Specifications & Dimensions
|Warranty Detail Link:||craftsman warranty|
|Maximum Operating Pressure (psi.):||150|
|SCFM Delivery At 40 psi:||5.1|
|SCFM Delivery At 90 psi:||3.8|
|Compressor Tank Capacity (gal.):||26|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor: Power to the Workshop
If you’re the kind of guy that knows his way around an engine compartment, you know the value of working with a solid air tool set. Designed to bring professional quality pressure home, the Air Compressor with Impact Wrench kit delivers solid service and packs one heck of a punch. Whether you’re rebuilding a small block V-8, tuning up a lawn mower engine or thinking about handling your own paint work, a high capacity air compressor gets more done.
From busting stubborn lugs loose to snugging bolts tight, the Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor delivers the power and tools to make any mechanic’s job easier. Including a hard cranking impact and agile air powered ratchet, whether you’re pulling a frame apart for maintenance, or mounting a new engine, this pair of tools gives you the power and finesse to get the job done right. A solid addition to any garage or shop, this air kit links up with dozens of high quality pneumatic tools so whether you’re sanding hardwood, grinding steel, or spot blasting stone, you’ll have 26 gallons of pressurized air powered by a horse and a half of muscle to get the job done. Pull this hardworking tool into your shop and get to work with superior pneumatic power.
- Includes: 1/2 in. Craftsman impact wrench (#16882), 3/8 in. Craftsman ratchet (#19932), 25 ft. PVC hose, two (2) male plugs, female plug, quick connect, seal tape
- The Craftsman 26 Gallon Air Compressor brings professional quality pressure to your home
- 90 volt start up gets this powerhouse moving fast
- Low maintenance, oil free, direct drive operation gives you more power, prolonged life and smaller electrical bills
- 500 hour life means hard cranking for years of solid service
- No oil to add or change, just smooth operation
- No belts or pulleys to replace for dependable performance when you need it
- Easy cold weather start gets you working fast
- 26 gallon ASME* vertical portable tank with wheels and cushioned handle grip moves fast
- Fully enclosed shroud covers working components preventing damage to vital parts
- Equipped with quick adjusting pressure regulator, easy to read pressure gauges, quick connect air outlet for fast hose connection and on/off switch
Added on October 22, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this item to do light automotive work. The compressor is not powerful enough to properly run the impact wrench. If you read the book that comes with the impact wrench, it even notes this compressor if for "Liight duty" use with the im[act. Do yourself a favor. Get a larger compressor.
As noted in other reviews, the compressor is ok, but it is loud. It does build up pressure fairly quickly, maybe 5 min. to get to 150psi from empty. The biggest disappointment were the included hose and the impact wrench. Both are complete junk. The air ratchet is just ok. The impact wrench is supposed to be able to do 400+ ft-lbs torque. I doubt it is capable of even 20 ft-lbs! I could stop it turning with just my gloved hands! Could not remove lug nuts torqued to only 85 ft-lbs. Bought a quality rubber hose and a "real" impact wrench elsewhere and it works great. Was concerned somewhat about the SCFM rating, but it's been fine for me. Since I got this for a pretty good price, I am mostly satisfied.
For some odd reason the pump is not capable of filling the tank. The owner's manual says not to run it longer than 30 minutes straight in an hour. Within that 30 minutes I was lucky to get 1/3 of the tank filled. Yes, I checked and there are no air leaks. The pressure stayed until I started the compressor again and ran it another 30 minutes only to find the pressure in the tank did not increase 1 single pound. It is going back to the store as soon as I post this.
So far it has worked fine. This is the first air compressor I've used that didn't use a motor and oil reservoir. I was completely caught off guard when I turned it on. I have since moved it to an adjoining room and the sound is no longer a factor. If you keep this in the same room you are in be prepared to wear ear protection!
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I bought this for my home garage where I do auto repair and restoration. I have had it for about 8 months and it has worked fine. No problems with it except one of the guages leaked so I replaced that. It is noisy. The air tools that come with it are cheap. I sold those on **** and bought better Ingersol ones. I did get the 3 year extended warranty.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off select tools Sold by Sears. Offer ends 20-Jun-2013 See details.
- Shop Your Way Rewards Members get $10 in Points on this item. Sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Jun-2013 See details.