Craftsman 26'' 208cc* Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ SteerItem# 07188691000 | Model# 88691
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||12 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||21|
|Color and Styling:|
|Clearing Width (In.):||26|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||204|
|Number of Rotor Blades:||4|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||No|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||15 in x 5 in X-Trac|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Move more snow with a more powerful engine and save time out in the cold. This 26 in. Craftsman® Dual-Stage Snowblower has a 208cc* 4-cycle OHV engine, EZ Steer for better maneuverability and 4-way chute control.
- 208cc* 4-cycle OHV Craftsman® engine provides more power, longer life, and improved fuel economy - no mixing of gas and oil required. Move more snow with a more powerful engine and save time out in the cold
- Push-button electric start allows for easy and sure starts in cold temperatures
- 26 in. clearing width and 21 in. intake height lets you clear more snow with each pass, ideal for medium to large paved and gravel driveways and sidewalks
- 12 in. serrated steel auger and 12 in. impeller breaks up hard-packed snow and discharges heavy, wet snow
- 6 forward and 2 reverse, power-propelled speeds save time and energy, allowing operator to adjust speeds to match need
- Trigger controlled EZ Steer system allows operator to turn unit with ease, increasing maneuverability while reducing user fatigue and time
- 4 Way chute control - 190 degree chute rotation and pitch control with the ease of a joystick to discharge the snow where you want it, without leaving the operator's position
- Extended chute design keeps a tighter discharge pattern to increase throwing distance and reduce snow blow back
- 15 in. x 5 in. X-Trac tires provide superior traction in heavy snow conditions
- Deluxe Glide-Tech™ skid shoes eliminate garage rust stains and driveway damage, by sliding along pavers and bricks
- Single hand operation eliminates starts and stops, freeing up a hand for on-the-go adjustments
- Mitten-grip starter handle - easy to grasp and turnover recoil start while wearing gloves
- Plow style handles for comfort and control with panel design for convenient shear pin storage
- 2-year limited warranty
- Limited lifetime warranty on upper and lower chute
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Saint Paul, MN
I've had this for 4 seasons, only 2 of which gave it much use. To its credit, it started up on the first pull on the recoil starter virtually every time I used it this year. It is good with snow. But when snow starts to melt or gets slushy, forget it. I just noticed that the recoil starting rope is badly frayed. Sears Parts Direct tells me I need to replace an entire recoil assembly for $90. Wow. If I cannot otherwise fix it with a new rope, I suspect I'll be using the electric starter from now on. I would have given this a 5 star rating were it not for the poor durability of the starter rope and an apparent $90 (plus shipping) DIY repair.
Bought the same unit in 2011 did not use till this season 2013-2014 due to the lack of snow fall. The first time out it lost the speed control only had fast speed and would not go in reverse. Warranty had already expired. I dissembled the drive assembly and found that the drive wheel bearing that moves the wheels position on the shaft to where it meets the flywheel for the speed and reverse had came off of the shaft which was pressed in place this should have been held in place with a snap ring also to eliminate this problem. I hope that this would be fixed as for now I would not recommend anybody buy this unit until they address this problem and for the money they should have built it better than this. I guess that is why they want you to spend the extra money for a service policy.
I am writing here because they took the Craftsman 28" Snow Blower with the 277cc engine with EZ Steer unit off the web page because it is sold out. I can say after using this unit after two snow events in 2014 of 15 inches and 6 inches that this machine is simply awesome. I owned an MTD 8 horse power self propelled for 18 years. It was showing it age and I sold it. I bought this unit and after putting on few parts i was ready. When the snow came it cut through the 15 inch wet and heavy snow like nothing was there. The 6 inch snow event was a piece of cake. The EZ Steer made my old unit seem clunky. The snow shoots joy stick was a joy to use over the old hand crank It was 18 degrees when I started the unit and did not even use the electric start and it started on the first pull. Sears stands behind their products. Get a unit with EZ Steer. If you can get a 277cc pay the extra hundred it is worth it for the extra horse power. Again SIMPLY AWESOME machine.
I purchased this snowblower 4 years ago. The unit did work quite well. A few weeks ago I the snowblower started acting up and not running. I took the snowblower in to a local small engine shop for a tuneup. Unfortunately the shop called back and said that the engine was blown and would need to be replaced. A snowblower engine needs to last more than 4 years!!! It appears that Craftsman doesn't stand for the quality that it once did. Avoid this product unless you want to replace the engine or buy a new snowblower in 4 years....
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Saint Paul, MN
First let me mention that you should not pay any attention to reviewer complaints that complain the engine is made in China. Briggs and Stratton also builds engines in China these days. So does Toro. I'm not certain you can actually find one built in the U.S. That's just the way it s. I've had this snowblower for two and 1/2 winters. I have been very happy with it until just recently. It is not a bad machine, but I don't think it's built well enough to last me very long. Pros: 1. Throws snow a long ways. The neighbors are impressed! 2. Has plenty of power. I've never run out of power regardless of what gear I'm in. 3. EZ steering is a great plus and works well. 4. The multiple gears 1 to 6 are very useful, easy to change and work well. 5. It is still compact enough that I can load it into my mini-van. Cons: 1. This unit is not built as well as I had hoped. I hit an extension cord and it caused the auger to come out of the housing and wedge itself in place. Yes, an extension cord. The auger housing was bent in the process. The auger has thin plastic bushings for bearings. I'm not impressed with the quality. 2. The chute control is difficult to operate and requires a little wrestling with it to get it to move like I want it to. In summary, I was happy with this machine until I hit an extension cord. If you don't hit an extension cord, you may be very happy with this machine. Knowing what I know now about the construction, I could not recommend it to a friend.
My daughter took my 10 year old 8hp, 26" snow blower that was similar to the Craftsman for her home; giving me the excuse to buy a new one. Although both machines were about the same dimensions, the Craftsman does my drive in less than half the time. Why ? The power steering. It spins the machine effortlessly, saving my aching back, from muscling the old beast. Does a great job and even starts with just one pull, although the electric start is there if you prefer.
This snowblower was fast and easy to assemble (15 minutes). My son used it right away to clear the paved driveway and walkways around our house. The ability to change the direction of the thrower is a real plus.I expect that we will use this snowblower often this winter!
excellent choice...finally boroke down and purchased one....easy to set up...easy to start...haven't even tried the electric start....does a great job...should have bought this years ago....would have saved lots of shoveling!!!...so far no problems....
- FREE DELIVERY on Craftsman Gas Snow Blowers over $579 sold by Sears. Valid until 10/4. Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Online Only! EXTRA 5% off Craftsman snow blowers/throwers sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 04-Oct-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over 299 with Sears card. Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.