Specifications & Dimensions
|Edger Type:||Gas edger|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||21.2|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Type:||Double edge|
|Blade Width (in.):||9|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||5|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||29|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||1.75|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
Ratings & Reviews
29cc Wheeled Edger With Speed Start Makes Yard Work, Simple, Efficient, and Affordable
You have no idea how easy it can be to handle the grass on your property until you own the Craftsman 29cc wheeled edger with speed start. You get the handling and maneuverability that you need to manage all types of terrain. It features high torque to enhance the performance, Speed Start Technology to ensure a quick and easy start, and the Incredi-Pull Starting System for more spark and less effort with every start. You get easy, efficient lawn care with the five-position blade adjustment, ergonomic cushioned handle and curb wheel.
The 29cc wheeled edger with speed start is a great addition to any yard work gear collection. Whether you have a small amount of grass that requires minimal monthly maintenance or you have a substantial property that requires weekly grass work, you'll appreciate owning the wheeled edger. With a two-year full warranty, you're guaranteed to have a top-notch lawn for many years to come.
- 29cc 4-cycle engine – high torque with enhanced performance (no mixing of gas and oil)
- Speed Start Power Bit included – push button starting with no pulling required (*requires use of power drill to engage)
- Incredi-Pull™ starting system – recoil design engineered to reduce the starting effort with a slow, smooth pull
- 9 in. steel blade – durable, long-lasting and able to cut through the toughest roots
- Ergonomic cushioned adjustable handle – provides added comfort and control, and easy to store in your garage or shed
- 5 cutting positions – easily adjusts for edging uneven ground and hard to reach roots
- 3 wheel suspension system – provides added control to maneuver around flower beds, sidewalks, and other tight areas
- 2-year full warranty
* Power drill requirements - 14.4v or 1000 rpm fully charged
Added on December 08, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I purchased this edger in April 2010. The first season it started with the pull rope. The beginning of the second season it took the power drill to start and then mid summer it regressed to power drill plus starting fluid to start. Finally it would not start at all. Since it was still under warranty, I took it to the Sears store where purchased. They do not evaluate it where you bought it. They ship it to Dallas. A customer service rep called me about a week later and said it needs a new short block because it was caused by too much or not enough oil. I find this hard to believe since it did not smoke at all. It was only hard to start. The rep could not direct me to anyone higher and said my option was to send it back. After it arrived at the Sears store where I purchased, I spoke with the manager who read from the service report what they found. No leeway. None of we are sorry that our edger is a piece of dung. She did ask if I wanted to purchase a new edger. Are you serious? I told her I will buy one from ********** or ********** said but their warranty is not as good as ours. Geez, how much worse can it be when a warranty is not really a warranty. Bottom line -- I have a Sears lawnmower, blower, power washer and many power tools. But you know what? Never again will I purchase anything from Sears.
I rated this item as excellent as this item we have had one similar to before it is so light weight and easy to start. This is the best brand I have had other brands and none be this. Our sidewalks look so nice and neat looks like we have had a professional company come and do it. I think anyone would love to have this. I love the color as well we have red lawn mower and a red weed whacker. Has a speed star so start fast and east to start. I have always had great success with sears honoring all their products. we live in a neighbor hood where we have sidewalks and we are required to keep up with the yards. I really love the edger and think anyone would love it. Sears has a great return policy to where if you are not satisfied they do not ask questions just simply take but I think you will really like this edger.
Sweet Home, OR
It was nice to find a inexpensive edger for my short driveway. I would have like an adjustable side to side tilt but for this price this will work for me .
Wake Forest, NC
Myrtle Beach, SC
Received the edger for a gift, and it was very easy to put together.Only the handle needed to be screwed on. Easy instructions to follow reguarding the gas and oil and how to start. I could pull the cord and it started up quickly, Cut through the grass with no problems and very light weight.
Easy to assemble and great instructions. Followed instructions and it started right up. Use it for my long cement driveway. Easy starts with the pull rope and don't need the "speed start" it came with. Like the 4 cycle as there is no oil to mix.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.