Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Overall Dimensions:||6.6 x 1.1 x 1.1 in.|
|Drive Size:||3/16 in.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.3|
|Shank Length (in.):||2.9|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||Guaranteed Forever|
|Materials & Finish:|
|Material:||Steel with Plastic handle|
Ratings & Reviews
Undo the Hex with the Craftsman 3/16 In. Nut Driver
Use the 3/16 in. nut driver in a variety of electronic, auto mechanic, bicycle mechanic and household jobs when less torque is needed to undo or secure a bolt or a nut. It works as security to keep you from over-tightening either one of them. The driver you need to use looks similar to a screwdriver with a socket wrench on the end. The hexagonal opening on the end of the driver hooks over the nut, and pressure is put on it with the movement of your hand.
The socket and shaft of the Craftsman 3/16 in. nut driver is made of alloy steel, and the straight handle is made of plastic. A color-coded handle makes it easier to find. The nut driver has the Craftsman lifetime guarantee, meaning it can be exchanged for a new one any time something goes wrong with it.
- The 3/16 in. nut driver is used for jobs when less torque is needed to undo or secure a bolt or a nut
- Works as a security measure to keep you from over-tightening a bolt or a nut
- Driver looks similar to a screwdriver with a socket wrench on the end
- Hexagonal opening on the end hooks over the nut
- Socket and shaft is made of alloy steel
- Straight plastic color-coded handle
- Comes with the Craftsman lifetime guarantee
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Overall Rating Breakdown:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
This tool is great! I've put it through handling since purchase and, for the price, its held up like a Snap-on. Why pay the Snap-on price when you could pay the lower price for the same quality. I would definitely recommend this product to others for purchase.
The the 3/16 in. nut driver is the smallest in the line in fractional inch sizes and is the one not included in the zippered case set. It is fine quality and actually a very useful size. Definitely worth getting to finish off that set or on its own merits.
Picked up this nut driver to complete the set, which for some reason lacks this one and the smallest metric nut driver. All of the craftsman nut drivers seem to be well made, and fit the nuts they're supposed to fit.
Green Bay, WI
Craftsman 3/16 in. Nut Driver is an amazing piece. It does the job extremely well. In addition, the Craftsman 3/16 in. Nut Driver is very inexpensive. Great for the tool collection.
GREAT LITTLE NUTDRIVER TO PURCHASE WITH THE 5MM IN ORDER TO COMPLETE THE ZIPPERED CRAFTSMAN SET!! STILL MADE IN THE USA--ALSO, GREAT BUY USING CRAFTSMAN CLUB MONTHLY POINTS!!
I bought this nut driver to complete my 12 pc. driver set. It was a perfect addition and it's nice to have to squeeze into those tight place that I cannot get to with ratchet and socket. Also still made in the USA!
I bought this tool to complete the standard set. I was so glad this was made in USA still. This one has a hard handle and is easy to read. The only thing I think would make it better would be to have the size on the end so you could tell at a glance when sitting in a rack.
I like this product as it provides ample torque for use on nuts and bolts and the hollow shaft allows it to reach nuts that are on longer bolts and have the torque to loosen them!
Mfr. Model # 41977 is one of the two additional drivers you'll need to obtain individually to complement the 12 pc. nut driver set Model# 34555**. There isn't a slot in the case for the extra two drivers, they will fit thou. As of this submission all drivers are MUSA and retain the quality once known of a tool that bore the Craftsman name. Why not just buy the 14 pc set Mfr. Model# 34070 ? Once you price it I believe you'll see why. Get'em While they Got'em, You won't be disappointed !
Mfr. Model # 41977 is one of the two additional drivers you'll need to obtain individually to complement the 12 pc. nut driver set Model# 34555**. There isn't a slot in the case for the extra two drivers, they will fit thou.
As of this submission all drivers are MUSA and retain the quality once known of a tool that bore the Craftsman name. Why not just buy the 14 pc set Mfr. Model# 34070 ? Once you price it I believe you'll see why.
Get'em While they Got'em, You won't be disappointed !
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.