Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Capacity cu. in.:||1788|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||14|
|Color/Finish:||Red/black / Textured|
|Number of Handles:||3|
|Drawer Slide Type:||Standard steel slide|
|Number of Drawers:||3|
|Materials & Finish:|
Ratings & Reviews
Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest is perfect for the DIY handyman.
Lightweight yet durable tool storage for DIY handymen or the professional on the go, the Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest keeps your tools secure, organized and ready to work. Weighing only 15.6 pounds, this hard plastic chest comes with three full-extension metal drawers to organize your growing tool collection and take it with you wherever you need it.
The Red 3-Drawer Metal Chest features three 17-7/8 inch drawers, two heavy-duty draw-bolt latches and a large top compartment to hold your most frequently used tools. The comfort grip handle makes it easy to carry to the jobsite or around the home where a number of projects are always waiting to be completed. Constructed with impact-resistant plastic, this red tool chest resists scratches and dings - not only will your tools continue to look and work great, but your tool chest will too.
- Craftsman 3-Drawer Metal Chest offers 1,788 cubic inches of storage
- Plastic shell is lightweight yet durable and won't scratch or mar surfaces
- 3 full-extension metal drawers with standard steel slides organize tools
- Comfort-grip top handle for easy carrying
- Large top compartment provides storage space for larger supplies
- Full-length metal hinge pin for strength
- 2 heavy-duty draw-bolt latches each with padlock eye (padlock sold separately)
- Overall dimensions: 23" W x 10-1/2" D x 13-1/2" H
- Drawer dimensions: 17-7/8" W x 7-1/2" D x 2-1/8" H
- Weight: 15.6 lbs. (7 kg)
Added on July 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
From the moment I first picked this up I knew this was not the box for me. I already own the all-metal version of this box and it has been a very strong box over the thirty plus years I have owned it. Many time I thought of replacing it with a lighter weight version and now that I have it I can't wait for it to go back to the store.
Just so you don't think I'm unfairly judging a book by its cover, I did, in fact, load this box up with the same tools I have in my old box and then tried it out for a day or so. I quickly decided that the amount of flexing the handle did in the top was enough to make me wonder just how long it will be before the handle breaks off or, worse, the plastic lid breaks apart causing all that weight to fall on my foot!
The metal drawers are held in place on a flexing plastic cleat and they feel like they're going to fall out any second.
Overall this box isn't a solid fell for the weight of the tools it can hold. Good news it, it won't rust.
It's not worth the 50$ Have had one I bought as a package came with tools, first time I open it and closed it the middle drawer would not got close all the way and the lock mechanism in the back of the box bent the back of the drawer so that the lock will not engage. then about four months ago went to pick iup and the center handle popped off, it's top heavy and prone to fall over and all the drawers will spill out if open. Save yourself the headache and buy a steel box this thing just looks nice.
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
With three drawers and room under the lid the 3-drawer has enough capacity for one of the larger tool sets. The drawers are locked when lid is closed. Plastic is strong and durable as I often move the box from my truck to the work place.
Port Orange, FL
I am a handyman by trade and I have tried every brand of plastic box with 3 metal drawers. I currently have 2 of this model. They all have the same common flaw and it is the internal latch system to hold the drawers closed when the lid is shut. They are all made of plastic and they do the same thing the tabs ALL break off and when you pick up the box guess what happens? All of the drawers open and your tools spill out all over the place. My fix is when I am going to lift it out of my truck I wrap a bungee cord around the box to hold the drawers closed. do not get me wrong I like the plastic shell because it is way lighter than the metal boxes. But they should make the internal latch system out of metal. I have two older boxes (can't say the name) that have metal latches and they still work great. The only problem with those units is the drawers are to shallow for all of my needed tools. I just thought you all should know about this flaw.
This tool box came as a part of a package of tools. The tools were worth the $150, so I considered the box as a bonus. I liked the drawers and the organizers that came with the tools, but the box itself was very flimsy. After a couple of months of carrying the box just around the garage, it could not hold the weight of the tools and the handle along with part of the plastic top pulled off. When this box is loaded with tools, it is simply too heavy for an unreinforced single handle on a thin plastic top. Get a metal box.
Bought this tool box to hold all my tools to take to the motocross track. There is plenty of storage room. I still need to get some drawer organizers for the wrenches and sockets but so far it has worked out fine. The drawer locking tabs do feel cheap so I am taking extra care making sure the drawers are all the way in before closing the top.
Overall good item, nice quality, price is right, and it's easy to organize with the three drawers and storage area up top. Only negative is the drawers are not real smooth sliding in and out but a little wd-40 helps.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $20 back in points with a purchase of $150 or more in Home items. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Members get $10 back in points on a qualifying purchase of $75 or more. Items sold by Sears. Offer ends 18-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.