Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||1788|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||14|
|Color/Finish:||Red/black / Textured|
|Number of Handles:||3|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Standard steel slide|
|Number of Drawers:||3|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest is perfect for the DIY handyman.
Lightweight yet durable tool storage for DIY handymen or the professional on the go, the Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest keeps your tools secure, organized and ready to work. Weighing only 15.6 pounds, this hard plastic chest comes with three full-extension metal drawers to organize your growing tool collection and take it with you wherever you need it.
The Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest features three 17-7/8 inch drawers, two heavy-duty draw-bolt latches and a large top compartment to hold your most frequently used tools. The comfort grip handle makes it easy to carry to the jobsite or around the home where a number of projects are always waiting to be completed. Constructed with impact-resistant plastic, this red tool chest resists scratches and dings - not only will your tools continue to look and work great, but your tool chest will too.
- Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest offers 1,788 cubic inches of storage
- Plastic shell is lightweight yet durable and won't scratch or mar surfaces
- 3 full-extension metal drawers with standard steel slides organize tools
- Comfort-grip top handle for easy carrying
- Large top compartment provides storage space for larger supplies
- Full-length metal hinge pin for strength
- 2 heavy-duty draw-bolt latches each with padlock eye (padlock sold separately)
- Overall dimensions: 23" W x 10-1/2" D x 13-1/2" H
- Drawer dimensions: 17-7/8" W x 7-1/2" D x 2-1/8" H
- Weight: 15.6 lbs. (7 kg)
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
From the moment I first picked this up I knew this was not the box for me. I already own the all-metal version of this box and it has been a very strong box over the thirty plus years I have owned it. Many time I thought of replacing it with a lighter weight version and now that I have it I can't wait for it to go back to the store.
Just so you don't think I'm unfairly judging a book by its cover, I did, in fact, load this box up with the same tools I have in my old box and then tried it out for a day or so. I quickly decided that the amount of flexing the handle did in the top was enough to make me wonder just how long it will be before the handle breaks off or, worse, the plastic lid breaks apart causing all that weight to fall on my foot!
The metal drawers are held in place on a flexing plastic cleat and they feel like they're going to fall out any second.
Overall this box isn't a solid fell for the weight of the tools it can hold. Good news it, it won't rust.
GREAT TOOL BOX VERY HEAVY DUTY FOR MANY USES FOR ME ITS A GREAT BOX FOR ALL MY TOOLS I KEEP IN MY TRUCK. PLENTY OF ROOM TO CARRY A 350 TOOL PIECE SET IN THIS WONDERFUL CRAFTSMAN BOX ALSO COMES WITH LOCKING DRAWERS SO NO TOOLS ARE LEFT BEHIND
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
good solid box. i have it fully loaded and the handle is very sturdy. i see this thing lasting a very long time.
This box is okay but not quite the quality I have come to expect from Craftsman, it has adequate space for whatever tools you might require for a particular job but once you get some weight in the drawers they are a bit difficult to open and close, other than that the tool box does what it needs too.
Los Banos, CA
I bought this tool box 7 or 8 years ago and loaded it with 60 lbs of mechanics tools. I was so impressed that I bought another one for my son for Christmas!
I love my tool box. I am an avid seamstress and this works great for my needs. My son had asked for one for Christmas and when I was shopping for him I thought it was great for my needs also. Husband bought it for me.
- Members get 3% in points or with Sears Card get 10% in points. Offer ends 26-Dec-2013 See details.
- FREE shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 24-Dec-2013 See details.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card. Offer ends 31-Dec-2013 See details.
- Spend $199 in tools from Sears and enroll in the Tool of the Month - www.sears.com/toolofthemonth Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Family & Friends Event! Extra 10% off Select Tools Sold by Sears! Valid thru 12/10/2013 9am. Offer ends 09-Dec-2013 See details.