Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||7 x 2.5 x 0.687 in.|
|Auto Tool Type:||Electrical & Ignition system|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.1|
|Number of Pieces:||1|
|Package Contents:||25 Steel Feeler Blades in Chrome handle with knurled lock-nut|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Included with Item:|
|Guides & Instructions:|
|User Guide Included:||No|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed Forever|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 25 Feeler Gauge Measures the Distance
When you need to know the distance in a gap and you need to know quickly and accurately, this Craftsman 25 leaf feeler gauge from Sears is the perfect tool for the job. It's an easy, user-friendly way for engineers, mechanics or DIYers to gauge distances easily and with a high degree of accuracy to ensure you move forward in your work filled with precise knowledge.
This durable Craftsman 25 feeler gauge is made of 25 different-sized leafs, each marked with a specific size. When put to use, this tool allows you to measure the clearance or space between two parts; simply start with the smallest leaf and move to the next until you find some drag on the gauge. It's perfect for use when setting gaps on spark plugs, or any project you have that demands precision gapping.
- This Craftsman 25 leaf feeler gauge is an easy and accurate way to measure the distance between anything that requires exact gapping
- Features 25 individual blades, each made a different size
- Each blade is clearly marked with its size for a user-friendly experience
- Easily compacts into its holder for convenient storage when not in use
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
I ordered this set of feeler gauges from Sears online at a special sale price. They did not have it in stock said the item was back ordered. I figured that I would never see that set of feelers. However, I was surprised a few weeks later with a text telling me that it was in and I could pick it up at my local store. I have already used the gauges to adjuct the valves on my old Chevy.
La Salle, IL
This is a great product for accurately setting gaps on spark plugs or whatever else needs to be precisely gapped. Each blade is clearly marked making this a very user friendly item.
Green Bay, WI
San Diego, CA
I bought this to gauge the neck relief on my bass guitar, and it's certainly good enough for the job. That said, I do have some reservations: The lettering on the leafs are not in black colors (as suggested by the picture) but etched (laser?), which probably means it won't erase but it's just a little harder to read than I would like. The mechanism around the leafs being held inside the case also feels just a bit flimsy: The nut feels a bit rough, and the holes in the leafs are slightly bigger than the center screw that holds them such that the leafs wobble a bit inside when you untighten the nut. I also see a few leafs that are rough around the edges to the hole side. All of these little things probably won't affect usability for anyone, and I'm certainly satisfied, however I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't feel as nice as an old leaf gauge that I've been borrowing from the lab work bench. One other thing that drove me crazy about the Sears website: Why aren't the blade sizes listed in the specs? For those that are wondering, here you go: 0.0015, 0.002-0.016 (in 0.001 increments), 0.018, 0.020, 0.022, 0.024, 0.025, 0.028, 0.030, 0.032, 0.035.
Grand Forks, ND
I have yet to find a time to use these, but after looking them over should work very well. I don't use feeler gauges as much as I used to, as only 2 of my vehicles need regular valve adjustments. I will probably be using these this spring on my GL1100 Gold Wing.
Santa Fe, NM
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.