Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Length (in.):||36 in.|
|Chain Saw Length:||16 in.|
|File Diameter:||5/32 in.|
|Guide Bar Type:||Sprocket nose|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12.0 lbs.|
|Number of Drive Links:||56|
|Power Type:||110V Electric|
|Included with Item:|
|Extra Chain Included:||Yes|
|Assembly Required:||Fully Assembled|
|Cord Length (Feet):||100|
|Power Cord Gauge, 100 ft.:||14 gauge|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 year limited|
|Meets ANSI Standards:||Yes|
Ratings & Reviews
Choose This 16" Electric Chain Saw for Greater Power
This lightweight Craftsman 16" Electric Chain Saw is extremely easy to handle and maintain. Powered with a 3.5HP electric motor this 12 amp chain saw is a great choice for small jobs around the house. Tool-less chain can be easily adjusted for convenient cutting. Select this powerful saw with efficient chain brake and low kick-back for safe residential use.
This sturdily built and powerful Electric Chain Saw is best suited for trimming and pruning your lawn and light cutting jobs in and around the home. Bar and chain are automatically lubricated by a built-in oiling system for reliable performance day after day. Use the 16-inch guide bar with a sprocket nose to easily cut through logs. Bring home this fully assembled electric chain saw for easy and efficient everyday cutting.
- Powerful electric motor in the Craftsman 16" Electric Chain Saw delivers a peak performance of 3.5HP
- Fully assembled saw comes with an extra chain so that you are well prepared for every situation
- 110V electric motor makes this chain saw quieter and easy to maintain
- Weighing 12 lbs. this lightweight chain saw is easy to move around
- 16-inch guide bar and tool-less chain for ease and efficiency of work
- Automatic oiling keeps chain and bar constantly lubricated
- 36-inch chain saw requires 14 gauge power cord
- Meets ANSI standards
- Available in red/black finish
- Extra chain included
- Item Weight: 12 lbs.
- Two year limited warranty
Added on July 16, 2009
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
My 12-year-old electric craftsman chain saw has finally died for the final time. So I purchased this one to replace it. Bad mistake! After 30 minutes of accumulated use during the day. The following items were noted.
1. Chain falls off drive gear about once every 10 minutes of use. Seems any contamination that gets inside will derail the unit.
2. The no tools adjustment for chain tension is of no value. It loosens up during cutting from vibrations.
3. 7 out of every 10 times you try to start the unit, the chain only sits there while the motor in running full tilt.
4. While cutting branches of at least 1-inch thickness, the chain will just stop while the motor screams on.
5. The chain saw is so over engineered for safety that it is dangerous. The chain break is useless.
I had neighbors come over and try out my new saw. Everyone was disappointed. All reported that the unit was a piece of junk.
We tried every combination of chain slack and chain tension to try and correct the problems encountered.
Nothing seems to work at all.
I have used chain saws, manual saws, power and non-power tools for over 50 years. This is by far the worst device I have found to date.
This is the 2nd time I have purchased this saw as I had my first one stolen from my locked workshop. It's light enough to use in tree pruning as well as in the cutting of larger limbs for firewood.
It cuts wood without any problems. My husband went through a large pile of branches and seemed to just keep moving with no real hassles. The only part that was a little tricky was holding down the safety release while pulling on the trigger, but he learned it fairly easily.
I thought this saw was going to be a beast. Wrong. My old 12" Remington 1.25 hp (with a broken chain adjuster) can cut circles around this saw. This saw is heavy and does not have the power it claims to have. After an hour of use I was worn out from trying to cut down a small tree with it. I took it back and bought another Remington for half the money. The salesman put a clearance sticker on this saw. My wife said, "someone is going to get a good deal on it." I said, "I wouldn't take it if it was free."
Hot Springs Village, AR
Colorado Springs, CO
Electric was a great choice for a very occasional user like myself. I cut down and chopped up a tree for my mom that was growing over a neighbors chimney. The only issue I had was that the safety did not easily unlock so that it would run. Once it ran, it ran great.
Lock would not disengage on the first one. Then, can't find replacement chains. Not even the sales people at the store I bought it from can help me. All the off brand chains I tried are about one link too long.Can't tighten the chain.
Lock would not disengage on the first one.
Then, can't find replacement chains. Not even the sales people at the store I bought it from can help me.
All the off brand chains I tried are about one link too long.Can't tighten the chain.
- Qualifying Orders $59 + SHIP FREE Offer ends 10-Jul-2013 See details.