Craftsman 3-Pound Hand-Drilling Hammer with Hickory HandleItem# 00938311000 | Model# 38311
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Head Weight:||3 lbs.|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||3.5|
|Type:||Sledge & Demolition|
|Handle Length (in.):||10|
Ratings & Reviews
Drop 3-Pound Hand-Drilling Hammer on Hardened Nails, Brick Chisels and More
The Craftsman 3-pound hand-drilling hammer is a useful hand tool to add to your collection in the shop or the home garage. A 3-pound steel forged head works well for striking items such as hardened nails, nail pullers, cold chisels and brick chisels. Made by the trusted brand Craftsman, the tool is high quality and durable.
A hickory handle on the Craftsman 3-pound hand-drilling hammer gives the tool a rugged look and is sturdy from job to job. The handle is 10 1/4 inches long, which is a comfortable length for your hand as you grip it. Having a smaller handle makes it easy to store the tool as it does not require a lot of space. The face itself is large so you can tackle large nails or other objects efficiently. Avoid chipping with the crowned face, for the clean strikes that you desire for your projects. The tool weighs 3.5 pounds, so it is comfortable to work with.
- Craftsman 3-pound hand-drilling hammer strikes a range of items well: hardened nails, nail pullers, cold chisels and brick chisels
- Steel forged head with crowned face strikes objects cleanly, without chipping
- Hickory wood handle is durable and strong; it gives the hammer a rugged look
- 10 1/4-inch handle length is comfortable to grasp
- 3.5-pound tool weight is not overly heavy as you use the hammer
- Available for Gift Wrap
Added on May 13, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I only buy craftsman hammers for several reasons. First reason is that they are made in USA. Second reason is they are made with very high quality. Finally, the cost is very reasonable. I bought this hammer to use for flooring and has not disappointed me. I would buy it again if needed.
Los Angeles, CA
This is a good solid hammer. I wanted a stronger hammer to break things around the house. I haven't used it much yet, but it looks and feels very strong (and yes, it probably can break a lot of things around the house).
This is a very good sturdy for big jobs hammer. I have used it to demolish my kitchen and works like a gem. The handle is solid and took down everything I needed with ease.
I picked this up because, surprise, I needed a hammer. However, I needed heavier downswing impact for some pretty big nails. None of this tapping business; I want one and done! This one does the trick.
I haven't used this tool extensively yet but the 3lb weight definitely allowed me to loosen rotors and control arms in the few uses it has had. No wobble and great price.
Bought this as a gift for my brother needed a small sledge for work. After picking up off the shelf, I now want one. Beautiful hickory handle and a price that doesn't scream truck brands!
For us in the female family who need the extra heft a sledge hammer offers this is just the thing. The handle is just long enough to get any job done and the weight is perfect for us who are not able to man handle those jobs. I love it and use it often
Evergreen Park, IL
I still like using wooden handles compared to metal handles. This hammer feels great. I don't spend a lot of time searching through hammers when I am in need, but you really won't go wrong with this hammer. Still made in USA which is good for me.
- Use your Sears Card and Save! Extra 5% off Tool items Sold By Sears when you use your Sears Card Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- ONLINE ONLY! SYW Max Members get $5 back in points with a purchase of $25 or more in Tools. Offer ends 30-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.