|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||12 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||21|
|Color and Styling:|
|Clearing Width (In.):||26|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||204|
|Number of Rotor Blades:||4|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||No|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||208|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||15 in x 5 in X-Trac|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Move more snow with a more powerful engine and save time out in the cold. This 26 in. Craftsman® Dual-Stage Snowblower has a 208cc* 4-cycle OHV engine, EZ Steer for better maneuverability and 4-way chute control.
- 208cc* 4-cycle OHV Craftsman® engine provides more power, longer life, and improved fuel economy - no mixing of gas and oil required. Move more snow with a more powerful engine and save time out in the cold
- Push-button electric start allows for easy and sure starts in cold temperatures
- 26 in. clearing width and 21 in. intake height lets you clear more snow with each pass, ideal for medium to large paved and gravel driveways and sidewalks
- 12 in. serrated steel auger and 12 in. impeller breaks up hard-packed snow and discharges heavy, wet snow
- 6 forward and 2 reverse, power-propelled speeds save time and energy, allowing operator to adjust speeds to match need
- Trigger controlled EZ Steer system allows operator to turn unit with ease, increasing maneuverability while reducing user fatigue and time
- 4 Way chute control - 190 degree chute rotation and pitch control with the ease of a joystick to discharge the snow where you want it, without leaving the operator's position
- Extended chute design keeps a tighter discharge pattern to increase throwing distance and reduce snow blow back
- 15 in. x 5 in. X-Trac tires provide superior traction in heavy snow conditions
- Deluxe Glide-Tech™ skid shoes eliminate garage rust stains and driveway damage, by sliding along pavers and bricks
- Single hand operation eliminates starts and stops, freeing up a hand for on-the-go adjustments
- Mitten-grip starter handle - easy to grasp and turnover recoil start while wearing gloves
- Plow style handles for comfort and control with panel design for convenient shear pin storage
- 2-year limited warranty
- Limited lifetime warranty on upper and lower chute
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
So I bought the snow blower on 12/26/2010 from the Middletown NY store. I assumed Craftsman products were solid, well built tools from a name I could trust. Sears and Crartsman. Right?
Wrong. My snow blower is dead after 1 season. The engine and carburator are rusted out so bad that it?s a total loss. I could not get it started on Oct 30, 2011, I removed the gas and oil in the spring, Garage kept, well maintained. I have good documentation, showing storage and maintenance. I used fuel stabilizer. Get this, Sears product repair services denied me warranty coverage. What?s more, they said the denial was due to customer neglect, improper storage, a tech from Long Island NY, a man I never met, said I improperly stored my snow blower.. Now I?m in the process of appealing the claim internally, next externally. What a mess. First a bad product, now terrible service. Booooo Sears?
Just saying, telling it like it is?.
@Sears, look it up, Service order 40154483 from Middletown NY store.
Bought new from Sears in 2010 a 7HP Snowblower. It struggles with throwing 3 inches of slush. 12 inches of dry snow would through 5 feet. Blew drive gear which is made from nylon..... $220 for another nylon assembly.... Really???? Add $200 for labor to have a mechanic to fix it?? Not for me. Save yourself some trouble and buy a Toro or Ariens which both have metal gears with 5 year warranty....
Oyster Bay, NY
North Olmsted, OH
Massapequa Park, NY
I have used this snowblower twice now, both times in snow over 18 inches deep with drifts up to 3 ft. I am so pleased with how this blower handles. Being a female, I was concerned with the weight, but this machine is very easy to handle. The power steering is worth every penny. The guys at Sears took it out of the box and managed to fit it into my SUV. I found it easy to put together and start up was a breeze; I didn't even use the electric starter--I just pulled on the manual pull and varooom......it started right up. I was finished in less than an hour; the second time, finished in 40 mins. LOVE LOVE LOVE this snowblower! I have nothing negative to say. And although it is 26 inches, making it sound large, it fits nicely into my 2-car garage. I am very happy with my purchase!
The snowblower was easy to assemble, is very powerful and works well. The craftsmanship is very good and I am very happy with the machine. Just be aware, I bought the machine at the store, they didn't have any in the warehouse, so I had to get it home myself. Be sure you have a large enough vehicle to haul it. The box is big. A truck bed is best but we actually got it home in the back of a Jeep Patriot by removing it from the box at the store. I am very pleased with the machine.
the 208cc engine just won't run smooth unless choke is on part way. i ran it out of gas at end of last year and use stabil and carb cleaner to no avail. the stamped blades on the auger pick up snow as you go along reducing how far you can throw the snow. silicone has to be applied on a dry machine before every use to make it throw snow without clogging build-up in machine. if buying a new blower make sure it has flat blades in a larger auger and a different engine that has easy maintenance.
Salt Lake City, UT
We had some snow that slid off a sloped carport roof. When it hit it turned into concrete almost waist high and two cars wide. My son tackled the pile, and the blower chewed through it in about 40 minutes. Cost us one shear pin, but what-the-hey! A great machine! And EZ steer is the bomb! Don't buy a S/B without it!
"Rapid Ready" instructions were not as clear as they could have been with regard to attaching the chute. Otherwise, instructions were good. Snowblower started immediately and was easy to use.