Craftsman 30 In 357cc Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ Steer, Electric 4-Way Chute ControlItem# 07188396000 | Model# 88396
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||12 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||21|
|Color and Styling:|
|Auger Type:||Serrated steel auger|
|Clearing Width (In.):||30|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||268|
|Number of Rotor Blades:||4|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||357|
|Starter Type:||Push button|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||16" x 6.5" X-Trac|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Bring Easy Operations and Tons of Power to Your Winter Landscape with this 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower
The brawny Craftsman 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower packs a lot of power and is easy to operate. Use the powerful 357cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine to easily crush packed snow from large driveways or sidewalks. Reliable push-button electric start and in-dash LED lights help get the job done in any kind of weather. With easy-to-operate controls, you can adjust the chute rotation and pitch control while on the go.
Use the trigger controlled EZ Steer system on this 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower for easy navigation through snowy terrains. A 12-inch serrated steel auger and a 12-inch impeller work together for effective use on all kinds of snow, ranging from dry powder snow to wet slush. Specially designed extended chute design keeps a tighter discharge pattern to increase throwing distance and reduce snow blow back.
- With Deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes, the Craftsman 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower slides along bricks and pavers to keep your driveway damage-free
- 357cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine helps move more snow quicker
- Trigger controlled EZ Steer technology and large 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires offer better maneuverability and control
- Electric four-way chute control helps adjust its direction along a 190-degree radius and pitch control to discharge snow
- Tool-less drift cutters cut into snow drift and drop snow on the snow thrower's path, for greater efficiency
- Push-button electric start motor offers six forward and two reverse, power-propelled speeds which save on time and energy
- A 30-inch clearing width and 21-inch intake height makes this equipment ideal for use on large paved and gravel paths
- Mitten-grip starter handle is designed for a comfortable grip on the recoil start while wearing gloves
- Available in a black/red finish
- Item Weight: 268 lbs.
- Two-year limited warranty and limited lifetime warranty on upper and lower chute
Added on April 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
We had heavy winds. This had created a dense 3 foot tall snow drift in front of my garage. The drift was too dense for my old snowblower, so I had to chop up the drift with a snow shovel to get my old snowblower to go through the drift. In the process I blew out the transmission on the old snowblower. I got online and ordered the Craftsman 30 in 357cc snow blower. The new snowblower arrived a week later. During the week the drift had melted and refrozen. It was now a 2.5 foot wall of ice. I had my doubts that anything could go through the ice, but I needed to get the new snowblower in the garage, so I pointed it at the wall of ice and hoped for the best. The snow blower went over the wall of ice taking off the top 6 inches. It crushed the ice into slush and threw it about 20 feet. I took a snow shovel and tried to break up the ice. The snow shovel would not go through the ice. So I got out a heavy steel transfer shovel. I was able to break the ice into 12 inch chunks. I then ran the snowblower through the ice chunks. The snowblower crushed the ice into slush and threw it 20 feet away. I am very impressed with the power of this snowblower. The snowblower never bogged down and never plugged up. The only limitation was the ability of the tires to get enough traction to push through the ice. Once the ice was in the blower it would crush the ice and throw it.
I have only used a few times this year so far. But what a difference from up grading from 24". I get the job done in half the time. The EZ steer saves my back, no more trying muscle the machine around to turn, just pull the trigger. Just wish I had it last year!
I bought this in December and only used twice thus far. Machine starts easy without using elec. start. Plenty of power, moves easily and throws the snow a good distance. I thought it did a great job clearing my large driveway in a much shorter time than it took me with my old 27" craftsman.
Bought this machine in October to replace my 25 year old Snapper. Went together very easily. Took if for attest run around the yard and blew leaves everywhere three snow storms so far and it moves everything. This last one was 4 inches of snow followed by pouring rain. The slop coming out the chute would have plugged my old machine. Well worth the money!
Starts easy, runs smoothly and is simple to run! Looking for something that could handle Maine snowstorms and not be a headache to maintain. Very happy with this monster!
I compared this to the Ariens Platinum line and this has more features and costs less. It replaced by last Craftsman that was 15 years old and still running great. A tank to drive, but once you get used to the controls it's great. Electronic chute control Rocks!
This is worth every cent. This will clear a 30x10 foot driveway in minutes. It is too much power for just your ocassional home use. We use this to clear out the parking lot at our restaurant as well. It gets running in 3 pulls max. Only nit pick I have is the steering. Not sure if my wheels are a little off, but you need a some muscles to keep it in a straightline. It's otherwise a snow eating beast.
Extremely pleased with new snow blower, virtually no assembly out of box. Raised the handles and secured, checked the oil filled with gas and started with first pull. Now that's the way it should go! Just waiting for snow.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 28-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 14-Feb-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 23-Feb-2015 See details.