Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||1.6|
|Overall Dimensions:||8 in.|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Ratchet Drive Size:||3/8 in.|
|Maximum Torque (ft-lb):||20|
|Tool Air Inlet Size:||1/4 in.|
|Tool Min. Hose Size:||3/8 in.|
|Average Air Consumption (CFM):||3.6|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman 3/8-in. Mini Air Ratchet Wrench Navigates Under Hoods Filled with Tight Spaces
This Craftsman 3/8-in. mini ratchet wrench from Sears packs a lot of ratcheting power into a small and well-designed tool. This 3/8-in. mini ratchet wrench is powerful, generating 20 ft/lb. of torque and 250 rpm free speed. While it may be powerful, it runs smoothly thanks to a twin pawl ratcheting mechanism. It's quiet, too, with a built-in silencer and rear exhaust that reduces noise.
This Craftsman 3/8-in. mini ratchet wrench is heavy in user-friendly features (for example, a laser-etched size indicator makes sure you grab the right tool every time), but it's light in weight. The tool, which has a comfortable ergonomic throttle, features a composite housing for a lightweight feel at just 1.6 pounds. It's a handy tool for jobs both big and small. This ratchet features a unique sealed ratchet head design which prevents the ratchet head from spreading under extreme loads.
- This Craftsman 3/8-in. mini ratchet features a composite housing for a lightweight tool, which weighs only 1.6 pounds
- Ergonomic throttle for your comfort
- Features a unique sealed ratchet head design which prevents the ratchet head from spreading under extreme loads
- A laser-etched size indicator makes sure you grab the right tool
- Generates 20 ft/lb. of torque and 250 rpm free speed
- 3.6 CFM average air consumption
- Air inlet size: 1/4 in.
- Minimum hose size: 3/8 in.
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Craftsman 3/8 in. Mini Ratchet Wrench is a great ratchet for a great price. It is not intended as a breakover bar as some try to use it for, but it was a good addition to my tool chest. I like it, because, it's fast & and takes over a lot of the work load for you. It is light weight, yet strong. If you keep this thing oiled before each use, it will last a long time. I use it for auto work around the house. My kid's cars keep me pretty busy keeping them going & I think that I use my air ratchet more on their cars, than I do on my cars. I also use this air ratchet in my shop on small engine repairs working on sand buggies. I have both shallow and deep well sockets to use for this ratchet. Adding a 3/8" swivel makes this tool more versital and easy to use in those awkward spots that you may need. I have a set of extentions for when the need arises as well. With the sockets, swivels, & extentions, you can get in a lot more spots than one would think. This impact is a regular tool that I use & would recommend to any shop. The only thing I don't like is the exhaust port, but other than that, I have no complaints. Make sure to use teflon tape when putting on your air connection & you will have a leak free connection. Keep it clean, oiled, & dry and you should have no issues with durability on this air ratchet.
Saint Paul, MN
Used it 3 years in heavy auto repair with no problems. The teeth on the pawl(s) sheared off. When the replacement parts come I will rebuild and continue using this air ratchet over my $250 IR 3/8
Saint Peters, MO
I bought this ratchet for work being done on my daughter's Mustang (replace exhaust manifold). I decided to buy this when I discovered my full sized pneumatic ratchet was too big 'round to fit in the space I needed to get too. This was perfect! Aside from losing its Craftsman label on one side, it has performed well!
Maple Shade, NJ
this ratchet has good power and is way cheaper than some of the other ratchets available for triple or more the price. the only drawback in my opinion is the plastic paddle. which must be handled somewhat carefully.
Swartz Creek, MI
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra Savings on select tools Sold by Sears! Offer ends 29-Nov-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.