Specifications & Dimensions
|Color and Styling:|
|Item Type:||Wheel weights|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||65|
|Tire - Chain Fit:||N/A|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Quantity in Set:||2|
Ratings & Reviews
Use the Craftsman Wheel Weight for a Smooth, Safe Ride
Attach these Craftsman 30 lb wheel weights to your tractor, and enjoy a smooth, safe ride. The 30-lb. weights steady your tractor on uneven and slippery winter terrain. Turning around a corner, driving through snow-laden or muddy roads will be smooth and safe with these-traction-enhancing weights. Plus, the extra weight will add stability to your tractor and prevent skidding.
The Craftsman wheel weight is convenient to use, since it can be easily installed and removed. So, attach these weights to the rear wheels of your tractor, and go out and get done with your winter chores. Your ride is sure to be a comfortable one.
- These Craftsman 30 lb. Wheel Weights come as a pair for extra stability
- The wheel weights deliver exceptional traction, while preventing slippage for safety and a more comfortable ride
- They are black in color to match the tone of your tires
- Each wheel weight weighs 30 lbs.
- Some minimal assembly is required
Added on June 15, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
The instructions don't tell you thsat in order to install you have to drill thought the mounting hub as well as the wheel to put the bolts through. They also don't tell you they don't fit. In order to get them to work and not vibrate loose, you have to go to the nearest ***** or ********** and get 6 long threaded bolts, more lock washers, flat washers and nylon thread locking nuts. Two bolts lets the weights go lopsided, putting three on balances it better. Using nuts and washesrs on both sides of the wheel keeps them from coming loose and falling off and also enables them to fit.
I have been mowing my very hilly lawn for the last year and a half and finding that at times I would have to speed up just to get up a hill. This didn't allow for the best of cuts so to remedy my problem I installed these weights. Now I can maintain the same speed the whole time I mow. I installed them myself and found that to be a quick job, but a second set of hands can be helpful.
Caution. I purchase these weights a year ago and they work fine however I have a hilly driveway so this year I decided to add weight, I read the reviews that say they are stackable. This is not the case for all tractors. I ordered a 2nd set and the 3rd paragraph of the directions says do not stack on model 917 lawn and yard tractors which is what I have.(Probably has something to do with the turn tight front wheels).
Had to buy 3 sets before I had enough weight, ended up costing me a fortune but they look great and do what they are supposed to do. I only use them on my 'demo' machine for the look because I had to for our shows at the fair. Gotta look good I guess. On all my real work machines I just slap a pair of Lugghandles on for $40. If you need something pretty these shiny little hubs are the way to go, other wise I'd just stick with the old style luggs, that are cheaper and easier to change.
Saint Ann, MO
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 10% off Tractor Attachments items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 02-May-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $19.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Anvil or Bypass Pruner for $9.99 with any storewide purchase of $25 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.
- Get Cheval Jewelry Mirror for $139.99 reg price $199.99, with any purchase. Offer ends 10-May-2015 See details.