Craftsman 27cc* 2-Cycle Straight Shaft WeedWacker™Gas Trimmer.Item# 07171120000 | Model# 71120
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12.75|
|Shaft Length (in.):||57|
|Accepts Blade Accessory:||Yes|
|Extra Spool Included:||Yes|
|Trimmer Type:||Line trimmers, gas|
|Cutting Swath (in.):||14|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Spool or Line Part Number:||#85908/#85909|
|Bulk Line Part Number:||#85913/#85636|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||85790|
|Job Size:||Small, Medium, Large|
|Speed Start Capable:||Yes|
|Color/Finish:||Black, Powder coated steel frame|
|Fuel Type:||Gas/oil mix|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||0.31|
|Starting System:||2 Step|
|Line Feed Type:||Hassle Free|
|Line Exit Type:||Dual|
|General Warranty:||2-Year Consumer/10-Year Shaft|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Craftsman 27cc Gas Trimmer: Maintain a Lawn You’ll Want to Show Off
The Craftsman 27cc 2-Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker boasts an Exclusive 360-degree rotating handle for enhanced comfort and control. It's equipped with a full-crank engine desgined to reduce vibration and extend engine life.
Featuring Craftsman's Best starting system with the 2-step choke (simply prime and pull) and Incredi-Pull (pulling the rope easier to start), this unit will start up in seconds. Also featured is Speed Start technology, which eliminates the pull rope allowing for push-button starting capability using any of the 3 optional starters (sold separately). A Straight shaft design offers enhanced reach and is more comfortable for taller users. The Universal yard tool attachment system will convert the trimmer into an edger, cultivator, blower, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, pole saw and many more. An aluminum hassle-free cutting head is more durable and easy to load with XQ-shaped .110 in. or .130 in. line. A deluxe guard provides advanced debris protection.
- The Craftsman 27cc 2-Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker is great for small, medium and large jobs
- Easy 2-step starting - Simply prime and pull
- 27cc full-crank engine - Reduced vibration an extended engine life
- Exclusive 360 degree rotating handle - Provides superior comfort and control
- Speed Start Technology - Push-button starting with no pulling required
- Aluminum Hassle Free cutting head - Easy to load with XQ shaped .110/.130 in. line diameter
- Universal yard tool attachment system - Converts the trimmer into an edger, pole-saw, hedge trimmer, blower, cultivator, power broom and many more
- Straight shaft - Extended reach and more comfortable for taller users
- 2-year full warranty protecs your investment
- 10-year limited shaft warranty
*As rated by the engine manufacturer
Added on November 02, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
West Jordan, UT
This trimmer has the fastest pull start I've ever encountered. The 27cc engine might be a little light for tall weeds and grass, but for fast edging around a maintained yard, it does a great job. I'm hoping the Craftsman branding will live up to the legend.
I purchased this 27 cc 2-cycle straight shaft weedwacker from Sears.com because I am a loyal craftsman brand fan. All of my tools are craftsman because I believe in the quality of the brand, and the great support that Sears offers.
Corpus Christi, TX
I had a Shindaiwa commercial grade trimmer that would tear up anything that you pointed the head at. I was about to do my yard, and it wouldn't start. Figured out it had piston ring problems. I was satisfied with a Craftsman mower i had just bought, so i decided to stick with Craftsman. Headed down to the Sears store and picked up the best 2-stroke they had. $170 for the trimmer, premix, line, and starter bit vs. the $300 i had spent on my trimmer 10 years ago. Right out of the box, after 2 pulls it fired right up, used it for two hours straight. Works fantastically. More than enough power, the stock aluminium head takes very thick line, or should i say "cable". Just as good as my commercial grade trimmer, not better, but its a close second. Its not too heavy, but when using it, you can tell you're carrying extra weight. If you're going to use the speed starter bit, make sure you have a decent drill, and that its charged up. I recommend using gloves and eye protection when weilding this bad boy. Also, the premix they sell at Sears it awesome, but trufuel works good too.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Ocean Shores, WA
I've owned about every name brand, 2 cycle, 4 cycle, and electric. Used to own 15 ac, and wore them out. The last Sears weedeater I owned, I felt was cheap, and didn't last long. Over the winter someone broke into my shed and stole my yard tools, so it was time for a new one. I wasn't even going to give Sears a chance from my last experience. However I checked out a "top ten" weedeater review and they had the sears 4 cycle as the best. I thought I'd check it out before I bought an Echo or other brand name, being I was so close to Sears store. Well it seemed to be built much better than the old one. Debated on 2-cycle vs 4 cycle, and went with the 2 being the 4 was just heavier. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. This is the best equipped, and solid feeling one I've owned. VERY happy with purchase. Love the easy string replacement. I never liked those supposed auto feeders, they never worked long for me.
I have always trusted Sears products but this is one that Sears should be ashamed of. I bought this at the end of last Summer with disastrous results. It won't stay running, "IT WON'T STAY RUNNING" ! I've adjusted the carb with no changes in the bog down attitude. Sears should take care of their loyal customers and fix this widespread problem or give a refund or an exchange. At the very least, Sears Do Something to keep your customers....LOYAL.
We just moved into a house and the previous renters really let the backyard go!!! The backyard is roughly 3,600sqft and the grass was about 3.5ft tall, with all sorts of weeds everywhere. So there was no way I was going to be able to mow it. I purchased this in store, and right out of the box assembly was super simple. I filled it with the gas you can buy at sears, and it started right a way, and surprisingly it literally cut about 3,000sqft off of one tank! And I was running it on high the entire time, and it took about an hour and a half before it ran out of gas. I did have to replace the weed eater line once, but thats because I hit a really thick stump that was hidden in the grass. I noticed some people complained that you are only able to run it on high with no low speed setting, which I kind of noticed. But I was not wanting/ trying to run it on a low setting, and I don't ever think I would want to run it on a low speed. I was hoping I could post pictures, to show the before and after. But all in all it made really nice clean cuts, it got the job done, I didn't need any special attachment. I am defiantly happy with my purchase, and I'm sure you will too. And if your worried about it not working or breaking in a few months, don't be a cheapskate and spend the extra 30-40 dollars for the 2-3yr extended warranty. And if you purchase an item and don't get the extended warranty and lose the receipt don't get mad at the place you bought it from if it breaks. Don't be an idiot and lose your receipt, and realize that MFR warranty doesn't really cover much.
I bought this trimmer thinking I was buying the usual great craftsman product. Boy was I wrong! This is the worst weedeater I have ever owned. Once you get it started ( it takes a while) you have to stop and replace the string after minimal trimming. It has to be run full throttle to cut any weeds.. Constant string replacement.. This trimmer has more one star ratings than five stars for a reason, Don't buy it! I wish there was a zero star rating! This trimmer deserves it!
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Family & Friends! Get an Extra 10% Off OR Members choose 20% back in points on items in Checkout. Offer ends 05-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with lawn & garden purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get 2-Pack Decorative Pillows for $12.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get sentiment pillows for $9.99, reg price $24.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get watercolor animial decorative pillows for $7.99, reg price $19.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.
- Get Victoria Classics 650 Thread Count Sheet Set for $14.99 reg price $59.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 09-May-2015 See details.