Specifications & Dimensions
|Edger Type:||Gas edger|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||21.2|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Blade Type:||Double edge|
|Blade Width (in.):||9|
|Number of Cutting Positions:||5|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||29|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Adjustable Cutting Depth:||Yes|
|Maximum Cut Depth:||1.75|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
Ratings & Reviews
29cc Wheeled Edger With Speed Start Makes Yard Work, Simple, Efficient, and Affordable
You have no idea how easy it can be to handle the grass on your property until you own the Craftsman 29cc wheeled edger with speed start. You get the handling and maneuverability that you need to manage all types of terrain. It features high torque to enhance the performance, Speed Start Technology to ensure a quick and easy start, and the Incredi-Pull Starting System for more spark and less effort with every start. You get easy, efficient lawn care with the five-position blade adjustment, ergonomic cushioned handle and curb wheel.
The 29cc wheeled edger with speed start is a great addition to any yard work gear collection. Whether you have a small amount of grass that requires minimal monthly maintenance or you have a substantial property that requires weekly grass work, you'll appreciate owning the wheeled edger. With a two-year full warranty, you're guaranteed to have a top-notch lawn for many years to come.
- 29cc 4-cycle engine – high torque with enhanced performance (no mixing of gas and oil)
- Speed Start Power Bit included – push button starting with no pulling required (*requires use of power drill to engage)
- Incredi-Pull™ starting system – recoil design engineered to reduce the starting effort with a slow, smooth pull
- 9 in. steel blade – durable, long-lasting and able to cut through the toughest roots
- Ergonomic cushioned adjustable handle – provides added comfort and control, and easy to store in your garage or shed
- 5 cutting positions – easily adjusts for edging uneven ground and hard to reach roots
- 3 wheel suspension system – provides added control to maneuver around flower beds, sidewalks, and other tight areas
- 2-year full warranty
* Power drill requirements - 14.4v or 1000 rpm fully charged
Added on December 08, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is just what we've been looking for to make our lawn the best looking one in the neighborhood. It is easy to assemble, and easy to use. We have tried the trimmer-edger products, and was not very satisfied with those when it comes to neat, clean edges. This uses a nice sharp blade to create beautiful, straight, professional looking edges. It's definitely worth the price we paid for.
I've had it since march, found it is weak, the wheels load up and the blade guard with dirt and grass. smoked the belt after two uses. and still did not complete the property. engine runs poor. would not recommend.
I've owned several craftsman tools and they've all been good. This Has not. Poor customer service at the store, followed by a machine that won't stay running. Bought it last week, trying to do my yard today for the first time and it won't keep running. Taking it back. Going to spend money somewhere else.
I purchased my edger last month and used it for the first time last week. I was surprised that it was so easy to assemble and use. I am in my late 60's and was very easy to start and use. Very pleased with this edger. Thanks, Sandra
Baton Rouge, LA
If your yard has been kept up and edged regularly this will probably keep it up. But if your yard has been neglected at all don't bother with this one. There is a reason the larger ones are always out of stock. I used this for 3 hours and did one half of one side walk about 75 ft. Took it back and bought a different larger edger, different brand and did the whole yard in about 2 hours including redoing the part I did with this one. It works fine just not enough power.
The Villages, FL
you say your blade is hard steel you have to be kidding I took it off to sharpen and its nothing but cold rolled steel. I edge about 150 ft weekly and it wares down to where I have to replace it. I know you think I'm cutting the concrete but I am very careful because I know how soft the steel is.Because of this I can't recommend the whole edger. You need to upgrade the BLADE.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Aug-2014 See details.
- Plus, members get $5 back in points for every $50 you spend in power lawn and garden purchase. Offer ends 02-Aug-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Trimmers sold by Sears. Offer valid thru 8/9/14 Offer ends 09-Aug-2014 See details.