Craftsman 3/8-in. Dr. Beam Style Torque Wrench, 0-75 ft. lbs.Item# 00932999000 | Model# 47713
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.4|
|Torque Drive Size:||3/8 in.|
|Torque Range:||0 to 75 ft. lbs.|
|Torque Increments:||1.0 ft. lbs.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||90 day limited|
Ratings & Reviews
3/8-in Dr Beam Style Torque Wrench Achieves Accurate Readings with Ease
The classic Craftsman 3/8-in dr beam style torque wrench easily and accurately tightens and loosens nuts and bolts on your car, truck, garden tractor, four-wheeler and more. The beam style torque wrench can accurately measure torque in a variety of applications. The attached calibrated scale moves when pressure is applied. Via the indicator, you'll be able to determine when proper torque is achieved. The Craftsman beam style torque wrench features a graduated indicator tip to eliminate parallax error, often an issue with the beam style.
The 3/8-in dr beam style torque wrench from Craftsman contains separate inch and metric scales and has a torque range of zero to 75 pounds. This wrench measures over 16 inches for increased leverage and ease of use. Its black textured handle makes gripping easy, so you can get accurate readings, and the job done right.
- Craftsman 3/8-in dr beam style torque wrench with separate inch and metric scales
- Includes a graduated indicator tip for more accurate results
- 0 to 75 lb. range in 1 ft. lb. increments
- 3/8-inch drive beam style torque wrench measuring 16.08 inches in length
- Tool weighs 1.4 pounds
- Textured black handle provides easy gripping capability
- Ideal for tightening nuts and bolts
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on April 01, 2012
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
I bought this to do a replacement on my car's spark plugs. My prior 3/8th drive didn't have a torque gauge and I have to guess how tight the plugs were being screwed down. This doesn't matter for some cars but for an European sports car, this is very critical. Very happy with this purchase.
This is a good quality torque wrench considering the low cost that I paid for it. It will only see occasional use in my home garage and not be subjected to the daily rigors like when I was a professional mechanic so it should last as long as I need it. I plan on keeping mine in the clear plastic **** shell it came in as a storage case since there are no storage cases specifically designed for beam style torque wrenches offered at my local Sears. I like the wrench enough that I am considering purchasing the 1/2" version.
Los Angeles, CA
Seems to be a good USA made tool. Have used it a few times and am very satisfied with it and the price. Good value substitute for the expensive click type wrenches for the do it your selfer.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Seems to work but I would be interested to see how it compares to a dial type torque wrench at lower torques because right out of the packaging, the beam wasn't at zero. Other than that, simple design and if accurate at all the whole torque range it seems useful to me.
This is the third torque wrench I've bought including a Sears non-beam model that froze up after many years of unuse. The beam model will obviously not do this. The disadvantage is that it's often hard to read the dial while you are applying torque. It worked well at 30-40 N-m on an FSA bicycle bottom bracket. Another comment says the N-m and ft-lb scales do no match but on the real thing 47.5 N-m and 35 ft-lbs align. I think the previous reviewer was looking at the picture which was taken at an angle.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.