Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||14|
|Shaft Length (in.):||57|
|Package Contents:||Manual, Oil and Line|
|Accepts Blade Accessory:||Yes|
|Extra Spool Included:||Yes|
|Trimmer Type:||Line trimmers, gas|
|Cutting Swath (in.):||14|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Bulk Line Part Number:||85913 - .120"-.130" Shaped Line / 85636 - .105"-.110" Shaped Line|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||Champion RDZ4H|
|Job Size:||Small, Medium|
|Speed Start Capable:||Yes|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||.375|
|Starting System:||Pull Start|
|Line Diameter:||.130 in.|
|Line Feed Type:||Hassle Free|
|Line Exit Type:||Dual|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Full Warranty/10 Year Limited Shaft Warranty|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
Find Your No Hassle Zone With The 30cc 40cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker Gas Trimmer
You just found effortless and powerful with your new Craftsman 30cc 4-cycle straight shaft Weedwacker Gas Trimmer. Built with the quality you expect from Craftsman's years of quality and expertise, this 4-cycle engine delivers high torque and exceptional performance without the inconvenience of having to mix gas and oil. The Incredi-Pull starting system promises to reduce your efforts in getting started with your yard work.
The 30cc 4-cycle straight shaft Weedwacker gas trimmer by Craftsman offers extended reach and adjustable contour handle for additional control and comfort as you get the job done. The Hassle Free cutting head offers an easy to load XQ shaped line that is coupled with a deluxe guard keeping you protected from flying debris. This Weedwacker comes equipped with Speed Start and Universal yard tool attachment capabilities for time saving versatility.
- Craftsman 30cc 4-cycle engine - High torque and enhanced performance (requires no mixing of gas and oil)
- Speed Start Technology - Push-button starting with no pulling required
- Incredi-Pull starting system - Recoil designed engineered to reduce the starting effort with the slow, smooth pull
- Aluminum Hassle Free cutting head - Easy to load with XQ shaped .110/.130 in. line diameter
- Straight Shaft - Provides extended reach and more comfortable for taller users
- Universal yard tool attachment system - Converts the trimmer into an edger, pole-saw, hedge trimmer, blower, cultivator, power broom and many more
- Adjustable contour handle - Ergonomic design allowing for more comfort and control
- Clearview oil reservoir - Easy to fill and maintain
- Full two-year warranty is provided along with a 10-year limited shaft warranty
Added on January 11, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Seems balanced and easy to hold. Starting is not as easy as instructions describe. Threading of new cutting lines is also not as easy as described. However, is does a good job and is light enough to be easy to handle. Like the 4-cycle engine so don't have to add oil to fuel.
I purchased this item in September 13 and only used it 1 or 2 times last year. I only use ethanol-free gas in this trimmer and ensured it was emptied prior to storage for winter. After the first couple of uses this year, it would not run on the number "3" position that it is supposed to, and did not run well on the number "2" position. I took it in to Sears to get it fixed. After 2 weeks I got it back. It ran rough on the number 3 position but worked and I needed to use it. Several weeks later, the pull start would no longer work and it wouldn't run on 3 again and rough on 2 again. Take it back again! Today I went to pick it up and it wouldn't crank AT THE STORE.
I have had this product in for repair 2x for not running properly, I have only used ethanol free gas and stored it with a small amount of gas with storage stabilizer in the ethanol free fuel. The second time I turned it in, the pull crank was broken also. I turned it in for repair a third time as I picked it up from repair because it would not crank at all, just a pop noise, a puff of smoke and nothing else. Now I am told that I have to pay to get the fuel system repaired; sad thing is that it did run when I turned it in, just not good! $90 to $100 repair estimate from Sears.
Had a craftsman 32cc 2 cycle weed eater model 358791580. Unfortunately it died, this was a great weed eater and I wish they would go back and make this model, I would buy it again. I tried 2 of craftsmanship new 2 cycle weed eaters and both did not run good and had throttle lag. Thought I would give this 4 cycle a try. After one use of just my back yard I can say that this weed eater started as it should and ran good and was almost everything I am looking for, except it wasn't as powerful as I expected (but did the job) and it is heavy and off balance, with too much weight at the engine. My arm was starting to get wore out halfway through my backyard and I needed a couple of short break, also needed the strap which just made it awkward for me. Maybe I just need more practice with the strap as I have never needed a strap before. I do not know if I will keep this as it is just too heavy. Gave it 3 stars due to weight/balance issue
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Trimmers sold by Sears. Discount reflected in price shown Offer ends 16-Oct-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over 299 with Sears card. Offer ends 01-Nov-2014 See details.