Specifications & Dimensions
|Blade Size:||7-1/4 in.|
Ratings & Reviews
Featuring a powerful 7.8 amp motor and twin 6-1/8" blades, the Craftsman Twin Cutter Electric Saw powers through the toughest wood, plastic and metal. With patented twin-blade technology, vibration is substantially reduced, and cuts are simpler, easier and smoother.
- Kit includes:
- 7.8 Amp Corded 6-1/8" Twin Cutter Electric Saw
- Blow-molded plastic case
- Powerful 7.8 amp motor delivers 1.23 hp
- Twin 6-1/8" carbide tip blades cut quickly through wood, plastic and metal
- Weight: 12.25 lbs
- Fully assembled
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Rogue River, OR
Good for easy, short, light weight jobs. Cutting thin metal, plastic pipes, etc. is good, no kickback. Cutting cedar wood burned mine up fassssst. Used relatively little. Out of warranty. My loss. I would rate it up there with **************'s Chicago Electric tools. Oops.
You would have to just have $150 extra dollars you are willing to give to the Craftman's cause. This tool did NOT last a full year and without a "proof of purchase" I could not even get it repair. Pityfull excuse for a "Power Tool"!!!!
I bought the saw and used it to cut aluminum. On the third use it turned off and would not start again.The metal was thin and easy to cut so there was not a heavy load on the saw.It worked great up until it shut off. The one year warranty was past, so I am sol on the saw. I took it to my local sears, it was a waste of time,all they did was give me an 800 number.
West Columbia, WV
Many reviews derate this saw because of overheating . It is probably because the saw was run beyond the recommended duty cycle. Which is "30 minutes on,10 minutes off under normal load" or let it cool to ambient (normal) air temprature. See page 12 in the manual. I do not recommend using this saw for prolonged or industrial cutting. It is for the occasional home user. I use it to cut up pallets for firewood, easily cutting stray nails that would make a normal saw dull or dangerous. When I feel too much heat, I just do something else such as stacking or moving the cut pieces to the storage area so no time is lost. Another feature is the large 6-1/8" blade that other twin cut saws don't have.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 07-Dec-2013 See details.