smooth look. When you're finished, simply attach the deck-washing system to any garden hose and make equally quick work of clean-up.
- This Craftsman 48 in. hydrostatic riding mower has the power to pull a tiller and the subtlety to handle tight spots, all in one easy-to-operate package
- The mower has a 6 in. turning radius
- The 4 cycle Briggs & Stratton™ engine runs on gas only—no oil mixing
- The mower can go up to 5.5 mph
- A 48 in. mowing deck can adjust the three blades in 10 positions, up to 4 in. high
- Automatic transmission and keyless starting
- Large front and rear tires
- Deck-washing system attaches easily to any garden hose
- Strong enough to pull a tiller or snow blower for heavy duty work
- The stamped steel frame and cast iron front axle carry a five-year warranty
- The rest of the mower has a two-year warranty
- Not California Air Resources Board compliant
Added on January 10, 2014
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Bought one used and regret it. It started dead grass on fire from poor belt design and no wash out. Tight turns are frustrating because the thing locks up and its clear that there is a LOT of torque being put on the rods and like another poster stated they will break. Get a zero turn if anything from Craftsman.
One of my front wheels has come off the shaft 3 times. Do not buy a turn tight mower, it is an awful design the front wheels will lock up when you "turn tight". I had a sears tech come to my house the first time it came off and he told me I had too much grass to cut for these mowers. Nope I just bought the wrong brand of mower. If you do buy these make sure you get and keep the extended warranty.
- Online Only. FREE DELIVERY on riding mowers and tractors over $1299 sold by Sears. Offer ends 07-Nov-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off this item. Extra savings reflected in price shown. Offer ends 25-Oct-2014 See details.