Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||0.56|
|Drive Size:||3/8 in.|
|General Warranty:||Limited lifetime|
|Quick Release System:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
The 3/8 In. Drive Ratchet is a Garage Essential
From hooking up a new exhaust manifold to putting together one of Grandma’s new furniture purchases, this Craftsman 3/8 in. flex head quick release ratchet gets the job done. Featuring convenient push-button operation and a rock-solid build, this ratchet is ready for tough turns and fast paced work. And since it holds a 36 gear toothed mechanism, this ratchet only requires 10 degrees of swing to rotate fasteners of all kinds. Whether you’re working indoors or out, under the hood or in the shop, this ratchet spins nuts and bolts fast and smooth and pts torque where you need it.
Coated in a protective layer of nickel chrome that shrugs off rust and oxidation, the 3/8 in. drive ratchet’s rugged steel build stays strong for years. And backed by the power of Craftsman’s Forever Guarantee, whether you’re tightening or loosing, building or breaking down, this tool is going to be a part of your set that you can count on for a lifetime. Toss one in your kit and get the job done right.
- Craftsman 3/8 in. flex head quick release ratchet features a tough, torque ready build
- One handed reverse switch means you stay in contact with fasteners while changing directions
- 10 degree ratcheting arc delivers more movement in less space
- Teardrop shape allows better access in tight areas like engine compartments
- Thumb activated quick release swaps sockets with the push of a button
- Guaranteed forever
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is the same ratchet that has been in Craftsman mechanic tool sets for ages...and for good reason! Strong, solid and overbuilt to withstand severe duty, this is the most used ratchet any place I have ever been!
Lower Lake, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Purchase the ratchet to replace a lost/stolen one from a molded plastic tool set. the ratchet appears to be of good quality as craftsman provides. the lower star is because it is the exact same model as the lost/stolen one, but the new one is much smaller at the teardrop head so it does not sit in the plastic mold case properly. instead it flops around and needs to be adjusted overtime the case is opened.
the Craftsman 3/8 in. Drive Quick Release Teardrop Ratchet is a great product with long life. I always rely on Craftsman products and tools to get the job done!
North Brunswick, NJ
I bought this to replace my original Craftsman 3/8 drive quick release teardrop ratchet purchased in the 1980's. I thought it had been lost forever. This new one just didnt seem as good somehow, the mechanism felt cheaper and less precise. I then found my original ratchet and compare the two. Although nearly identical in appearance, this new one has a looser mechanism than the much older unit! I'm glad I found my old one.
This was my ratchet of choice until here recently. As soon as I picked up a new one at the store I knew something was different. It felt cheap looked cheaper and didn't work as smooth as all the others I had before. I turned it over to get a better look and seen the words MADE IN CHINA.
New Freedom, PA
I got this item in the 283 piece tool set and it seemed to work fine at first but after only 3 months getting used like 2 times a week it gave up and is so hard to turn and it doesn't even ratchet anymore without 50lbs of torque on it. Very disappointed!
I went to buy some new ratchets today and seen they were made in CHINA! From now on ill no longer buy craftsman tools since they are cheaply made in CHINA. Im now buying S and K tools which are MADE IN THE USA. Shame on you Craftsman!
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.