Craftsman 31cc* 2-Cycle Straight Shaft WeedWacker™ Gas TrimmerItem# 07179440000 | Model# 41BD766C799
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||12|
|Shaft Length (in.):||57|
|Accepts Blade Accessory:||No|
|Extra Spool Included:||No|
|Trimmer Type:||Line trimmers, gas|
|Cutting Swath (in.):||17|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Spool or Line Part Number:||#85848|
|Bulk Line Part Number:||#85904/#85621/#85614/#85910|
|Spark Plug Part Number:||85790|
|Job Size:||Small, Medium|
|Speed Start Capable:||No|
|Color/Finish:||Red, Powder coated steel frame|
|Fuel Type:||Gas/oil mix|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (qt.):||0.41|
|Starting System:||Traditional 7 Step|
|Line Diameter:||.095 in.|
|Line Feed Type:||Bump|
|Line Exit Type:||Dual|
|General Warranty:||2-Year Consumer/10-Year Shaft|
|CARB Compliant:||CARB Compliant|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Gas Weedwacker & Trimmer Makes Yard Work a Pleasure
Sears makes yard work a breeze with the Craftsman 31cc* 2 Cycle Straight Shaft WeedWacker Gas Trimmer. This trimmer is Universal attachment capable, giving you everything you need and then some to help you get through yard work quickly and more efficiently. It can be used as an edger, blower, pole saw, cultivator, and more.
With the Incredi-Pull starting system, the Craftsman Gas WeedWacker & Trimmer starts like a dream without the effort required to start up most other trimmers. Actually, everything about this trimmer has been designed to make things easier for you, right down to the adjustable, easy-grip handle that has been ergonomically designed with your comfort in mind. It also features a deluxe guard that provides you with advanced protection from debris. Craftsman has left no stone unturned in the design of this WeedWacker.
- The Craftsman 31cc 2 Cycle Straight Shaft Weedwacker & Trimmer has been designed with comfort in mind, making this one of the easiest and most versatile tools you'll ever work with
- Incredi-Pull starting system ensures a quick and easy start with just one smooth and slow pull
- The straight shaft offers and extended reach that's comfortable for all heights
- Adjustable handle has been ergonomically designed for your maximum comfort
- Capable of being a Universal yard tool (edger, blower, pole saw, cultivator, hedge trimmer, etc.)
- Extra debris protection thanks to a deluxe guard
- Includes a 2-year full warranty and a 10-year limited shaft warranty to protect your investment
*As rated by the engine manufacturer
Added on November 08, 2011
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
King George, VA
Used this weedwacker for one season (2013)...started having starting problems before the grass cutting season was over. Has not started at all this cutting season (2014)....a piece of JUNK...I am about ready to let Sears go FOREVER.
Every time I pick this thing up I think to myself, "Man, I'm glad I bought this one." It starts easily usually on the 1st or 2nd pull. Even after sitting 6 months over the winter it started right up 2 years in a row. I'm glad I went with the larger engine over one of the smaller ones as it has plenty of power and I'm not sure a 25cc would work as well. The straight shaft and bump feed head are what I grew up using so this one is no different. I am not someone who is gentle on their tools and this thing hasn't seemed to mind so far. I haven't tried any of the other attachments but I'm glad that the option is there.
Broken Arrow, OK
Picked this up on sale...it's probably good for one heavy season, but will likely be replaced with a more substantial weedeater. I have not had the best of luck with the last 2 Craftsman weedeaters, although they have been the cheapest straight shafts they offer. I will spend a bit more on something that will last longer next time I buy.
Use thicker string, works well. Only downside...not much on the spool if working on an area against brick or fencing so had to stop and add additional string.
Fort Wayne, IN
I bought one and used it 3 times and it locked up on me after only 2 weeks. I returned it and had to order another replacement. this one lasted only about 4 times before doing the same thing, but because it was just outside the return policy I had to send it in for repairs. they told me that the repair costs are more than double what I paid and I told them that I did not want another one and they are suppose to be replacing it with the next model up. Let's see if they come through with that!
Los Lunas, NM
Used this unit about 8 times and now the head won't spin. Took unit apart and found that the gears are shot! I wish I could say I abused the thing or mashed the line feed head, but I didn't. Now I have to price out replacement parts. Piece of garbage!
West Coxsackie, NY
I purchased this and from the beginning could never get it started. Brought back to Searsand they sent it out for repairs. One month later it came back and started great but would not stay running. Sent back out. Came back.. should work but end of the season. Next year.. still will not stay running Just brought it in for repairs again. Thankfully I purchased an extended warranty on it. I guess I got what I paid for.... lesson learned.
- Members Get 10% back in points on first $500 of each qualifying purchase with a Sears Card. Offer ends 25-Dec-2014 See details.
- Free shipping! Orders $59 or more Offer ends 31-Dec-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Dec-2014 See details.
- Need it by December 24. Offer ends 24-Dec-2014 See details.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 31-Jan-2015 See details.