Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||2730|
|Width Range:||26 to 32 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||7.5|
|Wheels or Casters:||No|
|Color/Finish:||Red/black / Textured|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Number of Drawers:||N/A|
|Self Latching Drawers:||No|
|Widest Drawer Width (In.):||N/A|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Use This 26-In. Plastic Tool Box for Jobs on the Go
This Craftsman 26-in. plastic tool box is not a flimsy discount store box; it's a sturdy, heavy duty, solid box so good it gets to carry the Craftsman name. You don't always want to lug a heavy tool chest with you for a small job, and this is the perfect tool box for filling with jus the tools you need for the job.
Solid, portable and dependable, this is one 26-in. plastic tool box that is made to last. Extra-thick plastic material gives you a hard-working tool box that promises years of performance. Yet, it's very lightweight, and you get the added benefit that the plastic won't scratch surfaces so you can put it anywhere.
- This high-quality Craftsman 26-in. plastic tool box boasts a 2,730 cubic inch capacity, so it's able to hold a slew of tools
- The removable tote tray allows you to carry your most commonly used tools with ease
- The full-length metal hinge pin gives this tool box extra strength and durability
- The over molded comfort-grip top handle distributes the weight of your tools evenly for easy carrying
- Two draw bolt latches are included and each one has its own padlock eye if you choose to purchase locks for this utilitarian and good-looking tool box
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Eau Claire, WI
I was skeptical about the durability of this toolbox, but it holds up great. The size is great-I can fit everything I need inside and take it with me to project sites. It is plastic but feels sturdy, not cheap.
This is another toolbox to add to our collection. You can never have enough room for all your tools, fishing equipment......etc. Sears makes a great product
I own SnapOn, Kennedy, Craftsman, etc. metal boxes, but bang for the buck and durability, these plastic boxes are perfect. Having purchased this 26", as well as the 17" and the 20" sizes when on sale for self and family, I like this box. It is reasonably rugged and with a comfortable tote handle that folds flat for stacking several, if overloaded, simply carry by the molded hand holds on each end. The bottom is obviously waterproof and the lid overlaps a lip when closed, so reasonably rain proof. If not for the two pins that the handle pivots on, it would be rain proof. On some, I remove the tray for more storage with taller or bulky items. The only improvement for myself, would be to mold the center of the tray so it would straddle say, a 2 X 4 on a sawhorse... as it is, it has a flat bottom with storage in the middle that some may prefer. Most everyone that shops at Sears/Kmart has seen this and other sizes on sale for about half and a great time to purchase a few.
New Castle, PA
I own several sizes of Craftsman tool boxes and they are all excellent products. They are used for a wide variety of tools and other purposes.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
I sometimes travel extended distances, and I want to make sure I have the tools I need when I get there. I purchased this box because another reviewer wrote it can carry the Craftsman two foot level (it does). But I also wanted a tough box to carry the sledge hammers, crow bars, wrecking bars, etc I normally need and use. (Don't want these heavy items banging around in my trunk or pickup bed.) There is quite a bit of weight when I load this box with all that gear, but the handle and the ribbed box handle it. (Note: if the box is unevenly loaded, the lid may not close completely, but a little pressure aligns it correctly.)
I think I have about 70 pounds worth of tools in this thing. My only complaint is that it's become annoying to actually carry it anywhere. I have never owned another plastic box that would support this much weight without breaking. I do notice that all the weight causes the front to kind of bow out so you have to push it in to line up the hasps when closing, but it seems to have no problem holding the weight. Even the plastic handle on the top still feels strong. I am looking to get another one so I don't have to lift one really heavy one, but two lighter ones!
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get 15% off Craftsman or DieHard work boots with online tool purchase. Offer ends 07-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.