Craftsman 32 in. Spread Width Aerator/Spreader Combo, 100 lb. CapacityItem# 07124331000 | Model# 24331
Specifications & Dimensions
|Dimensions and Weight:|
|Item Weight (lbs.):||41|
|Overall Dimensions:||30 x 36 x 28|
|Assembly Required:||Assembly Required|
|Fits Brands/Models:||Universal - works with all brand of riding lawn mowers|
|Spread Width:||32 in.|
|Wheels & Tires:|
|Tire/Wheel Size:||10 x 1.75 in.|
|General Warranty:||1 year limited|
|Material:||Rustproof polypropylene hopper|
Ratings & Reviews
The Craftsman Aerator Spreader Offers Two-in-One Versatility
Providing two jobs at once, the Craftsman 32 in aerator spreader combo 100 lb. capacity will not only aerate your soil, but will also fertilize your lawn at the same time. The heavy-duty aerator punctures the soil to prevent run-off of fertilizers, and it helps herbicides to get directly into the worked soil. The aerator/spreader has 96 heavy-duty steel tine tips that penetrate soil up to two inches for tough, dependable operation. The 100% rustproof polypropylene hopper delivers long-lasting, all-weather durability and a large, 100 lb. capacity for getting the job done in less time.
Spread fertilizer, weed killers, ice melt or sand in half the time with the Craftsman aerator spreader. A convenient lift lever raises it and lowers it quickly and efficiently, so you can get the job done in half the time. The heavy-duty, four-sided stainless steel agitator is driven by durable spike wheels. A large, 32 inch spread with covers more ground at once. 10 in. x 1.75 in. smooth-rolling tires are extremely maneuverable and make the aerator/spreader mobile and portable.
- Weighing only 41 lbs. with overall dimensions of 30 in. x 36 in. x 28 in., the Craftsman 32 in Aerator Spreader Combo 100 delivers portability, maneuverability and storage
- Two-in-one versatility as both an aerator and a spreader
- Punctures soil to prevent run-off of fertilizers
- Helps herbicides get directly into the soil
- 100-lb. capacity hopper holds many types of materials such as fertilizer, weed killers, ice melt or sand
- 100% rustproof polypropylene hopper delivers all-weather durability
- 96 steel tine tips penetrate the soil up to two inches quickly and easily
- Large, 32 in. spread with covers more ground at once
- Handy lift lever for easy raising and lowering
- Some minimal assembly required
- 1-year limited warranty protects your investment
- Click here for online brochure
Added on October 21, 2010
Overall, others give this:
Reviewers may have received a benefit, like a sweepstakes entry or rewards program points, in exchange for writing a review.
Those benefits were not conditioned on the positive or negative content of the review.
Most Helpful Reviews
This is not the best aerator nor is it the best spreader.But it does a decent job doing both at once.To aerate well its going to take several passes and would be best used just tagging along while you mow (and weights).Assembly was somewhat difficult and at times confusing but with patience it is doable.As far as quality its not bad and everything works well if not abused
The reviewer indicated they are affiliated with this product.
Nothing about this tool is great. The engage lever can't be reached by the operator while seated. The tines barely make aeration hole in the ground without adding cinder blocks on top of a piece of plywood. Doing so kinda looks like the spreader might be over loaded.
The aerater seed spreader combo was easy to set up and worked better than I expected. The star spikes put small slits in the lawn and with some extra weight on it, the slits are deeper. The system attached easy to my ride on lawn mower. I spread fertilizer and seeds quicker than a push spreader.
The advertisement stated that the "The heavy-duty, four-sided stainless steel agitator is driven by durable spike wheels." I noticed the shaft is not stainless and is already rusting after one use.
I have owned this for 3 seasons, but only used 1st season, then just got out of shed for 3rd season to use. I agree with other reviewers assembly wasn't easy, but can be done with a little patience. However, the problems lie in the design. The drop setting screw can come loose from vibrations unless you really tighten it down. The flow control handle won't stay in the off position as you turn around for the next pass, it jumps out of it's retaining notch easily with the smallest bump. The aerator augur doesn't turn well and the distribution holes don't consistently drop fertilizer. Finally the chain broke, even though the augur was oiled. This needs a redesign, save your money.
This product is easy to but together with two people. If you have all the parts it can be done if you read and follow the directions. It does a good job as a stand alone but for better use I taped a brick to the support rod in the middle it works perfect. Keep in mind nothing is perfect and I have owned other makes and models this is the best so far.
- 5% Instant Savings or Special financing on Lawn & Garden items over $299 with Sears card. Offer ends 04-Apr-2015 See details.
- Get Quarter ct tw Diamond Earrings for $24.99 with any storewide purchase of $19.99 or more! Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.
- Get Diamond accent Heart Earrings for $29.99 with a purchase of $19.99 or more! Limit 1 per order Offer ends 31-Mar-2015 See details.