Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Capacity:|
|Maximum Till Width (in.):||6 to 9 in.|
|Color and Styling:|
|General Warranty:||2 year full|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||28.0 lbs.|
|Engine Displacement (cc):||31 cc|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
Ratings & Reviews
This compact, yet amazingly tough machine makes tilling a breeze. Its size and fold-down handles makes it fit easily in your garage or the trunk of your car. It has an adjustable tine width from 6 to 10 inches and with a tool-less design, has the power to tackle tough jobs with ease.
- Click here for online brochure
- 31cc *(rated by manufacturer) 2-cycle engine with Incredi-Pull® is powerful yet lightweight
- Incredi-Pull® provides unbelievable starting ease, eliminating endless tugging
- P2 Starting Technology greatly reduces the effort required to start - just prime and pull
- Heavy duty centrifugal clutch provides consistent transmission of power to the tines under varying soil conditions
- Four patented 3-in-1 tines, great for cultivating small gardens, tilling to break up harder soil, and for root cutting to avoid tangling
- Adjustable tilling path from 6 to 10 in. gives user flexibility to till wider rows or between tight spaces
- Folding plow handle assists user in balancing and controlling the tiller and saves storage space
- Lightweight, standard rotating, front tine design is easy to transport and convenient to store
- Two adjustable wheels for added stability and ease of transportation
- Axle handle with rubber grip allows convenient transporting; tiller is easy to lift into and out of raised beds
- No tools required to change or adjust tines - just slide D-clips in and out
- Fully assembed - ready to use out of the box
- Accepts optional Dethatcher kit (292670, Edger kit (29266), and Weight box (29268)
- 2-year full warranty
Added on May 26, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
First , the fuel tank became brittle and cracked. After sitting for a couple years, I fabricated a way to mount a different tank and replaced all the fuel lines, but It wouldn't start. After checking for a spark, I removed the air filter and the carb and cleaned them. put the carb back on and tried again without the filter or housing.still didn't start. Because of all that pulling, the crappy "incred-BULL" pully system broke.Managed to improvise a way to bypass the inner spring and turn the starter pulley to operate as a conventional solid pulley. then I removed the carb again and took it completely apart to give it a deeper cleaning. At this point , I replaced the diaphragm with a spare one from a different Zama carb that uses the exact same part. Got it to start, but in order to keep it running, i had to keep my finger over the air intake hole, regulating the back-pressure. After a few periodic starts and stalls, whatever was obstructing the carb must have passed through. thing finally was running like a champ. took it outside and started tilling a section of lawn, and after about 10 mins, the motor completely broke off the shaft at the weak , cheap, plastic mount. I'm finished messing with this piece of junk. Finished ever buying anything by Craftsman again.
this tiller did OK the first year but not comparable to the mantis after 4 hrs use the first year The second year would not start, changed plugs, fuel ,air filter and cleaned carb with no luck. took it to a mechanic and he could not make it run.
Rio Grande, NJ
After 2 uses of 4 hours each over 2 years, had to get new carb, pull cord and **** plastic pull cord related parts. The cord breaks because there is a plastic, spring-loaded roller assembly that wears through due to friction. The rollers freeze, the cord wears them down, even the plastic shaft inside, almost clean through.
We purchased this tiller for general light duty use. I have had it 2 years and its been serviced already. The pull cord has had to be replaced already. When things get stuck, like rocks they are very hard to clear. My next tiller will be a different brand.
Let?s start off by reminding you that it is a 2 stroke motor, which means you have to mix the fuel. They give you a small bottle to make 1 Gal for starters. This well be more than enough. It is really easy to start, once you prim it. May take a few pulls to get it going. This is NOT a heavy duty tiller as you can read by others, but I just have to say that it can do the job like the Big Boys. You just have to learn how it moves. It well go through small roots 1 1/2" round. Just have to run it easy so it can cut through. Long weeds will get bound up in the tines. It?s very easy to pull off from the tines and clean out, please turn it off when doing this. I'm so glad I bought this tiller, cut my work in half and works like a champ. It's much easier to use than the claw, to till your garden at first. Use the claw after, for easy weed removal. I hope this review helped you in your decision.
I bought this tiller because I didn't have the space to store a bigger one, and only needed it for a small garden. I was worried because I was going to be breaking new ground, and honestly I thought it would be cheaply made because of the price. I have owned this tiller for about a month now and couldn't be happier with it. I tilled up a 16ftx16ft garden and 8 flower beds and never had one issue. This product renewed my loyalty to Craftsman and I later purchased a chainsaw that had some bad reviews, because i figured if it was as good a product as this was people are just stupid!
I've had this machine for about 3 years now. First season, worked great. Second season, hard to start but got it running. This season, no go. Replaced fuel lines, cleaned spark plug, and used an entire can of carb cleaner trying to get it to run. Took the air filter off and used another can of carb cleaner directly in the carberator which made it run a little but it. This is a simple machine and there can only be 2 problems, fuel or fire. It has fire but not getting fuel. Parts to repair would be about $70 which is more than I want to spend on a sub $200 machine. I am going to throw this one out and get the attachment for my weed eater which is run more often and does not have the problems associated with a machine sitting most of the year. On a side note, I'm not an idiot who leaves fuel in a machine that is going to sit in my garage 10 months out of the year. I always use stabil in my fuels, drain my fuel before storage and run them completely out of fuel before storage. I know there are more things I could do to prevent gumming up the fuel system but I feel this should be all I should have to do. Heck, I have a blower I found with fuel in it that sat for years and it started on the 3rd pull.
Los Angeles, CA
Fairfax Station, VA
First of all, it is a 2 stroke motor, which means fuel must be mixed precisely. It is really easy to start. It has some sort of easy pull mechanism. This is NOT a heavy duty tiller, really only for small gardens and flower beds. I did notice that big rock and long weeds will get bound up in the tines, but its easy to pull off the tines and clean out. I am glad I bought this tiller with no regrets and works like a champ. Seems like this tiller has a bigger engine compared to the mantis tiller (31cc v. 21cc) and is considerably cheaper, especially when it goes on sale. It is much easier to use this tiller than pulling weeds by hand. Just as a ROUGH estimate about 17cc = 1 hp.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 30-May-2015 See details.
- Online Only! Extra 5% off Tilers items sold by Sears. Reflected in price shown. Offer ends 25-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-May-2015 See details.