Craftsman 30 In 357cc Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ Steer, Electric 4-Way Chute ControlItem# 07188396000 | Model# 88396
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Impeller Diameter:||12 in.|
|Intake Height (In.):||21|
|Color and Styling:|
|Auger Type:||Serrated steel auger|
|Clearing Width (In.):||30|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||268|
|Number of Rotor Blades:||4|
|Number of Stages:||Dual Stage|
|Single Hand Control:||Yes|
|Skid Shoes:||Deluxe Glide-Tech|
|Materials & Finishes:|
|Auger Material:||Serrated Steel|
|Handle Type:||Deluxe Panel|
|Handles Fold For Easy Storage:||Yes|
|Number of Forward Speeds:||6|
|Number of Reverse Speeds:||2|
|Variable Trigger Speed:||Yes|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||357|
|Starter Type:||Push button|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||16" x 6.5" X-Trac|
|Maximum Chute Rotation:||190 deg.|
|Warranties & Coverage:|
|General Warranty:||2 Year Limited Warranty|
Ratings & Reviews
Bring Easy Operations and Tons of Power to Your Winter Landscape with this 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower
The brawny Craftsman 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower packs a lot of power and is easy to operate. Use the powerful 357cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine to easily crush packed snow from large driveways or sidewalks. Reliable push-button electric start and in-dash LED lights help get the job done in any kind of weather. With easy-to-operate controls, you can adjust the chute rotation and pitch control while on the go.
Use the trigger controlled EZ Steer system on this 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower for easy navigation through snowy terrains. A 12-inch serrated steel auger and a 12-inch impeller work together for effective use on all kinds of snow, ranging from dry powder snow to wet slush. Specially designed extended chute design keeps a tighter discharge pattern to increase throwing distance and reduce snow blow back.
- With Deluxe Glide-Tech skid shoes, the Craftsman 30" Dual-Stage Gas Snow Blower slides along bricks and pavers to keep your driveway damage-free
- 357cc four-cycle OHV Craftsman engine helps move more snow quicker
- Trigger controlled EZ Steer technology and large 16" x 6.5" X-Trac tires offer better maneuverability and control
- Electric four-way chute control helps adjust its direction along a 190-degree radius and pitch control to discharge snow
- Tool-less drift cutters cut into snow drift and drop snow on the snow thrower's path, for greater efficiency
- Push-button electric start motor offers six forward and two reverse, power-propelled speeds which save on time and energy
- A 30-inch clearing width and 21-inch intake height makes this equipment ideal for use on large paved and gravel paths
- Mitten-grip starter handle is designed for a comfortable grip on the recoil start while wearing gloves
- Available in a black/red finish
- Item Weight: 268 lbs.
- Two-year limited warranty and limited lifetime warranty on upper and lower chute
Added on April 20, 2013
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
Extremely pleased with new snow blower, virtually no assembly out of box. Raised the handles and secured, checked the oil filled with gas and started with first pull. Now that's the way it should go! Just waiting for snow.
I did a lot of research before making this purchase. This unit blows everyone in this price range out of the water. The superiority in components is impressive to include the horse power of the motor and the beefy augers. It starts on the first pull every time and is extremely easy to move around.
I am very happy with the overall design of the machine. It handles well and is a pleasure to use. I think Craftsman has a great record for making quality products and they stand by their reputation. I would recommend this product to everyone.
Machine does the job well, however, controlling it leaves a lot to be desired. The chute joystick is over-sensitive in both azimuth rotation and height adjustment. The 1st fwd speed is too slow while the 2nd fwd speed is too fast and the 3rd through 6th fwd speeds are way too fast and not usable. Machine is too heavy and the hand levers are not well designed for good ergonomics.
I have an older version of this item. It is now in its 4th winter. Design flaws: The good: -It starts on the first or second pull always. The only time I use the electric start is to get it running in the fall after sitting all summer. -It's a good size for a large driveway but still compact enough to fit in the garage between the cars. -It seems pretty easy on gas/has a large tank. I can clear my large driveway 3 or 4 times without refilling. The bad: - The chute blocks the head light. So there's always big shadow in front of you. - Head light is not sealed so water can get in and blow out the bulb. I keep a supply of bulbs handy. - The power steering is utterly useless (it works but it is useless). - All of the forward speeds are useless. I only use the lowest for blowing and the fastest for travel. I never use the others. -Gas leaks out the cap very easily. -I had to replace the cable for the drive clutch. I think it was put together wrong because it just shouldn't have twisted like it did. (I bought the blower already assembled) -When I replaced the drive cable I loosed the bracket for the auger cable. Now I can not tighten the bracket because the holes the self tapping screws go into are too loose for the screws to tighten in. I'm currently trying to figure out how to fix this. Other thoughts: I had a 26 inch MTD for years. It was a tank. I never had any problems with it except I needed the electric start. I never could get it to start without it. I knew the same company that makes craftsman also makes MTD so I thought it was a good bet. Boy was I wrong.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 27-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.