Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||1558|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||20.5|
|Number of Handles:||1|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Standard steel slide|
|Number of Drawers:||3|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest for on-the-go handymen.
When you're on the job, you want your best tools right by your side. The Craftsman 3-Drawer Portable Chest comes with a flip-up top and three sliding trays to keep all your screwdrivers, socket sets and pliers within easy reach. This red, steel tool-chest is designed for the handyman on-the-go. It keeps your tools safe, secure and instantly portable. The sliding drawers open and close easily, even under heavy loads, and they lock automatically when the lid is closed, so you don't have to worry about your tools falling out when transporting this chest.
The Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest is built tough with the professional in mind. The heavy-duty draw bolt latches keep lid closed and provide excellent security, but you can also add a padlock just to be on the safe side.
- Craftsman 3-Drawer Portable Chest has a comfortable top handle for easy carrying
- Drawers lock automatically when lid is closed
- Full-extension compound-action drawer slides open and close easily under heavy loads
- Hasp and staple for padlocks gives extra security
- Heavy-duty draw bolt latches keep lid closed and provide excellent security
- Heavy-duty storage unit built tough with the professional in mind
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Mount Holly, NC
I got this for my dad... and he loves it so much! It was like watching a kid opening a present at Christmas. :) The quality, size, and durability are all up to Craftsman standards, exceeding my expectations.
Sioux City, IA
My father bought me this chest in or around 1994 while I was in high school. I took it to college to use as a lock-box in the dorms, and I still use it to this day as a portable tool box. While I have since outgrown this chest, it was a perfect starter chest. I recently bought the very same chest for my son. Hopefully he will enjoy it and use it as much as I did. The chest is very solid construction. I have been certain at times that the top handle would break from the weight of the chest when fully loaded. Yet, 20 years later it looks and works like new. The drawers still lock when the top cabinet is closed and they slide like new. I would strongly recommend this chest as a starter tool box or a portable chest.
Port Jervis, NY
Very well constructed tool box, featuring three slide out drawers and a generous top storage area for bigger hand tools. Comes with a locking latch on end end and locl latch to accomendate a padlock. Excellent buy!
This was a great purchase at a great price. Solid construction! Love the Craftsman line of products and think highly of the quality in the product itself. Would recommend!
Havre de Grace, MD
Montgomery Village, MD
I bought this for my husband to keep his small tools in. He is delighted with it, especially with its solid construction. We were both surprised by its weight, solid metal.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.