Specifications & Dimensions
|Marking Text Size:||Standard|
|Number of Tools:||263|
|Units Type:||SAE and Metric|
|Included with Item:|
|Number of Bits:||42|
|Number of Drive Tools:||1|
|Number of Extensions:||4|
|Number of Hex Keys:||40|
|Number of Quick Release Ratchets:||3|
|Number of Sockets:||151|
|Number of Wrenches:||22|
|Drive Size:||1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 in.|
|Drive Socket Depth:||Deep and standard|
|Socket Points:||6 & 12|
Ratings & Reviews
263-Pc Mechanics Tool Set Provides a Staggering, Stunning Variety
The Craftsman 263-pc mechanics tool set is the only tool set that you need to complete any and every mechanical job. The tool set has the variety that all mechanics dream of having, and it is also intended to help individuals work faster and more efficiently. The set features metric, standard, inch and deep well sockets made for three ratchet sizes. No matter what the job is, you have the tools that you need. As changing sockets can significantly slow down a job, these ratchets boast a release mechanism that releases sockets more quickly than normal.
The 263-pc mechanics set features ratcheting wrenches, sockets, hex keys, extensions and so much more, all in one fantastic set that is reasonably priced. The range of sizes and tools in this kit gives you the freedom that you need to work in large spaces as well as small, restrictive places. With durable steel construction and a lifetime warranty, you can sleep better at night knowing that you'll never have to worry about having great mechanics tools again.
- Complete your tool collection once and for all with the Craftsman 263-pc mechanics tool set
- Includes 150 sockets in 0.25", 0.38" and 0.5"; spark plug socket; 10 inch ignition wrenches; magnetic holder; 30 screwdriver bit set; 12 nut driver bits; 40 hex keys; 3 quick release ratchets in 0.25", 0.38" and 0.5"; 4 extension bars, and 12 ratcheting wrenches
- Metric, standard inch and deep well sockets fit three ratchets
- Ideal flexibility with multiple sizes to work in both small, tight spaces and large areas
- Alloyed steel construction for guaranteed durability
- Includes a general lifetime warranty
Added on September 28, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
When I got this set I was debating between this the 263 piece and another set the Craftsman 309 piece set. I am very happy I went with this set. The 309 didn't come with a box which was the biggest deal breaker. I was going to lose pieces without the box. I think the 263 will work for me in most cases. I am sure that every now and then I will need a larger size of sockets, but that is bound to happen.
New Hampton, NY
Craftman's tool are quality and strong. This tool set is a great started set for a reasonable price. The ratchet fits great on your hand. The socket are easy to remove.
Des Moines, IA
I'm a serious shade tree mechanic and this tool set is my in-car tool kit. The pros: Ratcheting wrenches, lots of sockets in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drives and value for money, both metric and SAE sockets and wrenches. The cons: mini wrenches are stamped and not cast steel, Torx bits for 1/2 inch drive (why is that necessary in a starter kit when 3/8" drive has them?), no thumb drive sockets, no slots for other wrenches and lots of empty space in the box make it less than ideal to expand your set, not all sizes needed in wrenches so have to purchase a few extra
Very nicely organized set. Always nice to be able to Cary what you need with you to the car you are working on and not have to go back and fourth to get more tools. 6 point and 12 point is the way to go!
It has all the necessary tools for the home mechanic or starter set for a beginning professional. The box is built tough to handle the weight of the tools. The easy slide out trays with compartments keep all the tools in their proper place even if the box is turned upside down. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that works on their own cars.
I bought this set for my husband for Fathers Day. We have a place upnorth and he kept taking tools back and forth. He only buys Craftsman tools. He was awed by the new set.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Todays Deal Heist while supplies last! Sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Nov-2014 See details.
- Buy a Select Craftsman Mechanics tool set and get 50% off on a 5 Piece Flare Nut Wrench Set! Offer ends 06-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.